College Football - Bowl Games

shnsajax
Superstar

Re: College Football - Bowl Games

Postby shnsajax » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:08 pm

He could get a bidding war next year if Strong sucks at Texas. And I'm sure another power 5 job could open as well.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:57 pm

I wonder if Nessler gets in trouble for saying DeShaun Watson is better than God
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:02 pm

I thought Joan Rivers was dead.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:31 pm

Defensive lineman hands to the face happens all the time. Only gets called when the lineman holds it there too long. Gets called twice on one drive for next to nothing.

That being said, Sabban is a mile ahead of Dantonio....with better athletes.
“There are 2,000 verses of Scripture that call upon us to respond to the needs of the poor. And yet, I find that when Christians talked about values in this last election that was not on the agenda, that was not a concern. ”-Tony Campolo

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:38 pm

Defensive lineman hands to the face happens all the time. Only gets called when the lineman holds it there too long. Gets called twice on one drive for next to nothing.

“There are 2,000 verses of Scripture that call upon us to respond to the needs of the poor. And yet, I find that when Christians talked about values in this last election that was not on the agenda, that was not a concern. ”-Tony Campolo

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:39 pm

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:43 pm

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Bama v Clemson sounds about right. I think if Bama wins Saban will get the hell out of Tuscaloosa. Maybe Texas will make it work out this time or maybe he'll scratch the NFL itch again. Ultimately I think he'll end up on TV on College Gameday or something like that. He's really good.

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:26 pm

OleMissCub wrote:Bama v Clemson sounds about right. I think if Bama wins Saban will get the hell out of Tuscaloosa. Maybe Texas will make it work out this time or maybe he'll scratch the NFL itch again. Ultimately I think he'll end up on TV on College Gameday or something like that. He's really good.
clearly to two best teams. I didn't like our matchup with Alabama, when they chose to attack MSU weaknesses instead of trying to establish Henry, MSU never had a shot. I hope Saban stays. He sets a high bar and I like him waaay more than Dabo

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:39 pm

NewUserName wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:Bama v Clemson sounds about right. I think if Bama wins Saban will get the hell out of Tuscaloosa. Maybe Texas will make it work out this time or maybe he'll scratch the NFL itch again. Ultimately I think he'll end up on TV on College Gameday or something like that. He's really good.
clearly to two best teams. I didn't like our matchup with Alabama, when they chose to attack MSU weaknesses instead of trying to establish Henry, MSU never had a shot. I hope Saban stays. He sets a high bar and I like him waaay more than Dabo

Freeze is in his head, so I hope he stays. Well...not really, he needs to get the hell out of the SEC.

shnsajax
Superstar

Postby shnsajax » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:42 pm

Yeah I think he retires. Don't think he wants to go back to NFL or to UT. He will give himself a heart attack if he continues for much longer.

philosophizer75
Starter

Postby philosophizer75 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:33 pm

Well I got lucky and got to be at the Bama-MSU game today. My brother attends msu and got randomly chosen to try a field goal at half time of a game this year. He made it and won two tickets, airfare, and hotel room and invited me along. Sucks that it wasn't close, felt bad for him cause he was just quiet for about 30% of the game. But it was awesome finally getting to see the bama machine and also the jerrydome.
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

When Schwarber wins the WS with a big fat dong and uses his bat to club to death every player on the other team and half their fans, I expect every one of these talking heads to defend him. -yanrslatr

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:53 pm

Jerry World is amazing. When I first went there, all I could think of was how that place was gonna be around 2,000 years from now like the Roman Colloseum. It felt like you were walking into a modern Wonder of the World.

shnsajax
Superstar

Postby shnsajax » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:57 pm

This. As much as its made fun of its a freaking Mecca.

philosophizer75
Starter

Postby philosophizer75 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:02 am

Yeah, it was actually really cool. Really an impressive building, and that big screen is just.. Wow. They also had a bald eagle fly around during the national anthem which I hadn't seen before. Apparently this one was the only one trained for it in the world or something, there was a short video about it before the anthem.
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

When Schwarber wins the WS with a big fat dong and uses his bat to club to death every player on the other team and half their fans, I expect every one of these talking heads to defend him. -yanrslatr

OleMissCub
Hall of Fame

Postby OleMissCub » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:22 am

Ya, the screen is indescribable. You literally have to see it in person to understand its awesomeness.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:52 am

OleMissCub wrote:Jerry World is amazing. When I first went there, all I could think of was how that place was gonna be around 2,000 years from now like the Roman Colloseum. It felt like you were walking into a modern Wonder of the World.

2000 years? It'll get torn down and replaced in 15 years

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:51 am

shnsajax wrote:

Yeah I think he retires. Don't think he wants to go back to NFL or to UT. He will give himself a heart attack if he continues for much longer.

So he'll be at OSU in a few years then?
Dare to dream....

SRQCub
Role Player

Postby SRQCub » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Northwestern has the stupidest, most homosexual jerseys in all of sports.

Between these Bill Cosby sweaters and the creamsicle jerseys from Tennessee, this is hard to watch.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:18 pm

SRQCub wrote:Northwestern has the stupidest, most homosexual jerseys in all of sports.

Between these Bill Cosby sweaters and the creamsicle jerseys from Tennessee, this is hard to watch.

Do tell, what characterizes a "homosexual jersey"?

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:35 pm

That targeting call on Bosa....come on

SRQCub
Role Player

Postby SRQCub » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:38 pm

Derwood wrote:
SRQCub wrote:Northwestern has the stupidest, most homosexual jerseys in all of sports.

Do tell, what characterizes a "homosexual jersey"?

A stripe intended to make the jersey look like a sweater? We can go with metrosexual, if you prefer?

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Jaylon Smith was about the only good ND player left without a season ending injury, so of course he gets one. This season is [expletive] stupid

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:55 pm

Derwood wrote:That targeting call on Bosa....come on

The ejection is too extreme in all cases. I could live with a 15 yd penalty on that play.

SRQCub
Role Player

Postby SRQCub » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:07 pm

NewUserName wrote:
Derwood wrote:That targeting call on Bosa....come on

The ejection is too extreme in all cases. I could live with a 15 yd penalty on that play.

At the very least, give every player one personal foul without ejecting.

Return to “Other Sports”