random rants

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67375
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5960
x 5789

Re: random rants

Postby Banedon » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:41 pm

Ugh, come in to work this morning to find they've blocked imgur. #FirstWorldProblems
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67375
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5960
x 5789

Re: random rants

Postby Banedon » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:23 pm

Update: the great imgur nightmare of 2016 has ended
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34731
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 933
x 6285

Re: random rants

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:27 pm

I hope with minimal bloodshed
0 x
Image

User avatar
treebird
chinese food
Posts: 20821
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:25 am
x 2817
x 2000

Re: random rants

Postby treebird » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:18 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I hope with minimal bloodshed


brandon promises to come out of the it bunker peacefully if the fbi promises to make hillary clinton stop running for president
2 x

biittner77
Superstar
Posts: 10631
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:10 am
Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore
x 16
x 241

Re: random rants

Postby biittner77 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:28 pm

treebird wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:I hope with minimal bloodshed


brandon promises to come out of the it bunker peacefully if the fbi promises to make hillary clinton stop running for president


Sounds like a job for Burt Macklin
0 x
snoodmonger wrote:Schwarber dong was as swaggy a dong as you're gonna see, fellas. If he'd dropped the bat cleanly, it would've jumped up and flipped itself.

User avatar
Careless
Hall of Fame
Posts: 26074
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:27 am
Location: Chicago
x 242
x 51
Contact:

Re: random rants

Postby Careless » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:39 pm

So my daughter gets sick Wednesday. Strep is going around the class. She tests negative Thursday. Get a call at noon Saturday saying it was a false negative and she has it. And then I come down with it. horsefeathering late Saturday/Sunday and I can't get to a doctor until Monday.
0 x
We are doomed.

User avatar
Tim
Hall of Fame
Posts: 45369
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:02 pm
Location: Naperville, IL
x 80
x 2557
Contact:

Re: random rants

Postby Tim » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:43 pm

Careless wrote:So my daughter gets sick Wednesday. Strep is going around the class. She tests negative Thursday. Get a call at noon Saturday saying it was a false negative and she has it. And then I come down with it. [expletive] late Saturday/Sunday and I can't get to a doctor until Monday.

Doesn't your insurance cover an urgent care facility?
0 x
Spoiler: show

Image

mul21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8345
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Location: Hell (a.k.a. St. Louis)
x 327
x 377
Contact:

Re: random rants

Postby mul21 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:57 am

Tim wrote:
Careless wrote:So my daughter gets sick Wednesday. Strep is going around the class. She tests negative Thursday. Get a call at noon Saturday saying it was a false negative and she has it. And then I come down with it. [expletive] late Saturday/Sunday and I can't get to a doctor until Monday.

Doesn't your insurance cover an urgent care facility?


Even better, my company has a thing called teledoc that you can call and on something like this, they'd charge you $40 and call in a prescription for you.
0 x
I like beer.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67375
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5960
x 5789

Re: random rants

Postby Banedon » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:28 pm

mul21 wrote:
Tim wrote:
Careless wrote:So my daughter gets sick Wednesday. Strep is going around the class. She tests negative Thursday. Get a call at noon Saturday saying it was a false negative and she has it. And then I come down with it. [expletive] late Saturday/Sunday and I can't get to a doctor until Monday.

Doesn't your insurance cover an urgent care facility?


Even better, my company has a thing called teledoc that you can call and on something like this, they'd charge you $40 and call in a prescription for you.


Could they do that without a strep test though?
0 x

mul21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8345
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Location: Hell (a.k.a. St. Louis)
x 327
x 377
Contact:

Re: random rants

Postby mul21 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Banedon wrote:
mul21 wrote:
Tim wrote:Doesn't your insurance cover an urgent care facility?


Even better, my company has a thing called teledoc that you can call and on something like this, they'd charge you $40 and call in a prescription for you.


Could they do that without a strep test though?


In this case, very likely. You already have someone in the house who has been diagnosed with a strep test and you're exhibiting symptoms. If it was for some kind of painkiller or something, doubtful, but for a simple z-pac, I have a feeling they'd do it.
0 x
I like beer.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67375
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5960
x 5789

Re: random rants

Postby Banedon » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:18 pm

This is unacceptable.

0 x

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56194
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 505
x 6593

Re: random rants

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:53 pm

thanks, now I'm mad online
1 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60657
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2945
x 10229

Re: random rants

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:57 pm

Banedon wrote:This is unacceptable.


I saw a ~45 year old businesswoman wearing that front one the other day and I was titillated.


#dadcrush
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 81828
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 12799
x 15364

Re: random rants

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:11 pm

I almost never wear hats because my hair is so thick and luxurious and hat hair makes me sad. Plus my melon is freakishly enormous, and bigheaded people really need to accept that they are not hat people. I fully endorse this hilarious development.
0 x

User avatar
Smack
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8252
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Milwaukee
x 63
x 17

Re: random rants

Postby Smack » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:13 pm

So I was drinking a sugar free Monster every morning and 6-8 diet sodas throughout the day after that. I work for a small company and the owner stocks the fridge so the soda is free (really enabling me, haha). I've been doing this for years. I started getting acid reflux recently and went to my doctor. He basically told me I'm a moron and to stop. So I did yesterday. Holy horsefeathers. I switched from soda/water to tea/water. I knew I would get caffeine withdrawal so I'm mixing caffeinated tea with herbal teas. I've been dizzy and unfocused all day today. It feels like I'm slightly buzzed.
0 x
BTFU!

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60657
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2945
x 10229

Re: random rants

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:16 pm

Smack wrote:So I was drinking a sugar free Monster every morning and 6-8 diet sodas throughout the day after that. I work for a small company and the owner stocks the fridge so the soda is free (really enabling me, haha). I've been doing this for years. I started getting acid reflux recently and went to my doctor. He basically told me I'm a moron and to stop.


that's awesome

how are you alive?

are you a great big fat person?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Smack
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8252
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Milwaukee
x 63
x 17

Re: random rants

Postby Smack » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:19 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Smack wrote:So I was drinking a sugar free Monster every morning and 6-8 diet sodas throughout the day after that. I work for a small company and the owner stocks the fridge so the soda is free (really enabling me, haha). I've been doing this for years. I started getting acid reflux recently and went to my doctor. He basically told me I'm a moron and to stop.


that's awesome

how are you alive?

are you a great big fat person?


haha, no I'm not a great big fat person. I'm more or less healthy otherwise, I eat fruits and veggies every day, yada yada.

One of my co-workers was drinking 18-24 per day before he gave it up a few months ago. No joke.
0 x
BTFU!

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 81828
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 12799
x 15364

Re: random rants

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:24 pm

18-24 sodas a day? When you say he gave it up, do you mean living?
1 x

User avatar
Smack
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8252
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Milwaukee
x 63
x 17

Re: random rants

Postby Smack » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:27 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:18-24 sodas a day? When you say he gave it up, do you mean living?


He quit cold turkey. He was more or less a zombie for about two weeks.
0 x
BTFU!

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56194
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 505
x 6593

Re: random rants

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:37 pm

If I have it available, I can do 6-8 Coke Zeros in a day sometimes, I'm about to go get #3 today. I'm having trouble understanding how I could possibly double that and then some, at a certain point I wouldn't actually be doing anything because I'd constantly be taking a drink. That's like 3.5 gallons.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67375
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5960
x 5789

Re: random rants

Postby Banedon » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:42 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Plus my melon is freakishly enormous, and bigheaded people really need to accept that they are not hat people.


Man I'm with you on this. I was in a play in high school, and to wear the hat I needed to wear, they had to cut the back of it to get it to fit correctly.
1 x

User avatar
Smack
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8252
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Milwaukee
x 63
x 17

Re: random rants

Postby Smack » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:43 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:If I have it available, I can do 6-8 Coke Zeros in a day sometimes, I'm about to go get #3 today. I'm having trouble understanding how I could possibly double that and then some, at a certain point I wouldn't actually be doing anything because I'd constantly be taking a drink. That's like 3.5 gallons.


He essentially drank it all day long. A couple cans per hour, 10 hour work day.
0 x
BTFU!

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 81828
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 12799
x 15364

Re: random rants

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:46 pm

Smack wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:If I have it available, I can do 6-8 Coke Zeros in a day sometimes, I'm about to go get #3 today. I'm having trouble understanding how I could possibly double that and then some, at a certain point I wouldn't actually be doing anything because I'd constantly be taking a drink. That's like 3.5 gallons.


He essentially drank it all day long. A couple cans per hour, 10 hour work day.


Does he have terrible acid reflux? Ulcers? That just seems brutal.
0 x

User avatar
Smack
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8252
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Milwaukee
x 63
x 17

Re: random rants

Postby Smack » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Smack wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:If I have it available, I can do 6-8 Coke Zeros in a day sometimes, I'm about to go get #3 today. I'm having trouble understanding how I could possibly double that and then some, at a certain point I wouldn't actually be doing anything because I'd constantly be taking a drink. That's like 3.5 gallons.


He essentially drank it all day long. A couple cans per hour, 10 hour work day.


Does he have terrible acid reflux? Ulcers? That just seems brutal.


No and I asked the doctor about it. I was like, see 6-8 isn't so bad!! He said some people just have 'stronger guts' than others.
0 x
BTFU!

mul21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8345
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Location: Hell (a.k.a. St. Louis)
x 327
x 377
Contact:

Re: random rants

Postby mul21 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:49 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:If I have it available, I can do 6-8 Coke Zeros in a day sometimes, I'm about to go get #3 today. I'm having trouble understanding how I could possibly double that and then some, at a certain point I wouldn't actually be doing anything because I'd constantly be taking a drink. That's like 3.5 gallons.


I work for Pepsi and essentially have 20 oz. bottles of whatever I want available all day every day. I feel like a giant pile of crap if I drink more than 2 diet sodas in a day.
0 x
I like beer.


Return to “Rants”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests