NFL Wild Card Weekend

soccer10k
Hall of Fame

Re: NFL Wild Card Weekend

Postby soccer10k » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:43 am

Finally watching the highlights of Cincy-Pitt.

How was the Bryant TD ruled a catch and why didn't Marvin Lewis challenge it? It appeared to me that he didn't have possession of the ball until after his right foot came off the ground and he only got the left foot in.
In Theo we trust.

ImageImage

PosterToBeNamedLater
Starter

Postby PosterToBeNamedLater » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:52 am

soccer10k wrote:Finally watching the highlights of Cincy-Pitt.

How was the Bryant TD ruled a catch and why didn't Marvin Lewis challenge it? It appeared to me that he didn't have possession of the ball until after his right foot came off the ground and he only got the left foot in.

Scoring play so it was automatically reviewed. I thought the same thing, though. My thought was "it is a shame this is going to get overturned, because that was amazing." I am glad they didn't overturn it.

Careless
Hall of Fame

Postby Careless » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:23 am

It looked like he had the ball stuck to his legs at all points. I have no idea how that should be ruled, but it was awesome.
We are doomed.

kujay
Superstar

Postby kujay » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:28 am

UMFan83 wrote:One of the weird things I have always wanted to see is a Wild Card team hosting a playoff game. I absolutely don't want the Packers to win but if they did there'd be 4 wild card teams playing and a chance, especially in the AFC

Obviously want KC to win but also Pitt which would put the AFC title game at Arrowhead. Holy hell that would be fun.
Just an average guy with exceptional hair. No more, no less.

PosterToBeNamedLater
Starter

Postby PosterToBeNamedLater » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:22 am

Careless wrote:

It looked like he had the ball stuck to his legs at all points. I have no idea how that should be ruled, but it was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbz0o0spEgk

It looks like from the side view (around 30 seconds in the vid) he might still be gaining control as his right foot is coming up. The replay from behind (final replay in vid) looks like he could have it pinned the whole time, but again the side view might be better. I am fine with the call, though.

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:58 pm

NFL owners approved the Rams' move to L.A. by a 30-2 vote. Rams moving.

The Chargers have a year to negotiate a deal to join them, after which the Raiders can move there instead, though indications right now are they will remain in Oakland.

Return to “Other Sports”