2016 MLB Draft Discussion

Discussion about the June amateur draft, college baseball, high school baseball, etc.
toonsterwu
All-Star

Re: 2016 MLB Draft Discussion

Postby toonsterwu » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Looking at BA's college list ...http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/160109/ I'm somewhat ambivalent about the college class right now.

On the one hand, that's an excellent college class of arms to start the year. Now, pitchers ... you never know (I think it was, uh, 2006? when there was an awful spring, draft-wise, for a ton of preseason arms.) Still, this college crop seems to have it all - power arms, command guys, ceiling, floor. It looks like a really superb class of arms, and as of now, there looks to be good depth of arms through the first 5 rounds or so. Could see the two Vandy arms (Stone/Kilichowski) make big moves up the ladder.

That said, it's arms, and the college positional players, as of now, seem really ... somewhat underwhelming to me right now. I like Senzel's swing - looks nice and compact, with the potential for pop. Dunno, just seems like a weak crop as of now.

That said, a long way to go, and a lot of changes are bound to happen.

TomtheBombadil
Starter

Postby TomtheBombadil » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Quantrill and Collins are the best college pitcher and bat for me. Thanks to the TJ, Quantrill might be there for Fowler's pick.

Tryptamine
All-Star

Postby Tryptamine » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:41 pm

Going to be hard to get motivated and learn all the names when the Cubs may even end picking until the second round.

Return to “Amateur Baseball”