Work Jerks

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Re: Work Jerks

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:26 pm

I just remembered the girl I worked with that dated my best friend that got cancer after he dumped her. then she went to wisconsin for a weekend to see her uncle, a doctor that specializes in the super rare cancer she had. she was cured and didn't have to lose her hair "like other cancer people".

also she used to tell him she couldn't get pregnant and it made her sad. she has since had a child with someone else.
2 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:42 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Brian wrote:- would get giant ink stains all over his pants (from pens)

very helpful clarification, but at the same time, disappointing lack of vowel(s)

My brain adjusted it for me
1 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 am

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I just remembered the girl I worked with that dated my best friend that got cancer after he dumped her. then she went to wisconsin for a weekend to see her uncle, a doctor that specializes in the super rare cancer she had. she was cured and didn't have to lose her hair "like other cancer people".

8 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:47 pm

Derwood wrote:This thread makes me feel extremely lucky that the only thing I have to worry about is an office that gets too hot to work in with the door shut and the resulting noise/interruptions of working with the door open

This reminds me of one of my former colleagues, a ridiculous person who tried to claim that a degree from Salisbury University was more prestigious than one from Columbia since Salisbury's class requirement was more "rigorous". She got some cushy board of ed job in another county but wasn't too busy to send us an email to say "I'm sitting here in my office, looking out my window and thinking about how I miss my friends."

Last time any of my friends actually heard from her.
1 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

PosterToBeNamedLater
Starter

Postby PosterToBeNamedLater » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:26 pm

biittner77 wrote: This reminds me of one of my former colleagues, a ridiculous person who tried to claim that a degree from Salisbury University was more prestigious than one from Columbia

Well, Salisbury is the Harvard of the West.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:38 pm

PosterToBeNamedLater wrote:
biittner77 wrote: This reminds me of one of my former colleagues, a ridiculous person who tried to claim that a degree from Salisbury University was more prestigious than one from Columbia

This reminds me when I worked in a restaurant and the Salisbury steak was just three kids burgers formed into an oval.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:55 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
PosterToBeNamedLater wrote:

This reminds me when I worked in a restaurant and the Salisbury steak was just three kids burgers formed into an oval.

True story, I once overheard a conversation while waiting for a flight into Salisbury where 2 guys were discussing where to go for good Salisbury steak.

At the golf course, I reheated left over burgers in brown gravy (sadly, I knew not of thick onion gravy) and called it salisbury steak. The old guys loved it.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

Forgotmyoldlogin
Role Player

Postby Forgotmyoldlogin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:59 am

At my office we have our own desks but since I work nights and my desk is in a pretty prime location (not a lot of people walking by, good window view) one of the day shift workers will usually take my desk until I get there. I don't really mind this except that some of the people I work with are such slobs. There's almost always food crumbs or dirty dishes from the break room sitting on my desk when I come in. It's super annoying. Then one time I was coming in early for some OT and I left a note on my monitor the night before and someone decided to sit in my seat anyways.

I'm also really good about managing my time and getting all of my work done, and it's cool because my boss doesn't care if we stream games or movies or whatever as long as our work gets done. But other people will sit there doing NOTHING all night, then right before closing time they'll realize how far behind they are and they'll ask me to help them out. I usually do because I'm not a dick, but one time I said no and for that I got labeled as "not a team player."
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:32 pm

I swear, the nail clippers in the office are multiplying. Since complaining about the first guy, I am pretty sure there are 4-5 people now doing it in total. It's like that one maniac unleashed a fresh hell of other maniacs thinking this is acceptable.
1 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:56 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I swear, the nail clippers in the office are multiplying. Since complaining about the first guy, I am pretty sure there are 4-5 people now doing it in total. It's like that one maniac unleashed a fresh hell of other maniacs thinking this is acceptable.

This sounds sociopathic. Who the hell would think, "I'm gonna start doing this nail clipping thing at the office! Max efficiency!"

0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 pm

Maybe they're over-viatmined or something. If I had to guess, I'd say I cut my fingernails about every 10 days or so...maybe once a week at the most. Some of these people are doing a full on, 10-finger cut twice in the work week.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:18 pm

The best time to cut your nails is right after you shower. At the office?

These are the same monsters who shave in the car on the way to work.
0 x

Return to “Rants”