Search found 403 matches

by Old Style
Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:25 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: General Cubs Chit-Chat
Replies: 3171
Views: 146503

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Banedon wrote:Totally meaningless stat that I just looked up because of guy at work.

Cubs are 1-5 this season on the day after scoring 12 runs or more.

How very Fred of you.
by Old Style
Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:45 pm
Forum: Social
Topic: Music Thread 2.0
Replies: 1702
Views: 46553

Re: Music Thread 2.0

Sammy Sofa wrote:https://youtu.be/GazPZVPNmz8

The best part of this story was when the official PJ twitter account retweeted this video.
by Old Style
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:07 pm
Forum: Social
Topic: Music Thread 2.0
Replies: 1702
Views: 46553

Re: Music Thread 2.0

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:


I mean, it's the first line of the article/quote.


Yeah...ok. My point is that I'm unfamiliar with Mobb Deep or Prodigy. So just a guy to me.

Still...crummy way to go.

he went over easy

Image
by Old Style
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:49 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring
Replies: 72
Views: 1815

Re: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring

So, to sum up, this is a bad thing because you were somehow forced to waste time about how pissed off Steve Bartman getting a WS ring made you. Makes sense. And you do realize that them giving him the ring and him releasing a press statement in no way impacts his privacy, right? I mean, the guy had...
by Old Style
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:29 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring
Replies: 72
Views: 1815

Re: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring

So, to sum up, this is a bad thing because you were somehow forced to waste time about how pissed off Steve Bartman getting a WS ring made you. Makes sense. And you do realize that them giving him the ring and him releasing a press statement in no way impacts his privacy, right? I mean, the guy had...
by Old Style
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:54 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring
Replies: 72
Views: 1815

Re: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring

The only reason I am even wasting any time commenting on Steve Bartman is because the Cubs felt the need to make this public announcement. And it caused him to release a statement to the media in which he once again asked for privacy.
by Old Style
Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:24 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring
Replies: 72
Views: 1815

Re: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring

Because, again, contrary to the people in denial about it, there's plenty of people who think he is somehow at fault for what happened in 2003. This is simply a thoughtful gesture to someone who unfairly was stuck in a really, really crappy situation just because he was a Cubs fan and became infamo...
by Old Style
Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:40 pm
Forum: Social
Topic: The Travel Thread
Replies: 155
Views: 6228

Re: The Travel Thread

Any San Francisco recs? Food, drink, sightseeing, etc. I am a big music fan so any music related suggestions are especially appreciated.
by Old Style
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:06 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring
Replies: 72
Views: 1815

Re: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring

Maybe it's just because I'm stressed at work today or I'm cranky from a lack of sleep but this actually pisses me off. Like most Cubs fans, I stopped blaming him within days of losing Game 7 but this is just horsefeathering stupid. He doesn't deserve a WS ring. He didn't deserve to have his life ru...
by Old Style
Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:31 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring
Replies: 72
Views: 1815

Re: Cubs give Bartman WS Ring

Maybe it's just because I'm stressed at work today or I'm cranky from a lack of sleep but this actually pisses me off. Like most Cubs fans, I stopped blaming him within days of losing Game 7 but this is just horsefeathering stupid. He doesn't deserve a WS ring.
by Old Style
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:42 am
Forum: Transactions
Topic: Cubs Acquire Justin Wilson & Alex Avila for Candelario, Paredes & PTBNL/Cash
Replies: 228
Views: 6643

Re: Justin Wilson Cubs Rumors

If you told me a month ago that Theo was going to add Q, Wilson, and Avila.....I'd have been ecstatic. Oh, and without touching the ML team..... So yeah, I'm ecstatic. imagine if we hadn't needed to have (or had) happ turn into a significant part of the mlb roster... There's actually a part of me t...
by Old Style
Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:19 am
Forum: Transactions
Topic: Cubs Acquire Justin Wilson & Alex Avila for Candelario, Paredes & PTBNL/Cash
Replies: 228
Views: 6643

Re: Justin Wilson Cubs Rumors

Excellent news. Would love to see them add one more starter so we can dump Lackey but I don't expect that to happen.
by Old Style
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:56 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: The Starting Pitching Trade Candidates
Replies: 792
Views: 35015

Re: The Starting Pitching Trade Candidates

Darvish got shelled last night by the Marlins. 10 runs in 3.2 innings. Yikes.
by Old Style
Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:44 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: General Cubs Chit-Chat
Replies: 3171
Views: 146503

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

David wrote:
Old Style wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Somehow in just 102 PA Jorge Soler has accumulated neg-1.1 fWAR, the second-worst total in the league behind Cargo who has neg-1.6 in 3x as many PA.

It appears Theo may have committed trade rape against the Royals.

Gross. Don't do that.

Relax, it's a reference to The League.
by Old Style
Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:20 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: General Cubs Chit-Chat
Replies: 3171
Views: 146503

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Somehow in just 102 PA Jorge Soler has accumulated neg-1.1 fWAR, the second-worst total in the league behind Cargo who has neg-1.6 in 3x as many PA.

It appears Theo may have committed trade rape against the Royals.
by Old Style
Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:16 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: kyle schwarber's beard
Replies: 7
Views: 644

Re: kyle schwarber's beard

I dig it.
by Old Style
Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:22 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: The Starting Pitching Trade Candidates
Replies: 792
Views: 35015

Re: The Starting Pitching Trade Candidates

i'm not interested at all in any expensive rentals He might not be that expensive. But I know next to nothing about what the asking price would be from the Rangers why would a very good starting pitcher owed $4 million the next 2 months not be expensive? Theo >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jon Daniels
by Old Style
Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:11 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: The Starting Pitching Trade Candidates
Replies: 792
Views: 35015

Re: The Starting Pitching Trade Candidates

Cubs talking to the Rangers about Yu Darvish?
by Old Style
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:14 pm
Forum: Social
Topic: Music Thread 2.0
Replies: 1702
Views: 46553

Re: Music Thread 2.0

Not really a LP fan but this news is sad, especially considering he was close friends with Chris Cornell whose birthday is today.
by Old Style
Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:53 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: Random In-season Musings and Rumors
Replies: 323
Views: 16917

Re: Random In-season Musings and Rumors

JennieGarthAlgar wrote:
squally1313 wrote:Javy Baez, who is like our 9th most valuable player.


I disagree with this statement, unless you are including pitchers

Pitchers are players too.
by Old Style
Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:32 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: General Cubs Chit-Chat
Replies: 3171
Views: 146503

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Image
by Old Style
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:44 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: Cubs trade Eloy, Cease, others for Quintana
Replies: 273
Views: 9289

Re: Cubs trade Eloy, Cease, others for Quintana

CaliforniaRaisin wrote:
Tim wrote:I'm okay with trading away Eloy + Cease. But I more like Quintana than love him.


I know the Rays are still competitive but I wonder how much more expensive Archer would have been.

Image
by Old Style
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:37 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: Cubs trade Eloy, Cease, others for Quintana
Replies: 273
Views: 9289

Re: Cubs trade Eloy, Cease, others for Quintana

UMFan83 wrote:
Little Slide Rooter wrote:Does this solidify The White Sox as the top farm system and us among the worst?


The White Sox now have 9 prospects in the top 68, and 2 of the top 5, while the Cubs join the Royals as the only 2 teams without a top 100 guy.

What else do those two teams have in common? :-)

Go to advanced search