12/6: Bears vs 49ers, noon on Fox

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

12/6: Bears vs 49ers, noon on Fox

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:29 am

Well, well, well, it's back to favorite status for the Bears (-7) after beating the Packers. The niners suck, but have occasionally played well. There may be a decent chance that they blew their load by not getting blown out against Arizona at home. The west coast teams heading east for an early game theory would say the Bears have a good shot at winning this game. They really have no excuse not to win big. Coming off a half week extra rest, they have a shot to be .500 for the first time since week six of last season.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Re: 12/6: Bears vs 49ers, noon on Fox

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:53 am

Come on Bears, keep my interest level going this season.

If you play around with the playoffs simulator which is now up on ESPN, a lot of scenarios with a 10-6 Bears end up in a playoff bid. 8-8 seems most likely though.
ImageImage

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:12 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:If you play around with the playoffs simulator which is now up on ESPN

Thanks there goes my [expletive] morning
Dare to dream....

Smack
5-Time All-Star

Postby Smack » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:28 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:There may be a decent chance that they blew their load by not getting blown out against Arizona at home.

This is what I was thinking, I watched some of that game for some unknown reason. They sure seemed to be fired up and emotional (on defense anyway).
BTFU!

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 am

yayy. throwbacks this weekend.

apete6
All-Star

Postby apete6 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:43 pm

For Bears to make it in at 9-7, it can't come down to just them and Seattle due to head to head. If Seattle, Atlanta, and the Bears are all 9-7, the Bears win most of those tiebreakers.

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:11 pm

i know the bears are decent and the 49ers are bad but that spread seems...high

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm normally not one to care about power rankings, but the Bears actually dropped a spot on ESPN's rankings, after beating GB in Lambeau.

What?
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:58 pm

CubsBearsMagic wrote:I'm normally not one to care about power rankings, but the Bears actually dropped a spot on ESPN's rankings, after beating GB in Lambeau.

What?

Because they moved the Redskins way up.

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:08 pm

Yeah, just not sure how a home win vs NYG would be more impressive than a road win at GB. Or how the Bears fail to leapfrog any of the three 5-6 teams ahead of them coming off losses.

Also Philly jumped a spot after being humiliated by Detroit lol

BigbadB
Hall of Fame

Postby BigbadB » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Really enjoying what this team is doing right now. Guys I have never heard of are making plays on defense. Seems nearly everyone except a small handful of guys are 1st or 2nd year guys. I don't know if Fangio's defensive schemes are just easy to learn or they are good at picking up guys off the scrap heap that can quickly adjust, but it's nice to see them keeping good offenses from scoring.

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:04 pm

CubsBearsMagic wrote:Yeah, just not sure how a home win vs NYG would be more impressive than a road win at GB. Or how the Bears fail to leapfrog any of the three 5-6 teams ahead of them coming off losses.

Also Philly jumped a spot after being humiliated by Detroit lol

I bet its because Washington is in a playoff spot and leading a division and Chicago is not. I don't think they put enough thought into the rankings overall.
Dare to dream....

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:27 pm

https://twitter.com/ZachZaidman/status/ ... 2554142720

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:11 pm

If we head into Minnesota at 7-6 and in the thick of the WC race, I could definitely see Kevin White happening. I believe that's the final week he can be activated.

rawaction
Hall of Fame

Postby rawaction » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:32 pm

CubsBearsMagic wrote:If we head into Minnesota at 7-6 and in the thick of the WC race, I could definitely see Kevin White happening. I believe that's the final week he can be activated.

I think it's more likely if the Bears lose a couple games. Lost season, throw him out there. But I don't know that they want to throw him in a prominent role in a potential playoff race. Not that his role has to be prominent, but I'd imagine he'd be used 15-25 plays a game. 7-6, maybe you send him on go routes and WR screens. 5-8, maybe you incorporate him into the actual gameplan more to see what he can do.

Ryne Ween
All-Star

Postby Ryne Ween » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:23 pm

If he is healthy I'd start getting him the ball immediately. I watched a bunch of his games senior year. He's essentially a freak if nature. He's 6'3 220 and had basically the same combine numbers as Tavon Austin. I'd would be awesome to see what he could do getting some of the screens we do with Jeffrey. He is significantly faster than Jeffrey.

He could be the best WR in football by next year.

jumbo
Starter

Postby jumbo » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:13 am

Ryne Ween wrote:If he is healthy I'd start getting him the ball immediately. I watched a bunch of his games senior year. He's essentially a freak if nature. He's 6'3 220 and had basically the same combine numbers as Tavon Austin. I'd would be awesome to see what he could do getting some of the screens we do with Jeffrey. He is significantly faster than Jeffrey.

He could be the best WR in football by next year.

Was WV the type of offense that would make him pro-ready? Without looking anything up he had a limited amount of college game experience so I wouldn't expect him to be the route runner that would go along with that type of projection.

UK
Superstar

Postby UK » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:05 am

This game is one where I should not worry about Fox's in game management impacting the game.

biittner77
5-Time All-Star

Postby biittner77 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 am

rawaction wrote:
CubsBearsMagic wrote:If we head into Minnesota at 7-6 and in the thick of the WC race, I could definitely see Kevin White happening. I believe that's the final week he can be activated.

I think it's more likely if the Bears lose a couple games. Lost season, throw him out there. But I don't know that they want to throw him in a prominent role in a potential playoff race. Not that his role has to be prominent, but I'd imagine he'd be used 15-25 plays a game. 7-6, maybe you send him on go routes and WR screens. 5-8, maybe you incorporate him into the actual gameplan more to see what he can do.

If nothing else, he gives the opposing defense something to think about, more so than many of the other options the Bears currently have that are actually healthy. I don't see where 7-6 makes that much of a difference. If they want to actually win a playoff game they'll need another threat on offense. As a WR he's not likely to cost them a game that they need to win.
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Kyle Long talking Martellus Bennett again?

Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:35 pm

biittner77 wrote:
rawaction wrote:

If nothing else, he gives the opposing defense something to think about, more so than many of the other options the Bears currently have that are actually healthy. I don't see where 7-6 makes that much of a difference. If they want to actually win a playoff game they'll need another threat on offense. As a WR he's not likely to cost them a game that they need to win.

Plus he's not going to be a downgrade from Wilson or Bellamy or whoever no matter how inexperienced he is.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:05 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Kyle Long talking Martellus Bennett again?

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:18 pm

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/articl ... cc5fb4aa22

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is happy to see rookie receiver Kevin White back on the practice field with his teammates this week, participating in individual drills.

The seventh overall pick in this year's draft returned Wednesday for the first time since he sustained a stress fracture in the lower part of his shin during OTA workouts in June.

"I think it was big not only for him but for us just to see what he can do, a little breath of fresh air," Cutler said. "He's got some burst to him. You can see the talent is definitely there. He just has to start trusting his leg and get in better football shape and learn the offense better."

White has been on the physically unable to perform list since the summer. The Bears opened his 21-day practice window last Tuesday, giving them until Dec. 15 to decide whether to add him to their active roster or put him on season-ending injured reserve.

Seeing White back on the practice field, offensive coordinator Adam Gase is beginning to contemplate how he would utilize the first-round pick if he's cleared to play in a game.

"I try to think what would be the right thing to use him for," Gase said. "When you're a first-year player in the league, you're not going to grasp everything right away. So especially with the limited time that we've had him, it's 'what should we do with him if he does get out there' and 'what's going to be the best thing that he can do to help contribute?'"

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 pm

Good god what the hell is wrong with GB?

Soul
Resident Cat Lady

Postby Soul » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:40 pm

CubsBearsMagic wrote:Good god what the hell is wrong with GB?

Lots of injuries especially that OL. Mediocre receivers who played above their heads earlier in the year. Drop off in production from Lahey.

Frustration building up.

And frankly Rodgers isn't playing well. He's missing more throws than ever.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger usually leaves a scar.

Return to “Other Sports”