Yahoo fantasy login

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: Yahoo fantasy login

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:32 am

Nah.

Hilariously, this probably means you turds rarely, if ever, change any of your passwords, too, since that's a similarly monumental effort to do.
0 x

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:43 am

Banedon wrote:
jehr wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:It's a security and syncing mess and hopelessly always behind the curve along these lines. Switching to a different email service takes, like, 10 seconds, and I can't wait to hear what you think the "headaches" are in doing so.

It's a lot more than that to change bank accounts, utilities, Amazon/Netflix/eBay/other internet services over from one email account to another. Some sites and services are easier than others to change your email address, but many require customer service intervention as their websites anchor the account to the email address instead of a user name.

You can set up yahoo to forward email easy enough, as you take the time to make changes of to a new address. Yahoo is an awful mess of an email service.
Agreed.... I've been using another email for a few years for newer accounts. Seeing up a new one is easy, it's following through with decommissioning an old one that takes more. It's just a matter of devoting a day to change a good number of linked accounts that remain. It's on the to-do list. Sammy botching about it not being done because it'll only take a minute remind me of my ex wife complaining about taking awhile to paint the house with rain in the forecast, because it should only "take an afternoon."
0 x

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:44 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:Nah.

Hilariously, this probably means you turds rarely, if ever, change any of your passwords, too, since that's a similarly monumental effort to do.

And you'd be absolutely wrong if you made that bet.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:49 am

if nothing else, I think I'd be embarrassed to tell someone new my email address if I had to say "@yahoo.com"
1 x

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:47 am

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:if nothing else, I think I'd be embarrassed to tell someone new my email address if I had to say "@yahoo.com"

Don't know about the OP, but I haven't in years. Haven't used it for anything new in a few years.

This thread got me thinking about to the early days of the internet, before yahoo was even a hot thing. Anyone remember excite? I didn't realize that site was still around, but it's still there. Looks about the same as I recall it looking in the late 90s. I figured that would have died by now.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:if nothing else, I think I'd be embarrassed to tell someone new my email address if I had to say "@yahoo.com"

I'd say aol or hotmail is worse
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:21 pm

jehr wrote:

So just change your email when you change your passwords.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:24 pm

jehr wrote:

Don't know about the OP, but I haven't in years. Haven't used it for anything new in a few years.

This thread got me thinking about to the early days of the internet, before yahoo was even a hot thing. Anyone remember excite? I didn't realize that site was still around, but it's still there. Looks about the same as I recall it looking in the late 90s. I figured that would have died by now.

Things like Lycos, Webcrawler and Dogpile are all still around, which just seems so odd. Unfortunately for the people of Pawnee, Yahoo killed AltaVista a few years ago.

Hell, last year it was reported that over 2 million people still have active AOL subscriptions.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:40 pm

I'm clearly not an Apple guy....but do they not do email service? I mean, I love how Google Now interacts with the Gmail Inbox. I'm surprised that Derwood being an Apple fanboy/spokesman wouldn't have a similar setup on his menagerie of Apple products.
0 x

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:05 pm

Banedon wrote:I'm clearly not an Apple guy....but do they not do email service? I mean, I love how Google Now interacts with the Gmail Inbox. I'm surprised that Derwood being an Apple fanboy/spokesman wouldn't have a similar setup on his menagerie of Apple products.

Pretty much whatever email service you use integrates seamlessly with the email "app" on the Apple devices so it's not really necessary.
0 x
I like beer.

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:32 pm

Banedon wrote:I'm clearly not an Apple guy....but do they not do email service? I mean, I love how Google Now interacts with the Gmail Inbox. I'm surprised that Derwood being an Apple fanboy/spokesman wouldn't have a similar setup on his menagerie of Apple products.

icloud
0 x

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:40 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
jehr wrote:

So just change your email when you change your passwords.
Like I said earlier...You can't always just change your email account online with some banks or other services, if the account/log-in is defined by your email account instead of a user name. Depends on the bank/service provider/utility/whatever. Have ran into this a couple of times where you have to take time and call customer service. Not all websites are built the same. I've moved those that are easy a long time ago, haven't gotten to those that I have to pick up the phone yet, which is like three or four more.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Well, yeah, that's your user login/user ID/login ID; that typically can still be your login regardless of whether or not you actually still use that login email address as the address they use to communicate with you; most institutions with cybersecurity worth a damn moved away from requiring the login and the email address on file to be the same a long time ago. I can't even count the number of sites, financial ones included, where my login is a Hotmail or Outlook account I haven't used in years and probably don't even actually exist anymore. I'm talking about changing the email in your communication/verification preferences; that way that is with something more secure/reliable, you still get the necessary communication and there's no reason to actually stick with something as silly as a Yahoo address.

Personally, I would have thought Yahoo's ridiculous data breach would have been the breaking point for most people still using them.
0 x

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:56 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Well, yeah, that's your user login/user ID/login ID; that typically can still be your login regardless of whether or not you actually still use that login email address as the address they use to communicate with you; most institutions with cybersecurity worth a damn moved away from requiring the login and the email address on file to be the same a long time ago. I can't even count the number of sites, financial ones included, where my login is a Hotmail or Outlook account I haven't used in years and probably don't even actually exist anymore. I'm talking about changing the email in your communication/verification preferences; that way that is with something more secure/reliable, you still get the necessary communication and there's no reason to actually stick with something as silly as a Yahoo address.

Personally, I would have thought Yahoo's ridiculous data breach would have been the breaking point for most people still using them.

I know what you're talking about. Not all sites will let you change your email through their website. I will gladly repost this statement again if you like.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:08 pm

I honestly doubt you have more than a couple weird outlier sites that won't let you change your email address similar to changing your PW since it's such an outdated and impractical security measure in this day and age (if a site is going to add an extra step it's typically going to be just entering the confirmation code they email or text to you to verify you're you).
0 x

Return to “Rants”