12/20: Bears at Vikings, FOX, Noon CST

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Re: 12/20: Bears at Vikings, FOX, Noon CST

Postby Stannis » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:32 am

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Are we even sure this is Jays best season anyways? Best full season maybe (in Chicago that is)

Pretty normal.
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:43 am

Of course I blanked the horror of week 3 from my memory , so this wouldn't qualify as a full season either.

I'd like to see Gase stay for consistency, as there is enough there to like, but I'm not gonna stress about a possible departure either. Fangio, I'm even less concerned about since our Head Coach is a defensive guy and there are probably stronger internal candidates to just take over Fangios defense.
ImageImage

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:05 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Are we even sure this is Jays best season anyways? Best full season maybe (in Chicago that is)

It's debatable. He's having a good year though. On pace for his highest QB rating and has a chance to finish with the lowest turnover rate he's ever had. He's also given a pretty bad team a chance to win at the end of most games.

However, I actually thought he was playing his best football in 2011 under Martz before Knox fell down. Similar low turnover rate. I think that 2011 team could have done something in the playoffs had he stayed healthy.
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:07 pm

CubsBearsMagic wrote:

It's debatable. He's having a good year though. On pace for his highest QB rating and has a chance to finish with the lowest turnover rate he's ever had. He's also given a pretty bad team a chance to win at the end of most games.

However, I actually thought he was playing his best football in 2011 under Martz before Knox fell down. Similar low turnover rate. I think that 2011 team could have done something in the playoffs had he stayed healthy.

yes to all of this

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Yea but Passer rating is a dumb stat. I think 2013 Jay is still the best Bears Jay, a few extra turnovers be damned.
ImageImage

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:12 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:Yea but Passer rating is a dumb stat. I think 2013 Jay is still the best Bears Jay, a few extra turnovers be damned.

yeah but 2013 jay had marshall, alshon, and bennett to throw to. i say 2011 jay doing what he was doing with knox, hester, and like roy williams was more impressive.

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:17 pm

So, we can all agree we prefer odd year Jay though.
ImageImage

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:57 pm

WrigleyField 22 wrote:So, we can all agree we prefer odd year Jay though.

Pretty much, except for 2009 which was easily his worst season.
I demand dongs. I demand annihilation.

Stannis
RIP Sulley

Postby Stannis » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:50 am

David wrote:
CubsBearsMagic wrote:

yes to all of this

The Chargers game was the high water mark. At the time before Jay got hurt, they were one of the top teams in football. Jay was playing like a hero.
"Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow."

WrigleyField 22
5-Time All-Star

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:55 am

A win over a team in a battle for the top pick is our high water mark. Yaaay

Edit - nevermind I've confused myself
Last edited by WrigleyField 22 on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:56 am

Stannis wrote:
David wrote:
CubsBearsMagic wrote:

yes to all of this

The Chargers game was the high water mark. At the time before Jay got hurt, they were one of the top teams in football. Jay was playing like a hero.

People were calling the Bears one of the most dangerous teams in football before he went down. They were definitely looking like contenders and Jay was playing awesome. In retrospect that play altered the course of the Bears for the next several years. Because Jay was out, the Bears tanked and went 1-5 down the stretch against an easy schedule. Jerry Angelo was fired and replaced with Emery after the season and Lovie came into 2012 with a playoffs or bust mandate. Despite going starting 7-1 and finishing 10-6, Lovie was indeed fired so Emery could pick his coach, who was a disaster. Meanwhile several non-impact drafts later the aging defense faltered and there was no one younger to step in and the Bears are where they are now
Dare to dream....

Return to “Other Sports”