Search found 812 matches

by Bull
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:07 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 533
Views: 57962

Re: RE: Re:

Tell that to Maddon when he takes him out late in the game for defensive reasons. While I don’t agree with your overall argument, this point kind of makes the discussion irrelevant and your argument functionally true. What? How? Joe Maddon making a decision doesn’t make it the right decision. And i...
by Bull
Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:06 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 533
Views: 57962

Re: RE: Re:

You said " he’s solidly average or above average defensively". Neither is true. The numbers say otherwise Tell that to Maddon when he takes him out late in the game for defensive reasons. While I don’t agree with your overall argument, this point kind of makes the discussion irrelevant an...
by Bull
Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:19 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread
Replies: 533
Views: 57962

Re: "Time makes fools of us all" - The Kyle Schwarber Thread

jersey cubs fan wrote:How is this ridiculous conversation still happening?

Because I would have traded arismendy alcantara for babe Ruth if only they had listened to me.
by Bull
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:01 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: 2019 is Jason Heyward fixed thread
Replies: 37
Views: 3068

Re: 2019 is Jason Heyward fixed thread

Old Style wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:So it's a warlock's curse then.

The damage Chili Davis wrought upon KB’s swing may be irreversible.

Chili Davis sounds like a name a warlock would choose if he was trying to blend in with society.
by Bull
Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:10 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: 2019 is Jason Heyward fixed thread
Replies: 37
Views: 3068

Re: 2019 is Jason Heyward fixed thread

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Bull wrote:"If we find out that the Ricketts' are all Nazis and Theo goes bald, I don't even care as long as the Cubs win a World Series in my lifetime"


Well....


LITERALLY ANY.

We all said it.
by Bull
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:49 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: 2019 is Jason Heyward fixed thread
Replies: 37
Views: 3068

Re: 2019 is Jason Heyward fixed thread

A time traveler from April 2016 sees Heyward’s stat line and shrugs. Then learns that the Cubs won the world series and declares that LITERALLY ANY sequence of events flowing to that moment and/or from it are worth it. "If we find out that the Ricketts' are all Nazis and Theo goes bald, I don'...
by Bull
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:23 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: Addison Russell
Replies: 1357
Views: 95951

Re: Addison Russell

The icing on this poop cake will be when Russell is lauded as having "saved the season" as the Cubs inevitably turn it around some time in the next 20 games.

"Cubs' record before Addison Russell return: 11-17 After: 41-26" or some such graphic around the all-star break.
by Bull
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:15 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: Cubs suck and we were always right to hate them (2019 negativity thread)
Replies: 70
Views: 2809

Re: Cubs suck and we were always right to hate them (2019 negativity thread)

One thread cannot be expected to contain the negativity this year.
by Bull
Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:29 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: Hendricks extended through 2023
Replies: 84
Views: 4458

Re: Hendricks extended through 2023

First, I almost forgot this thread is about the Hendrix extension. With that in mind, I would like to say this is not the time to extend Baez. Second, I feel like Javy is likely to injure himself with his 125% play at some point in the next few years, unless is actually freezing and unfreezing time....
by Bull
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:45 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: 2019 is Jason Heyward fixed thread
Replies: 37
Views: 3068

Re: 2019 is Jason Heyward fixed thread

I'm assuming this is misinformation, but can anyone illuminate Heyward's 2020 contract status?


spotrac.com wrote:If applicable Heyward can opt in after 2019 with 550 PA in that season.

by Bull
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:52 pm
Forum: General Baseball Discussion
Topic: The Cardinals
Replies: 2586
Views: 211382

Re: The Cardinals

Backtobanks wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:the cardinals have been a horsefeathers the last 2 years and somehow they like already caught back up to us


That's what happens when you take a rest in the middle of a race while the other runners keep running.


Yeah, but this race had a finish line in the middle.
by Bull
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:41 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: General Cubs Chit-Chat
Replies: 5761
Views: 414380

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

WIth a profile like Maples', I think the line between "effectively wild" and "control issues" is a fine one. Once he is "feared," I think major leaguers swing at those. But until he's proven that they could be strikes, there's no motivation to offer at them.
by Bull
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:21 pm
Forum: General Baseball Discussion
Topic: The Cardinals
Replies: 2586
Views: 211382

Re: The Cardinals

For the Cubs fans here who are cheering against the Cubs now, are you happy about this deal or upset by it? Paul Goldschmidt does not strike me as the type of player who loses all baseball talent in his early thirties. There are some players who baffle me. Guys who seemingly fall off a cliff in the...
by Bull
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:10 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: General Cubs Chit-Chat
Replies: 5761
Views: 414380

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

... quintana line will get you annoyingly close to your destination, but not actually at your destination Sounds like some flights I've been on. ? Because the plane crashed, or because you flew into Sanford instead of Orlando Int’l. Because I’ve done that and it was annoying. Especially since my re...
by Bull
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:14 pm
Forum: General Baseball Discussion
Topic: Rule Changes Are Coming
Replies: 105
Views: 3692

Re: Rule Changes Are Coming

the best part of baseball is baseball happening, the worst part of baseball is the waiting around for baseball to happen; this reduces that some The three batter minimum is the worst idea ever It really is, it fundamentally changes things. LOOGY’s will become extinct. willy-wonka-stop-dont.gif To b...
by Bull
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:55 am
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: Addison Russell
Replies: 1357
Views: 95951

Re: Addison Russell

Deeg wrote:
badger wrote:I think I hated Antonio alfonseca but I’m not 100% sure.



Did he give you the finger or something? Not like he would have missed it.

Nope. Badger is Indigo Montoya.
by Bull
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:52 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: The Bryce is Right, Bitch
Replies: 3519
Views: 206805

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

bcl412 wrote:
bcl412 wrote:Sports fans are averse to their team lacking (or failing to acquire) good players. How did we get brainwashed into this?
by Bull
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:58 pm
Forum: Cubs Discussions
Topic: Addison Russell
Replies: 1357
Views: 95951

Re: Addison Russell

Brian wrote:new theory: they are keeping Russell around to make Bryant feel better about his hair line

Think more personal. Its all about Theo's hairline.
by Bull
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:52 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: The Bryce is Right, Bitch
Replies: 3519
Views: 206805

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

I have been here since 2003 and somehow missed all this. The price you pay for avoiding the social forum like the plague. But now it’s ALL social Forum.

Can we get a baseball forum back?

Also, I’m still confused with all the name changes, some of which are several years old. (TBS is IMB! ?)
by Bull
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:33 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: The Bryce is Right, Bitch
Replies: 3519
Views: 206805

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

25.4 per year...or put another way Brandon Kintzler plus Cole Hamels plus .4 million Horsefeathers Theo just as much as Tom Now think about what Russell is making Chatwood + Duensing + Descalso + Russell + Kintzler = $25.9M. That's 5 guys that will have pretty negligible value this year and you cou...
by Bull
Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:29 am
Forum: Transactions
Topic: The Bryce is Right, Bitch
Replies: 3519
Views: 206805

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Derwood wrote:I don’t see why any team would help the Cubs get Harper by taking Heyward and Zobrist in a trade.

If it is the giants, it theoretically gets them two decent players at a discount, adds to their farm AND keeps Harper out of LA.

All theorectical though. Totally not happening.
by Bull
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: The Bryce is Right, Bitch
Replies: 3519
Views: 206805

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
Brian wrote:counterpoint: it was the best part of the offseason


Tangent: even if that’s true it still sucks


Corollary: it’s sucks because it’s true.

Extrapolation: everything sucks

Application: we should all buy needles. And heroin.
by Bull
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:17 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: The 2018-2019 Cubs Offseason Rumors & Discussion Thread AKA The Rickettssss take a dump on EVERYTHING
Replies: 1249
Views: 90367

Re: The 2018-2019 Cubs Offseason Rumors & Discussion Thread AKA The Rickettssss take a dump on EVERYTHING

Yeah, the Cubs are fine as long as everything goes right, but the odds of everything going right over a long season aren't great. Since they didn't spend the money or make any trades (yet), we have to hope the semi-injured bounce back, the old-timers stay "young" for another year, and eve...
by Bull
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:09 pm
Forum: Transactions
Topic: The Bryce is Right, Bitch
Replies: 3519
Views: 206805

Re: The Bryce is Right, Bitch

When Harper signs for 7/$240M, where can I get injectable forehead heroin at a friendly discount? So ive never done heroin but #1 im pretty sure all heroin is injectable #2 "forehead heroin" doesnt exist any more than arm heroin does #3 I dunno, maybe ask a friend who is a drug dealer if ...
by Bull
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:39 pm
Forum: General Baseball Discussion
Topic: General Baseball Chit-Chat Thread
Replies: 4413
Views: 311187

Re: General Baseball Chit-Chat Thread

jersey cubs fan wrote:
WrigleyField 22 wrote:So you do think the players should limit certain demands?


No, I'm saying its' a stupid ask.

And therefore easy to concede.

Go to advanced search