College Football - Bowl Games

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28552
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 am
Location: West Michigan

College Football - Bowl Games

Postby Andy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:58 pm

Gildan New Mexico Bowl in Albuquerque, NM – 12/19, 2 pm (ESPN)
New Mexico vs Arizona

Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl in Las Vegas, NV – 12/19, 3:30 pm (ABC)
(22) Utah vs BYU

Raycom Media Camellia Bowl in Montgomery, AL – 12/19, 5:30 pm (ESPN)
Ohio vs Appalachian State

AutoNation Cure Bowl in Orlando, FL – 12/19, 7 pm (CBSSN)
San Jose State vs Georgia State

R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl in New Orleans, LA – 12/19, 9 pm (ESPN)
Louisiana Tech vs Arkansas State

Miami Beach Bowl in Miami, FL – 12/21, 2:30 pm (ESPN)
Western Kentucky vs South Florida

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl in Boise, ID – 12/22, 3:30 pm (ESPN)
Utah State vs Akron

Marmot Boca Raton Bowl in Boca Raton, FL – 12/22, 7 pm (ESPN)
Toledo vs (24) Temple

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego, CA – 12/23, 4:30 pm (ESPN)
Boise State vs Northern Illinois

GoDaddy Bowl in Mobile, AL – 12/23, 8 pm (ESPN)
Georgia Southern vs Bowling Green

Popeye’s Bahamas Bowl in Nassau, BS – 12/24, 12 pm (ESPN)
Middle Tennessee vs Western Michigan

Hawaii Bowl in Honolulu, HI – 12/24, 8 pm (ESPN)
Cincinnati vs San Diego State

St. Petersburg Bowl in St. Petersburg, FL – 12/26, 11 am (ESPN)
UConn vs Marshall

Hyundai Sun Bowl in El Paso, TX – 12/26, 2 pm (CBS)
Washington State vs Miami

Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl in Dallas, TX – 12/26, 2:20 pm (ESPN)
Southern Miss vs Washington

New Era Pinstripe Bowl in New York, NY – 12/26, 3:30 pm (ABC)
Duke vs Indiana

Camping World Independence Bowl in Shreveport, LA – 12/26, 5:45 pm (ESPN)
Virginia Tech vs Tulsa

Foster Farms Bowl in Santa Clara, CA – 12/26, 9:15 pm (ESPN)
UCLA vs Nebraska

Military Bowl in Annapolis, MD – 12/28, 2:30 pm (ESPN)
Pittsburgh vs (21) Navy

Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit, MI – 12/28, 5 pm (ESPN2)
Minnesota vs Central Michigan

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth, TX – 12/29, 2 pm (ESPN)
California vs Air Force

Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando, FL – 12/29, 5:30 pm (ESPN)

(10) North Carolina vs (17) Baylor

Nova Home Loans Arizona Bowl in Tucson, AZ – 12/29, 7:30 pm (CampusInsiders.com)
Nevada vs Colorado State

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl in Houston, TX – 12/29, 9 pm (ESPN)
Texas Tech vs (20) LSU

Birmingham Bowl in Birmingham, AL – 12/30, 12 pm (ESPN)
Auburn vs Memphis

Belk Bowl in Charlotte, NC – 12/30, 3:30 pm (ESPN)
Mississippi State vs NC State

Franklin American Mortgage Company Music City Bowl in Nashville, TN – 12/30, 7 pm (ESPN)
Texas A&M vs Louisville

Holiday Bowl in San Diego, CA – 12/30, 10:30 pm (ESPN)
(25) USC vs Wisconsin

Outback Bowl in Tampa, FL – 1/1, 12 pm (ESPN2)
(23) Tennessee vs (13) Northwestern

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl in Orlando, FL – 1/1, 1 pm (ABC)

(19) Florida vs (14) Michigan

TaxSlayer Bowl in Jacksonville, FL – 1/2, 12 pm (ESPN)
Penn State vs Georgia

AutoZone Liberty Bowl in Memphis, TN – 1/2, 3:20 pm (ESPN)
Arkansas vs Kansas State

Valero Alamo Bowl in San Antonio, TX – 1/2, 6:45 pm (ESPN)
(15) Oregon vs (12) TCU

Motel 6 Cactus Bowl in Tempe, AZ – 1/2, 10:15 pm (ESPN)
Arizona State vs West Virginia

“New Year’s 6” Games:

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl in Atlanta, GA – 12/31, 12:30 pm (ESPN)
(18) Houston vs (9) Florida State

BattleFrog Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, AZ – 1/1, 1 pm (ESPN)
(8) Notre Dame vs (7) Ohio State

Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA – 1/1, 5 pm (ESPN)
(6) Stanford vs (5) Iowa

Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, LA – 1/1, 8:30 pm (ESPN)
(16) Oklahoma State vs (12) Ole Miss

Playoff:

Capital One Orange Bowl Semifinal in Miami, FL – 12/31, 4:30 pm (ESPN)
(4) Oklahoma vs (1) Clemson

Goodyear Cotton Bowl Semifinal in Arlington, TX – 12/31, 8 pm (ESPN)
(3) Michigan State vs (2) Alabama

College Football Championship Game in Glendale, AZ – 1/11, 8:30 pm (ESPN)

Semifinal Winners
Last edited by Andy on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33783
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:32 am

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:18 am

It's a rule of the cosmos that every 6 years Ole Miss must play OK State in a bowl game. 2004 Cotton, 2010 Cotton, 2016 Sugar.

Seems like a boring matchup. I was wanting the chance to play Baylor but then after watching their "QB" throwing balls like a 12 year old in the backyard, I don't think that would have even been anything resembling a game.

Seems like Ole Miss is becoming "that" team that somehow comes across obscene ways to lose. Might have made the playoff last year if Treadwell doesn't snap his leg in half literally inches from the goal line and then this year to be the most flukish 4th and 25 in all of football history away from likely being SEC Champs.

Oh, and the playoff games need to be New Years Day, not Eve.

I'll forever be of the opinion, and I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here, that an 8 team playoff with all 4 preliminary games being played on New Years Day would be the most epic thing ever. Start out at like noon Eastern with something like the Orange Bowl, then go to Central and play Cotton, then to Mountain and play Fiesta, then end the day with a Rose bowl playoff game. The amount of advertising revenue they would get from boner pill ads would be astonishing.
Image

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 47568
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:08 am
Location: Chicago Loop

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby SouthSideRyan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:41 am

You would've been really annoyed when Ole Miss won the SEC and got left out of the playoff for Alabama.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33783
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:32 am

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby OleMissCub » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:49 am

SouthSideRyan wrote:You would've been really annoyed when Ole Miss won the SEC and got left out of the playoff for Alabama.


Nah, I would have been fine with it considering they lost to Memphis. They wouldn't have deserved to be in it with 2 losses anyways and especially with one of those to stupid Memphis.
Image

User avatar
sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President
Posts: 10436
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:58 pm
Location: behind the boathouse

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby sneakypower » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:35 am

Image

User avatar
shnsajax
Superstar
Posts: 14958
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:44 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby shnsajax » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:15 pm

I know Kevin Sumlin is a major drunk, but if he manages to get both Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray to transfer away from A&M before the bowl game I will be verfy impressed.
Image

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33783
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:32 am

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby OleMissCub » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Murray needs to stick with baseball.
Image

User avatar
shnsajax
Superstar
Posts: 14958
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:44 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby shnsajax » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:45 pm

OleMissCub wrote:Murray needs to stick with baseball.


No idea why he passed up the draft to begin with.
Image

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7179
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Bedford, TX

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby Old Style » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:53 pm

shnsajax wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:Murray needs to stick with baseball.


No idea why he passed up the draft to begin with.

Part of it is arrogance. Part of it is that his dad, A&M great Kevin Murray, had an awful minor league baseball experience before enrolling at A&M.
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
shnsajax
Superstar
Posts: 14958
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:44 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby shnsajax » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:57 pm

Old Style wrote:
shnsajax wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:Murray needs to stick with baseball.


No idea why he passed up the draft to begin with.

Part of it is arrogance. Part of it is that his dad, A&M great Kevin Murray, had an awful minor league baseball experience before enrolling at A&M.


Kevin's brother Calvin didn't though, not to mention working for Scott Boras now. Still take the signing bonus espeically if he goes 1st round and keep football as a fallback option. I can also understand not signing and going to play football, but withdrawing from the draft entirely doesn't make a lot of sense.
Image

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28552
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 am
Location: West Michigan

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby Andy » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Sumlin is now saying Murray will be at practice tomorrow. Very strange times in College Station.

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7179
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Bedford, TX

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby Old Style » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:34 am

Rumblings this morning are back to Kyler being gone. Who knows what the Murrays are thinking right now. At this point I don't even care. Just make up your [expletive] mind and let's move forward.
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
shnsajax
Superstar
Posts: 14958
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:44 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby shnsajax » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:31 pm

I always thought one of Allen/Murray would transfer, but not both. God knows what Sumlin tells kids just to get them to commit, but based on Allen's tweet its whatever it takes to get him to sign. I know he had to tell Kyler whatever to keep him away from Texas and avoid having his class fall apart.

Here's Sumlin's QB history at A&M:
2012.....Matt Davis......4*........one RS year................Transferred
2013.....Kenny Hill.......4*........played RS Fr year Transferred
2013.....Kohl Stewart 4*.......went pro baseball
2014.....Kyle Allen.......5*........played 2 yrs.................Transferred
2015.....Kyler Murray 5*.........played 1 yr..................Transfering
2015.....Jake Hubenak ............................................?
Image

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7179
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Bedford, TX

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby Old Style » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:38 pm

shnsajax wrote:I always thought one of Allen/Murray would transfer, but not both. God knows what Sumlin tells kids just to get them to commit, but based on Allen's tweet its whatever it takes to get him to sign. I know he had to tell Kyler whatever to keep him away from Texas and avoid having his class fall apart.

Here's Sumlin's QB history at A&M:
2012.....Matt Davis......4*........one RS year................Transferred
2013.....Kenny Hill.......4*........played RS Fr year Transferred
2013.....Kohl Stewart 4*.......went pro baseball
2014.....Kyle Allen.......5*........played 2 yrs.................Transferred
2015.....Kyler Murray 5*.........played 1 yr..................Transfering
2015.....Jake Hubenak ............................................?

Matt Davis committed to Mike Sherman and wasn't a fit for Sumlin's offense. Kenny Hill had a drinking problem. But it does appear that Sumlin foolishly made promises to Kevin & Kyler Murray that apparently he couldn't live up to.
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33783
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:32 am

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:46 pm

The University of Texas really needs to fix this. ONE player committed in the top 20 in the state. Wow. Strong needs to be fired immediately.

Image
Image

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 28552
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 am
Location: West Michigan

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby Andy » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Lots of SEC in that list. The league's move to get into Texas looks more shrewd all the time.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33783
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:32 am

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:13 pm

Andy wrote:Lots of SEC in that list. The league's move to get into Texas looks more shrewd all the time.


Absolutely. This is 2011, the last class before TAMU joined the SEC.

Image
Image

User avatar
shnsajax
Superstar
Posts: 14958
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:44 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby shnsajax » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:32 pm

It's bad at Texas. Strong has one more year to fix it otherwise it could be a battle with A&M for Tom Herman. Unless A&M can find cause and fire Sumlin now which Old Style might have more info on.

Looks like Murray is officially gone too.
Image

User avatar
shnsajax
Superstar
Posts: 14958
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:44 pm
Location: Boise, Idaho

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby shnsajax » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Also what was the final offer Ole Miss made Greg Little?
Image

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 33783
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:32 am

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:46 pm

shnsajax wrote:Also what was the final offer Ole Miss made Greg Little?


Avoid dumpster fires at Texas and Texas A&M. Go to Ole Miss and just like Tunsil, you can start day one at LT, play for three years, then be in the top 5 in the NFL draft. Oh, and....

Spoiler: show
Image

Kinda crazy that with all their oil money, Texas and A&M can't outbid lowly Ole Miss for prime talent.
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61337
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
Contact:

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:55 pm

Dare to dream....
Image

apete6
All-Star
Posts: 3442
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:35 pm
Location: Northwest Side

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby apete6 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:09 pm

Old Style wrote:
shnsajax wrote:I always thought one of Allen/Murray would transfer, but not both. God knows what Sumlin tells kids just to get them to commit, but based on Allen's tweet its whatever it takes to get him to sign. I know he had to tell Kyler whatever to keep him away from Texas and avoid having his class fall apart.

Here's Sumlin's QB history at A&M:
2012.....Matt Davis......4*........one RS year................Transferred
2013.....Kenny Hill.......4*........played RS Fr year Transferred
2013.....Kohl Stewart 4*.......went pro baseball
2014.....Kyle Allen.......5*........played 2 yrs.................Transferred
2015.....Kyler Murray 5*.........played 1 yr..................Transfering
2015.....Jake Hubenak ............................................?

Matt Davis committed to Mike Sherman and wasn't a fit for Sumlin's offense. Kenny Hill had a drinking problem. But it does appear that Sumlin foolishly made promises to Kevin & Kyler Murray that apparently he couldn't live up to.


Sumlin owes JFF about 75% of his contract extension money. He's a fraud.

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7179
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Bedford, TX

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby Old Style » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:43 am

shnsajax wrote:It's bad at Texas. Strong has one more year to fix it otherwise it could be a battle with A&M for Tom Herman. Unless A&M can find cause and fire Sumlin now which Old Style might have more info on.

Looks like Murray is officially gone too.

Heard some rumors that John Sharp is trying to make Sumlin disappear but I don't think he'll be fired at this time. His seat will be blazing hot next season, though.
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7179
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:57 am
Location: Bedford, TX

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby Old Style » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:43 am

apete6 wrote:
Old Style wrote:
shnsajax wrote:I always thought one of Allen/Murray would transfer, but not both. God knows what Sumlin tells kids just to get them to commit, but based on Allen's tweet its whatever it takes to get him to sign. I know he had to tell Kyler whatever to keep him away from Texas and avoid having his class fall apart.

Here's Sumlin's QB history at A&M:
2012.....Matt Davis......4*........one RS year................Transferred
2013.....Kenny Hill.......4*........played RS Fr year Transferred
2013.....Kohl Stewart 4*.......went pro baseball
2014.....Kyle Allen.......5*........played 2 yrs.................Transferred
2015.....Kyler Murray 5*.........played 1 yr..................Transfering
2015.....Jake Hubenak ............................................?

Matt Davis committed to Mike Sherman and wasn't a fit for Sumlin's offense. Kenny Hill had a drinking problem. But it does appear that Sumlin foolishly made promises to Kevin & Kyler Murray that apparently he couldn't live up to.


Sumlin owes JFF about 75% of his contract extension money. He's a fraud.

The other 25% should probably go to Kliff Kingsbury.
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61337
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
Contact:

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:21 pm

I saw Ball State's HC is resigning to be an assistant at Maryland. Does this happen a lot? I find it a little odd that a head coach would resign to be an assistant for a rookie head coach at a bottom tier Big Ten school.
Dare to dream....
Image


Return to “Other Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest