The Rams don't like St Louis

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Re: The Rams don't like St Louis

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:07 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:[expletive] the South

Seriously tho, Puget Sound and Portland feel like 45% transplants to me

Uh, yeah. Everybody in the pacific northwest is there because they are running away from something back home.

Uh, that's Jersey. Here, people come because of the huge tech booms, the military, and beer.
Spoiler: show

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:11 pm

And to tell people they live in the Pacific Northwest.
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:14 pm

And to live in a perpetual gloomy mist (even if this is a misconception, I'm sticking to it)

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:28 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Uh, yeah. Everybody in the pacific northwest is there because they are running away from something back home.

Uh, that's Jersey. Here, people come because of the huge tech booms, the military, and beer.

plus the white power utopia,

all those heroin/meth addicted bums must have really have a tough adjustment to the tech boom.

The only thing people in NJ are running away from are the rents in Manhattan. I live in the only transplant centric area in the state. Most of the rest of the state are the same as any other regular suburbia with lifers. Everybody in south jersey is 8 generation south jersey and lives within three houses of a relative, although north jersey does have the occasional executive that came from somewhere else and purposefully moved to the burbs.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Transmogrified Tiger
Hall of Fame

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:33 pm

The entire country is full of townies except for big cities and where I live.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:43 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:The entire country is full of townies except for big cities and where I live.

and parts of colorado, which is dotted with little towns filled with people from all over, and florida and arizona.
Tim wrote:"Hawthorne Effect". Basically, people improve their behavior if they know they're being watched. I'm a competitive cur, so having friends that are also doing it drives me to want to "win" daily/weekly challenges and such.

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:45 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:The entire country is full of townies except for big cities and where I live.

and parts of colorado, which is dotted with little towns filled with people from all over, and florida and arizona.

And college towns.

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:46 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

all those heroin/meth addicted bums must have really have a tough adjustment to the tech boom.

The only thing people in NJ are running away from are the rents in Manhattan. I live in the only transplant centric area in the state. Most of the rest of the state are the same as any other regular suburbia with lifers. Everybody in south jersey is 8 generation south jersey and lives within three houses of a relative, although north jersey does have the occasional executive that came from somewhere else and purposefully moved to the burbs.

So you're saying Jersey is full of inbreeding?

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:21 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
minnesotacubsfan wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

So you're saying Jersey is full of inbreeding?

Probably in parts of south jersey, which should be moved south of the mason dixon line. And a couple of weird pockets of crazy hill people types.

Return to “Other Sports”