Yahoo fantasy login

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Yahoo fantasy login

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:38 am

this is hella first world problem but whatever here goes

at some point yahoo made me tie the browser login process to my phone. what this means is that whenever i've been logged in for too long (a few weeks maybe) and I go to check my fantasy team on my laptop, it will direct me to re-sign in.

To do that, you have say "yeah sign me in" on the web browser and you eventually get a pop up on your phone where you hit a button that says "yes I want to sign in"

so instead of just horsefeathering signing in on my browser like a normal person, it directs me to my phone (something totally separate from the actual fantasy app), but when i get the notification to let my browser sign me in, it doesnt work, and instead my phone says "please sign in here." So now I have to sign in on my phone. But when I did that, it said "did not verify," please try again. Not wanting to horsefeathers with it anymore, I tell the browser to just text me a login code.

10 seconds later I get a text with a code. Now i go to a separate part of the yahoo site to input the code. After that's done it takes me to another page where it has my preferences. finally after navigating away from that page I'm done with the whole thing EXCEPT WAIT THERE'S MORE, i get a warning message from yahoo saying that someone logged into my account.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Re: Yahoo fantasy login

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:54 am

yahoo just needs to finally go away for good. they're pretty worthless at everything
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:55 am

they're the TBS baseball broadcast of internet sites
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:55 am

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:yahoo just needs to finally go away for good. they're pretty worthless at everything

I still use yahoo as my primary email address, but only through teh Mail app on my phone/Mac. I haven't been to the actual yahoo page for months
0 x

Stop Laughing
bench player

Postby Stop Laughing » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:19 am

The account my fantasy team has was linked to my mom's old yahoo account and shows her name instead of mine, she passed away a year and a half ago. The page to change the account settings no longer exists, instant 404. I can't even hide it and go with no name.
0 x
treebird wrote:won

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Derwood wrote:I still use yahoo as my primary email address

It's like you're baiting us to "oh, Derwood" you....
0 x

MarkR
Starter

Postby MarkR » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:58 pm

Derwood wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:yahoo just needs to finally go away for good. they're pretty worthless at everything

I still use yahoo as my primary email address

I found a "free trial" disk for this upstart brand, American Online if you're interested.
3 x

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:18 pm

Agree... But it's hard to cut the string on a nearly 20 year old account that's linked to banks, Amazon, eBay, etc etc... I just use it for existing accounts that I haven't extricated yet and whenever I need to give an email for something that will most likely result in me getting spam.
0 x

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:20 pm

MarkR wrote:
Derwood wrote:

I still use yahoo as my primary email address

I found a "free trial" disk for this upstart brand, American Online if you're interested.

Is it the one that comes with 15 free hours of access instead of 10?
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:25 pm

Derwood wrote:

I still use yahoo as my primary email address, but only through teh Mail app on my phone/Mac.

Your PRIMARY email address? Jesus, you might as well just use a broken sieve.

I haven't been to the actual yahoo page for months

Oh, OK, months, which still means at some point in 2016 you went to yahoo.com.
0 x

SouthSideRyan
is ELL

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:05 pm

You can change your settings to stop the phone log in.
1 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:04 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Derwood wrote:

I still use yahoo as my primary email address, but only through teh Mail app on my phone/Mac.

Your PRIMARY email address? Jesus, you might as well just use a broken sieve.

I haven't been to the actual yahoo page for months

Oh, OK, months, which still means at some point in 2016 you went to yahoo.com.

To change my password

People send me email and I get them. I send emails and the recipients get them. What else do I need it to do? I am not integrated into google ecosystem at all and don't really have any need to be. Switching to gmail adds nothing of value but causes a lot of headaches
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:40 pm

It's a security and syncing mess and hopelessly always behind the curve along these lines. Switching to a different email service takes, like, 10 seconds, and I can't wait to hear what you think the "headaches" are in doing so.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:56 pm

How is it a syncing mess? I have zero issues
0 x

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:It's a security and syncing mess and hopelessly always behind the curve along these lines. Switching to a different email service takes, like, 10 seconds, and I can't wait to hear what you think the "headaches" are in doing so.

It's a lot more than that to change bank accounts, utilities, Amazon/Netflix/eBay/other internet services over from one email account to another. Some sites and services are easier than others to change your email address, but many require customer service intervention as their websites anchor the account to the email address instead of a user name.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:56 pm

Derwood wrote:How is it a syncing mess? I have zero issues

Congratulations; you'd think given where we're posting you'd grasp the concept of sample size. Yahoo accounts not syncing well (or at all) with e-mail apps/clients, especially on Android devices, is practically a cliche at this point.
Last edited by Sammy Sofa on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:02 pm

jehr wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:It's a security and syncing mess and hopelessly always behind the curve along these lines. Switching to a different email service takes, like, 10 seconds, and I can't wait to hear what you think the "headaches" are in doing so.

It's a lot more than that to change bank accounts, utilities, Amazon/Netflix/eBay/other internet services over from one email account to another. Some sites and services are easier than others to change your email address, but many require customer service intervention as their websites anchor the account to the email address instead of a user name.

Anyone using something as horsefeathers as a Yahoo account for things as important as bank accounts and utilities are kind of hopeless to begin with. And I seriously doubt it's going to take more than, what, half an hour to sit down and update your address on everything important. Look at it this way: anyone with a shred of common sense should be routinely updating their cred/debit card card that's being stored when they get new cards; let's not pretend that updating an email address is anymore complicated. It's a minor inconvenient at best, and given how important online security is these days, hinging that kind of stuff on a clunky, outdated Yahoo seems like nothing more than laziness. Hell, just for how crappy their two-step security ability is alone...
0 x

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:47 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jehr wrote:

Anyone using something as horsefeathers as a Yahoo account for things as important as bank accounts and utilities are kind of hopeless to begin with. And I seriously doubt it's going to take more than, what, half an hour to sit down and update your address on everything important. Look at it this way: anyone with a shred of common sense should be routinely updating their cred/debit card card that's being stored when they get new cards; let's not pretend that updating an email address is anymore complicated. It's a minor inconvenient at best, and given how important online security is these days, hinging that kind of stuff on a clunky, outdated Yahoo seems like nothing more than laziness. Hell, just for how crappy their two-step security ability is alone...

Is there any point in insulting anyone fit using yahoo other than to prove your own intellectual elitism? It's about a 20 year old account, and most of what the other accounts I have associated with it are pushing 12 to 15 years old. I'm sorry if me thinking Yahoo was decent in the late 90s offends your unreasonable sensibilities (must be a hell of a story as to why you're so emotionally invested in others use of yahoo). And you're way of base on how long it will take. I moved one credit card from it a few years ago and it took an hour and a half, most of that on hold, to get it done. Depends on the back or service. Hence why I haven't bothered with the rest yet.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:09 pm

jehr, have you met Sammy Sofa? This is his thing
1 x

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:16 pm

Derwood wrote:jehr, have you met Sammy Sofa? This is his thing

Apparently I missed some things in the 6 years or whatever I was away from the forum.
Last edited by jehr on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:16 pm

Blah-blah-blah; it takes barely any time to change for significant improvement. Might as well be using an AOL address.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:32 pm

jehr wrote:

You can set up yahoo to forward email easy enough, as you take the time to make changes of to a new address. Yahoo is an awful mess of an email service.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:57 pm

But again, I'm not using the Yahoo Mail page or any of the web-based stuff. It's just pulling to my phone via Apple Mail (which doesn't treat Yahoo or Gmail any different, as I have both)
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:18 am

There are better options out that require minimal effort to upgrade. The end.
0 x

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:21 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:There are better options out that require minimal effort to upgrade. The end.

You're completely ridiculous. And you made me agree with Derwood. You suck and you're wrong. :hello:
0 x
I like beer.

Return to “Rants”