Festivus Thread (Air Grievences Here)

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Festivus Thread (Air Grievences Here)

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:57 pm

We seriously not going to do this today?

I've got a lot of problems with you people, and now you're gonna hear about it!

-Tommy LaStella, you don't deserve a freaking WS ring. First of all, you quit on the team, packed up and went to NJ in the middle of an amazing season because you were butt hurt about temporarily getting sent down. Second of all, it will cost PTR way more money than he has to put a ring around that flipper

-Old Posters that didn't come back enough during the WS run. Vance, UK, NC, Jon, Laura, etc you guys needed to be here more to experience this and you weren't enough.

-Cancer. horsefeathers horsefeathering cancer, horsefeathers you for robbing a great person and Cubs fan a chance to see a World Series title before he died

-Big Ten refs. I don't care what evidence you show me, he was horsefeathering short and I refuse to believe anything else.

-Donald Trump. I don't really need to go into this too much. F you for turning the presidential office into a WWE/reality show style position and scaring the horsefeathers out of everyone with your hateful rhetoric and for giving so many people a voice to spew their own hatred.

Reference for the newer posters: http://www.northsidebaseball.com/archiv ... grievences
0 x
Win it for Fred

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Re: Festivus Thread (Air Grievences Here)

Postby Derwood » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:04 pm

Spending $800 on my car between a busted window, two stupid traffic tickets (one of which was when my wife was driving my car), and the unnecessary hoops I was made to jump through to pay for any of it. All in December, when Christmas already makes it an expensive month.
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:05 pm

Later, I will take on all challengers in the feats of (rhetorical) strength.
0 x
Spoiler: show

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:13 pm

Tim wrote:Later, I will take on all challengers in the feats of (rhetorical) strength.

It sounds like the ban hammer is coming out :banned: :banned: :banned:
0 x
Win it for Fred

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:57 pm

everyone who bitched and moaned about kyle schwarber playing in the WS

everyone who gave up on the cubs during the nlcs oops
2 x

Thurman Merman
Starter

Postby Thurman Merman » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:00 pm

I horsefeathering hate that putting two kids in daycare costs more (quite a bit) than a freaking mortgage.

And this one is more out of jealousy, but horsefeathers all of you people that have retired parents that watch your kids for you while you are at work. I hope you know how lucky you are.
2 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Thurman Merman wrote:I horsefeathering hate that putting two kids in daycare costs more (quite a bit) than a freaking mortgage.

And this one is more out of jealousy, but horsefeathers all of you people that have retired parents that watch your kids for you while you are at work. I hope you know how lucky you are.

Every single person in my neighborhood has extended family who live locally. They all have free daycare every time the kids have school vacation, over the summer, etc.

Both of our parents live in Florida, so no dice there. In the summer, we have to cough up money for day camps to keep the kids busy. Luckily they're old enough now that when they have a random in-service day off at school, that they can stay at home by themselves
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Derwood wrote:
Thurman Merman wrote:I horsefeathering hate that putting two kids in daycare costs more (quite a bit) than a freaking mortgage.

Every single person in my neighborhood has extended family who live locally. They all have free daycare every time the kids have school vacation, over the summer, etc.

Both of our parents live in Florida, so no dice there. In the summer, we have to cough up money for day camps to keep the kids busy. Luckily they're old enough now that when they have a random in-service day off at school, that they can stay at home by themselves

Same here. My wife's family is in Cincinnati, parents are in Arizona and Florida. Anytime we want to do anything we have to pay a babysitter and if we can't find a babysitter we can't do it.
0 x
Win it for Fred

wvcbxl
5-Time All-Star

Postby wvcbxl » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:07 pm

I dislike the incessant complainers on this forum. And the Dutch (as an irrelevant tangent)

Both are first world problems.
Y'all need to get a horsefeathering life (or booze, whichever comes cheapest).
0 x
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits. - Satchel Paige.

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:11 pm

wvcbxl wrote:I dislike the incessant complainers on this forum. And the Dutch (as an irrelevant tangent)

Booze. Definitely booze.
0 x
Spoiler: show

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:47 pm

wvcbxl wrote:I dislike the incessant complainers on this forum. And the Dutch (as an irrelevant tangent)

I'm Dutch. Let's fight
0 x

vance_the_cubs_fan
Piniella's posterior pain

Postby vance_the_cubs_fan » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:02 am

Cancer: You took my mom in 2012 and my dad this year. horsefeathers you.
0 x

biittner77
Superstar

Postby biittner77 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:56 am

These aren't really grievances so much as complaints. I'll add to the pile. Flashing Christmas lights make no sense to me. I'm not talking about twinkling as those are fine. On off, on off just why? It's like the lights are trying too hard to make everyone like them only to come off as annoying.
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:06 pm

I know it's a few days late but I'm at the inlaws watching a fake news channel tell a fake story about the Revolutioniary War.

It's on in every room that has a TV.
0 x

Return to “Rants”