RASSLIN

davell
Superstar

Re: RASSLIN

Postby davell » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:21 pm

Good lord, Seth is out 6-9 months with an MCL injury. Tournament for the title at SS now.

I think I'm for Reigns beating Ambrose in the finals and turning corporate.
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:53 pm

davell wrote:Good lord, Seth is out 6-9 months with an MCL injury. Tournament for the title at SS now.

I think I'm for Reigns beating Ambrose in the finals and turning corporate.

Just brutal for Seth. I'm unfortunately resigned to Roman winning, but yeah if he does I hope he goes heel.

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Holy [expletive].

He's gonna become a top face as soon as he returns though, so he's not that bad off. Return pop should be amazing
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:07 am

Unfortunately I see this is a logical place for Sheamus to cash in and walk out of Survivor Series the champion
Do it for Kent.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:44 pm

AXS TV is showing New Japan Pro Wrestling and this match they're showing is ridiculous. The two guys have done about 12 finishers to each other each and they keep kicking out. There's no way it doesn't end with something stupid since they've surpassed all the obvious ways to win

EDIT 1: The ref just stopped counting after a 2 count because they forgot to kick out.

EDIT 2: The dude just won after doing 3 straight big splashes off the top rope (splash, climb up, splash 2, climb up, splash 3).

So over the top, so great

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:37 am

NonProfitCow
All-Star

Postby NonProfitCow » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:10 pm

Survivor Series... not good

Ugh

Cubswin11
Superstar

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:06 pm

Banedon wrote:https://youtu.be/xBtGFaa0idY

This is amazing, I went into a youtube rabbit hole watching his entrances for like 30 min.
Screw Pitchers

davell
Superstar

Postby davell » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:11 pm

NonProfitCow wrote:Survivor Series... not good

Ugh

Surely Sheamus isn't holding the title long. I was really hoping we'd see one of Reigns/Ambrose turn.
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:07 am

so many possibilities and directions to go with the championship being vacated, and we get sheamus.
Do it for Kent.

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:08 am

davell wrote:
NonProfitCow wrote:Survivor Series... not good

Ugh

Surely Sheamus isn't holding the title long. I was really hoping we'd see one of Reigns/Ambrose turn.

I think there's a 20% chance reigns regains the belt tonight, and this is their way of getting the Sheamus cash in out of the way quickly
Do it for Kent.

davell
Superstar

Postby davell » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:31 pm

I'm not sure I remember WWE being this bad. I'm guessing you'd head back prior to the Attitude Era. This isn't all that far off from WCW near the end.

What can be done?

I think the first thing I'd do is completely scrap the whole "everyone is .500" [expletive]. No one builds momentum that way. I'd go ahead and brand split again, especially with Smackdown heading to USA. Two world titles, 2 tag titles, 2 women's titles, I-C on one show, US on the other. There's enough talent to do this, especially when you've got NXT to pull from.

And to help with the truly pathetic ratings, I actually would finally turn Cena soon.

Its just [expletive] hard to watch. Anyone else got an idea on fixing it, or is it broke beyond repair?

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:49 pm

I think they could use some hotshotting of titles. I'm not saying you go back to Russo booking, but you have to make it so there are some sort of stakes at (at least) Raw, rather than just constant thrown together tag matches with the main angles alternating standing tall. The last time a title changed on TV was January 5th of this year. The last time a world title changed hands on TV was over 4 years ago. I get that TV is basically a glorified advertisement for the Network at this point, but if people don't care about TV, you're not going to draw anybody new to the network, in which case you rely on hitting on damn near every PPV just to maintain the subscriber base you currently have.

Turning Cena, I just don't know that it's the draw that most people think. I don't doubt that Cena would do some incredible heel work, but why is that going to pop ratings/subs? Hogan was a different story in a different era. I just don't think it works with Cena who's been hated by a segment of the crowd for so long now, a segment who would ironically start cheering once he goes heel. It kind of goes to what I've said before, the WWE is [expletive] with current audience demos because anyone who's a good heel gets cheered, and anyone who's liked by kids gets hate.)
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

davell
Superstar

Postby davell » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:22 pm

Damn, I meant to put changing titles more often in there. I would like to think Cena turning would bring people back out of curiosity. Yeah, he'd just flip flop fan bases, but surely it'd bring in some past viewers. And yeah, he'd be great. To me, the key would be doing the things that keep them, if they come back.

If turning him doesn't bring people back immediately, my guess is his work would eventually.

I doubt its possible, but I'd throw more money at Brock to get him out there more often. (10ish PPV's, 25ish RAW's) Heyman needs to be around in some capacity every week as far as I'm concerned. But I can see how him talking without Lesnar around is tedious at best.

But they need to pick some of these guys(or let the crowd) and be consistent with them. Stop with the tag team or 6 man matches combining multiple feuds. I wouldn't even let guys feuding even face off in actual matches until PPV's. Have them interfere in matches and all, backstage run ins, that type of stuff. But keep their matches special.

davell
Superstar

Postby davell » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:29 pm

And more title matches, in general. It seems that once Brock won it, they made the decision that ANY title match was special and I think that's backfired. Get more than 2 people in the picture. I wasn't even a huge fan of 3/4 way title matches, but I'd take them now.

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:42 pm

the WWE is [expletive] with current audience demos because anyone who's a good heel gets cheered, and anyone who's liked by kids gets hate.

This. You've got two wildly different demographics that make up their financial support, and then people wonder why they have a middle-of-the-road, disjointed product.

The hardcore adult fans remind me of conservatives, where their answer to every failure is to cater to them harder.

davell
Superstar

Postby davell » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:03 am

Its a solid analogy, but there has to be a way to improve things from where its at currently. Children aren't the issue, neither are adults, in my opinion. Its a PG product now and that's not changing due to advertising money.

This is just laziness though, changing a few things up could help a bunch. The ratings are so bad, a better effort could at least recapture some of them. Hell, they're so bad, I could see a better product increasing them by 50% at this point, maybe more. Just try [expletive] though. Standing pat is the worst solution there is.

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:42 am

I don't know what, if anything, will really spike ratings. My few thoughts, to make it better for me personally:

- Ditch the 3rd hour of RAW

- Let the wrestlers have more say in matches/promos. It's not a coincidence that Vince or whoever finally let New Day kind of do their own thing and they're the best part of each show.

- With all the entertainment and TV options, you're never going to get the huge numbers you used to get, the people who are watching now are people who like pro wrestling. Cater to them, and don't try to draw in so many casual viewers, because they are going extinct. People like what they like and aren't really channel surfing.

- Go all-in on Sasha Banks.
Do it for Kent.

Little Slide Rooter
Formerly West Side Rooter

Postby Little Slide Rooter » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
the WWE is [expletive] with current audience demos because anyone who's a good heel gets cheered, and anyone who's liked by kids gets hate.

This. You've got two wildly different demographics that make up their financial support, and then people wonder why they have a middle-of-the-road, disjointed product.

The hardcore adult fans remind me of conservatives, where their answer to every failure is to cater to them harder.

But when all's said and done, merchandising trumps cheers. It's why John Cena will never go heel, at least not in the near future. The adult fans can boo until they're blue in the face, but as long as the kids keep springing for T-shirts, posters, and dollies, he's still going to be the top face.

Little Slide Rooter

Postby Little Slide Rooter » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:34 pm

And somebody tell me that I'm not the only one who got a massive Hulk Hogan's Rock N' Wrestling vibe from the "League of Nations nonsense?" As if the WWE fan base will even understand the reference.

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:39 pm

Slide Castro Slide wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:

But when all's said and done, merchandising trumps cheers. It's why John Cena will never go heel, at least not in the near future. The adult fans can boo until they're blue in the face, but as long as the kids keep springing for T-shirts, posters, and dollies, he's still going to be the top face.

And that kills the product. The crowd is half the fun, and having the crowd constantly work against the merchandise/ratings-fueled bookings leaves everything feeling off.

Little Slide Rooter

Postby Little Slide Rooter » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:56 am

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
Slide Castro Slide wrote:
Hairyducked Idiot wrote:

And that kills the product. The crowd is half the fun, and having the crowd constantly work against the merchandise/ratings-fueled bookings leaves everything feeling off.

Like any sports or entertainment franchise, WWE likes money. Like a lot. Think of him as Vince's version of Jar Jar Binks.

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:05 pm

tonight's PPV was really, really solid. hope they don't [expletive] it all up on raw tomorrow night

Splendid Splinter
All-Star

Postby Splendid Splinter » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:13 pm

Why am I still watching this?

Return to “Social”