Search found 309 matches

by Backtobanks
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 am
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: RE: Re:

I didn’t say he was one of the best, but he is average and has had an above average season. Stow your argument away, it’s materially and objectively wrong. You said " he’s solidly average or above average defensively". Neither is true. The numbers say otherwise Tell that to Maddon when he...
by Backtobanks
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:50 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: RE: Re:

He’s not one of the best but he’s had several seasons to prove he’s solidly average or above average defensively. You should drop this point of argument because you’re losing it. He’s totally fine as an outfielder. Schwarber has worked hard to be an OF, has made good progress, and he has a very str...
by Backtobanks
Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:44 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: RE: Re:

Kyle Schwarber is one of the best LF in the game defensively and you don't know how to evaluate talent as well as you believe you do. If you think Schwarber is one of the best LF in the game defensively, then you REALLY don't know how to evaluate talent. He’s not one of the best but he’s had severa...
by Backtobanks
Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:19 am
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread

there was no reason to trade them then. especially russell. saying they "should" have traded them in hindsight is pointless, especially since there was probably more reason to trade baez then, which would have been a huge mistake. Russell had a #1 prospect attached to his name and would m...
by Backtobanks
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:24 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: RE: Re:

So basically we're at 'I don't like the stats' and then 'well I assume there was someone better that we should have traded for'. Which also conveniently ignores the point of...who are you trading to get these upgrades after you expertly identified that weak players that still held enough value to g...
by Backtobanks
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:01 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread

So basically we're at 'I don't like the stats' and then 'well I assume there was someone better that we should have traded for'. Which also conveniently ignores the point of...who are you trading to get these upgrades after you expertly identified that weak players that still held enough value to g...
by Backtobanks
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:50 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread

Schwarber & Russell should have been traded after the WS. there was no reason to trade them then. especially russell. saying they "should" have traded them in hindsight is pointless, especially since there was probably more reason to trade baez then, which would have been a huge mista...
by Backtobanks
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:42 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread

I used 2017 as my example to clearly show none of the internal options were ready that year besides Seal Boy. Or did you mean you wanted to trade Schwarber after 2017, which was a clear step back from 2015 and what he showed in the 2016 World Series? That's clearly not the selling high everyone was...
by Backtobanks
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:19 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread

Schwarber could have still been valuable to the Braves and also it's obvious since day one that Schwarber is a DH. Those two opinions, back to back, definitely don't contradict at all. The Braves were desperate enough for a slugger that they would play Schwarber in the OF, even though he should be ...
by Backtobanks
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread

My point about trading Schwarber (and Russell) back when they had trade value was based on the fact that they were both easily replaced while giving us solid ML pitching (or top pitching prospects). Schwarber always has been the epitome of a DH in a league that doesn't use a DH. Russell's obvious r...
by Backtobanks
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:18 am
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread

My point about trading Schwarber (and Russell) back when they had trade value was based on the fact that they were both easily replaced while giving us solid ML pitching (or top pitching prospects). Schwarber always has been the epitome of a DH in a league that doesn't use a DH. Russell's obvious r...
by Backtobanks
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:02 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread

My point about trading Schwarber (and Russell) back when they had trade value was based on the fact that they were both easily replaced while giving us solid ML pitching (or top pitching prospects). Schwarber always has been the epitome of a DH in a league that doesn't use a DH. Russell's obvious re...
by Backtobanks
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:32 am
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 532
Views: 57833

Re: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread

I'm not angry at him; I'm annoyed with the FO. For drafting him? Or for not trading him when his value was high? Or for not trading him not that his value is lowered? Or some other reason? For not trading him when people thought he was the second coming of Babe Ruth. I suggested trading both Russel...
by Backtobanks
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:53 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: General Cubs Chit-Chat
Replies: 5761
Views: 414249

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Forgotmyoldlogin wrote:
Regular Show wrote:
Lester and Zobrist are on the list why?

That's insane. Lester is probably the best free agent signing the Cubs have ever had.


Andre Dawson would disagree.
by Backtobanks
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:45 am
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: Cubs suck and we were always right to hate them (2019 negativity thread)
Replies: 70
Views: 2808

Re: Cubs suck and we were always right to hate them (2019 negativity thread)

itisallpartoftheplan wrote:9 years ago today Heyward started the process of suckering us into signing him.

Luckily he’s good at speeches.


Time for another speech. If his speech can turn this year around he will be worth his contract (almost :lol: ).
by Backtobanks
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:18 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: On what date does Maddon get fired? winner gets an up vote
Replies: 53
Views: 1880

Re: On what date does Maddon get fired? winner gets an up vote

jersey cubs fan wrote:Make Jed do the job.


Who's going to get Theo's coffee?
by Backtobanks
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:18 pm
Forum: General Baseball Discussion
Topic: "He's got a big mouth" - Big Mouthed Man
Replies: 4
Views: 540

Re: "He's got a big mouth" - Big Mouthed Man

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/Noahsyndergaard/status/1110282352196874240


I think the Cubs could use a guy with a big mouth.
by Backtobanks
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:08 pm
Forum: General Baseball Discussion
Topic: The Cardinals
Replies: 2585
Views: 211206

Re: The Cardinals

17 Seconds wrote:the cardinals have been a horsefeathers the last 2 years and somehow they like already caught back up to us


That's what happens when you take a rest in the middle of a race while the other runners keep running.
by Backtobanks
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:37 am
Forum: Transactions
Topic: Happ to AAA to Start Season
Replies: 39
Views: 1628

Re: Happ to AAA to Start Season

Gilby wrote: I also think Descalso factors into this in that he's not just a Seal Boy replacement; dude's actually gonna start quite a bit.


The FO has to prove why he was our big FA signing.
by Backtobanks
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:11 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: General Cubs Chit-Chat
Replies: 5761
Views: 414249

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

From MLBTR - Giants have released catcher Rene Rivera from his minor league contract, as reported by several members of the Giants beat (including NBC Sports Bay Area’s Alex Pavlovic). Do you think PTR can afford him on a minor league deal?
by Backtobanks
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:57 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: The Bryce is Right, Bitch
Replies: 3519
Views: 206716

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Cubfanintheknow wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1100840939960946689


Butbutbut.... I thought the Giants were going to take Jason Heyward so we could get Harper! :lol:


You do wonder about their FO when they might prefer Harper over Heyward.
by Backtobanks
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:29 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: General Cubs Chit-Chat
Replies: 5761
Views: 414249

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

CubinNY wrote:I hope Theo writes a book someday. I hope there is a chapter in the book about this off-season and the decision to stand pat. I really want to know why.


I think that chapter might have a few references to PTR.
by Backtobanks
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:07 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: 2019 Spring Training Thread
Replies: 295
Views: 15486

Re: 2019 Spring Training Thread

JennieGarthAlgar wrote:Probably just to say his goodbyes and to officially hand his locker over to Bryce


Actually probably just the opposite, he came back to use the locker that the Cubs were going to give to Harper before they realized he was serious about wanting a big contract.
by Backtobanks
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:38 pm
Forum: General Baseball Discussion
Topic: General Baseball Chit-Chat Thread
Replies: 4412
Views: 310999

Re: General Baseball Chit-Chat Thread

“I trust my ability and the talent that I have,” says Syndergaard. “So I feel like I’m going to bet (on) myself in free agency and not do what [Aaron Nola and Luis Severino] did.” Gj Noah Syndergaard, sucks he will never be a Cub because of this uppity attitude I have a feeling the Cubs trade for h...

Go to advanced search