random rants

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77125
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9483
x 12619

Re: random rants

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:25 pm

CubinNY wrote:I forgot the best part, they call the policy "Housekeeping and workplace Hygiene."


Given how many gross and stinky people I've had to work around over the years (let's face it: even one is too damn many) who could have DESPERATELY used something along these lines, I'm gonna need some details to damn this one for me.
0 x

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 2843
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 642
x 1025

Re: random rants

Postby Brian707 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:32 pm

I hate driving home from work this time of year when it gets dark before 5. I drive an hour home and each time I see at least a half dozen dipshits that fail to put their lights on when its basically pitch black out.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66239
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 4949
x 4960

Re: random rants

Postby Banedon » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Brian707 wrote:I hate driving home from work this time of year when it gets dark before 5. I drive an hour home and each time I see at least a half dozen dipshits that fail to put their lights on when its basically pitch black out.


Yep. Plus the last couple of days it's been super foggy and dumbasses are driving around with their brights on in the horsefeathering fog. Idiots.
0 x
Image

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10481
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 13
x 203

Re: random rants

Postby biittner77 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:04 pm

The other day I accidentally cut off some random guy. I was turning right on a green turn arrow, he was running a yellow and I pulled out in front of him. He then proceeded to follow me into the parking lot where he screamed obscenities from his truck. He called me a [expletive] and dropped a bunch of the other F word. I was wrong to cut that guy off and felt bad at first but now I wish I could go back in time and cut him off on purpose because horsefeathers that guy, like he never accidentally cut anyone off before.
2 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 9080
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Chicago
x 1371
x 564

Re: random rants

Postby javy knows my name » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:27 pm

biittner77 wrote:The other day I accidentally cut off some random guy. I was turning right on a green turn arrow, he was running a yellow and I pulled out in front of him. He then proceeded to follow me into the parking lot where he screamed obscenities from his truck. He called me a [expletive] and dropped a bunch of the other F word. I was wrong to cut that guy off and felt bad at first but now I wish I could go back in time and cut him off on purpose because horsefeathers that guy, like he never accidentally cut anyone off before.


You had the ROW though
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58577
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2330
x 7774

Re: random rants

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:55 pm

biittner77 wrote:The other day I accidentally cut off some random guy. I was turning right on a green turn arrow, he was running a yellow and I pulled out in front of him. He then proceeded to follow me into the parking lot where he screamed obscenities from his truck. He called me a [expletive] and dropped a bunch of the other F word. I was wrong to cut that guy off and felt bad at first but now I wish I could go back in time and cut him off on purpose because horsefeathers that guy, like he never accidentally cut anyone off before.

If you had a green arrow you didn't cut him off. What kind of convoluted system has green right turn arrows running concurrently with cross streets on yellow?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 9080
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Chicago
x 1371
x 564

Re: random rants

Postby javy knows my name » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:56 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
biittner77 wrote:The other day I accidentally cut off some random guy. I was turning right on a green turn arrow, he was running a yellow and I pulled out in front of him. He then proceeded to follow me into the parking lot where he screamed obscenities from his truck. He called me a [expletive] and dropped a bunch of the other F word. I was wrong to cut that guy off and felt bad at first but now I wish I could go back in time and cut him off on purpose because horsefeathers that guy, like he never accidentally cut anyone off before.

If you had a green arrow you didn't cut him off. What kind of convoluted system has green right turn arrows running concurrently with cross streets on yellow?


Yeah that horsefeathers was running a red
1 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 2843
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 642
x 1025

Re: random rants

Postby Brian707 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:04 pm

javy knows my name wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
biittner77 wrote:The other day I accidentally cut off some random guy. I was turning right on a green turn arrow, he was running a yellow and I pulled out in front of him. He then proceeded to follow me into the parking lot where he screamed obscenities from his truck. He called me a [expletive] and dropped a bunch of the other F word. I was wrong to cut that guy off and felt bad at first but now I wish I could go back in time and cut him off on purpose because horsefeathers that guy, like he never accidentally cut anyone off before.

If you had a green arrow you didn't cut him off. What kind of convoluted system has green right turn arrows running concurrently with cross streets on yellow?


Yeah that horsefeathers was running a red



I got into an altercation awhile back with some idiotic high school kid. I was turning right on a solid green light, he was coming from opposite direction to turn left with no green left turn arrow obviously. He proceeded to turn as I turned and we almost collided. He was screaming at me, I just told him " people turning left always have to yield to people turning right when there is no arrow, its one of the first things you learn in drivers ed" He let out about 10 f bombs and sped off after the next intersection.
0 x

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10481
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 13
x 203

Re: random rants

Postby biittner77 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:07 pm

javy knows my name wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
biittner77 wrote:The other day I accidentally cut off some random guy. I was turning right on a green turn arrow, he was running a yellow and I pulled out in front of him. He then proceeded to follow me into the parking lot where he screamed obscenities from his truck. He called me a [expletive] and dropped a bunch of the other F word. I was wrong to cut that guy off and felt bad at first but now I wish I could go back in time and cut him off on purpose because horsefeathers that guy, like he never accidentally cut anyone off before.

If you had a green arrow you didn't cut him off. What kind of convoluted system has green right turn arrows running concurrently with cross streets on yellow?


Yeah that horsefeathers was running a red


Was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but yeah, he must have been.

In this day and age, no one who uses gay slurs against someone deserves the benefit of anything.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

woodchip2153
All-Star
Posts: 2171
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 1:40 am
Location: Madison
x 518
x 110

Re: random rants

Postby woodchip2153 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Brian707 wrote:
javy knows my name wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:If you had a green arrow you didn't cut him off. What kind of convoluted system has green right turn arrows running concurrently with cross streets on yellow?


Yeah that horsefeathers was running a red



I got into an altercation awhile back with some idiotic high school kid. I was turning right on a solid green light, he was coming from opposite direction to turn left with no green left turn arrow obviously. He proceeded to turn as I turned and we almost collided. He was screaming at me, I just told him " people turning left always have to yield to people turning right when there is no arrow, its one of the first things you learn in drivers ed" He let out about 10 f bombs and sped off after the next intersection.


This took me awhile to adjust to when I lived in STL, but the drivers there believed the car making the left turn had the right of way. So dumb
0 x

User avatar
Omar
Superstar
Posts: 19517
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:10 am
x 425
x 933

Re: random rants

Postby Omar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:35 pm

17-year-old kid t-boned me at an intersection last week, I've only had the Civic for 2 years, the entire front and back passenger side doors are totaled.

Dealing with insurance and having to wait until Feb 5 to get it repaired is a pain in the ass. I actually don't mind the crash as much.
0 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8844
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 5486
x 1095

Re: random rants

Postby weis21 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Brian707 wrote:I hate driving home from work this time of year when it gets dark before 5. I drive an hour home and each time I see at least a half dozen dipshits that fail to put their lights on when its basically pitch black out.

this has always amazed me. Like, dashboards don't light up unless you have your lights on, right? At least every vehicle I've ever owned it's been that way.

Are they just driving around in darkness with no idea what speed they are doing? What kind of monsters are these people?
0 x

User avatar
rocket
Superstar
Posts: 18383
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:48 am
Location: Dayton, Ohio
x 431
x 311
Contact:

Re: random rants

Postby rocket » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:36 pm

me, my wife, and my 9 month old son all got the flu shot this season. now, all 3 of us are simultaneously laid out with the flu.

i'm about to research some anti-vaxx literature, this is some [expletive]
0 x

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8844
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 5486
x 1095

Re: random rants

Postby weis21 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:06 pm

rocket wrote:me, my wife, and my 9 month old son all got the flu shot this season. now, all 3 of us are simultaneously laid out with the flu.

i'm about to research some anti-vaxx literature, this is some [expletive]

No research but I was told (so obviously it's true) that it may have only been 20 percent effective this year. They missed the mark with the strand or something like that. I don't know, just heard it's quite a bit less effective this year.

Plus I've heard there are lots of different varieties of the flu this year or more than usual.

My 2 and a half year old son was diagnosed with the flu, strep and an ear infection. And other than being fussy when he had a fever (quickly knocked out with Motrin) he was totally fine. Of course he could just be a badass, though.
0 x

User avatar
rocket
Superstar
Posts: 18383
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:48 am
Location: Dayton, Ohio
x 431
x 311
Contact:

Re: random rants

Postby rocket » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:28 pm

weis21 wrote:
rocket wrote:me, my wife, and my 9 month old son all got the flu shot this season. now, all 3 of us are simultaneously laid out with the flu.

i'm about to research some anti-vaxx literature, this is some [expletive]

No research but I was told (so obviously it's true) that it may have only been 20 percent effective this year. They missed the mark with the strand or something like that. I don't know, just heard it's quite a bit less effective this year.

Plus I've heard there are lots of different varieties of the flu this year or more than usual.

My 2 and a half year old son was diagnosed with the flu, strep and an ear infection. And other than being fussy when he had a fever (quickly knocked out with Motrin) he was totally fine. Of course he could just be a badass, though.


I heard it hasn't been effective too. The doc also told me that having the shot will make the symptoms less severe.
0 x

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31646
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 555

Re: random rants

Postby Andy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:21 pm

The flu shot isn't crazy effective even in its best years, I don't think. I haven't gotten one in going on 20 years now and I've only had flu-like symptoms once.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66239
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 4949
x 4960

Re: random rants

Postby Banedon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:40 pm

Yeah I'm no anti-vaxxer or anything...I'm just lazy and haven't ever gotten a flu shot. Can't remember the last time I had the flu. Only time that either my wife or son have gotten them are when they've gone to the doc for another reason and they offered...but it's never been something that we've specifically sought out.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Liam Neeson
All-Star
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 11:21 pm
x 235
x 791

Re: random rants

Postby Liam Neeson » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:49 pm

Andy wrote:The flu shot isn't crazy effective even in its best years, I don't think. I haven't gotten one in going on 20 years now and I've only had flu-like symptoms once.


When the pharmacist was giving me my flu shot a few months ago he mentioned that they aim for around 65% effectiveness and that last year was around %40.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77125
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9483
x 12619

Re: random rants

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Yeah, 60% is basically the ideal realistic effectiveness; this year was closer to 10%. They have to essentially predict ahead of times which types of the flu are most likely to hit and create a cocktail to help combat it, and this flu season they chose...poorly. Still much better to get one than to not since it can still help mitigate the symptoms/severity of the flu, plus it only takes getting it full force once for it annihilate you.
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 33854
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 757
x 5327

Re: random rants

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:59 pm

the only time I ever got a flu shot I got paid $180 to do it. somehow I got asked to be in a study at the university. 1 shot and 2 blood draws was all it took
0 x
Image

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8844
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 5486
x 1095

Re: random rants

Postby weis21 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:the only time I ever got a flu shot I got paid $180 to do it. somehow I got asked to be in a study at the university. 1 shot and 2 blood draws was all it took

you sure you're not confusing it with a time when you were donating plasma?
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 33854
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 757
x 5327

Re: random rants

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:13 pm

weis21 wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:the only time I ever got a flu shot I got paid $180 to do it. somehow I got asked to be in a study at the university. 1 shot and 2 blood draws was all it took

you sure you're not confusing it with a time when you were donating plasma?

yes because I am not a moron
1 x
Image

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8844
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 5486
x 1095

Re: random rants

Postby weis21 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:
weis21 wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:the only time I ever got a flu shot I got paid $180 to do it. somehow I got asked to be in a study at the university. 1 shot and 2 blood draws was all it took

you sure you're not confusing it with a time when you were donating plasma?

yes because I am not a moron

I used to go by one of the plasma places on my way to work about 7:30 or so in the morning and every day there was a line outside the door waiting for them to open. it was crazy to me.
0 x

sweetpeteman
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7994
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:13 pm
Location: The River
x 7
x 115

Re: random rants

Postby sweetpeteman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:24 pm

It's frick'n beautiful outside right now...and I'm sick.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77125
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9483
x 12619

Re: random rants

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:19 pm

Have you ever opened a package that was delivered to your home by mistake?

Twice now I've had packages meant for me put into the wrong package mailbox in my building, and both times whoever got the key took the packages and clearly opened them before returning them either to the the mail area or leaving it outside my door. What are the odds these weirdos just blindly tore open these packages without looking at the labels to see where it came from? This latest one was a poster tube, too. Look at the damn labels, people.
0 x


Return to “Rants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests