Cubs.com article on the draft

Discussion about the June amateur draft, college baseball, high school baseball, etc.
nilodnayr
5-Time All-Star

Cubs.com article on the draft

Postby nilodnayr » Fri May 23, 2008 1:37 pm

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080523&content_id=2753251&vkey=draft2008&fext=.jsp

On their home page it just says "Cubs aim to add another athletic player". But when you follow the link a picture of Tyler Colvin pops up. I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I look forward to the middle rounds of Wilkins draft.
KING OF THE VWR

"I feel better now, I know I'm not going to die. That's too bad for my family. They thought they were going to be rich without doing anything.'' -Ozzie Guillen

sporrer17
All-Star

Re: Cubs.com article on the draft

Postby sporrer17 » Fri May 23, 2008 5:07 pm

I hope they do get a decent athlete who actually has some baseball skills as well.

I think Casey Kelly may be a good choice, because he's athletic and he's been around baseball all his life. Good combination.

TruffleShuffle
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby TruffleShuffle » Sat May 24, 2008 8:34 am

the cubs system sucks right now. this would be a really good time to dedicate a lot of money to the draft and either grab a guy who slips in the first round for signability reasons (porcello) or make a few wise (read: not rundle/huseby) over-slot investments in later rounds.

YearofDaCubs
5-Time All-Star

Postby YearofDaCubs » Sat May 24, 2008 8:54 am

TruffleShuffle wrote:the cubs system sucks right now. this would be a really good time to dedicate a lot of money to the draft and either grab a guy who slips in the first round for signability reasons (porcello) or make a few wise (read: not rundle/huseby) over-slot investments in later rounds.

Agreed. The Cubs should sign the best player available. Signability shouldn't be a concern when you consider how much the Cubs make. We need talent badly in the minors. Instead of getting better with Wilken it seems that we have gotten worse.

Return to “Amateur Baseball”