My Dog is Getting Old

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Re: My Dog is Getting Old

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:13 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:My poor baby has bladder cancer. I'd rather die than have to put her down, I might see if I can get a two-fer at the vet and just euthanize myself too.

we all gotta make tough choices

My vet called today, puzzled, and said the lab results didnt show any cancer cells. So now I dont know what to do - he might have missed and not gotten the cells he thought he got and it could still be cancer. Or maybe they were just wrong and my dog will outlive me, like it should be
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:58 am

i don't know if this is the right place to put this, but i'm curious what you guys think. my parents little yorkie had to be put down down recently. about a week later, they got an envelope in the mail from the vet that contained nothing but a paw print of the dog that they made right before they put her down. my mom didn't ask for this, and they never told her they were going to do it. she didn't say she disliked it, but it kind of wrecked her right when she was starting to feel better.

this is kind of messed up, right? it's a nice gesture, but it seems really cruel to do that without asking first.
0 x

wekse
5-Time All-Star

Postby wekse » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:35 pm

17 Seconds wrote:i don't know if this is the right place to put this, but i'm curious what you guys think. my parents little yorkie had to be put down down recently. about a week later, they got an envelope in the mail from the vet that contained nothing but a paw print of the dog that they made right before they put her down. my mom didn't ask for this, and they never told her they were going to do it. she didn't say she disliked it, but it kind of wrecked her right when she was starting to feel better.

this is kind of messed up, right? it's a nice gesture, but it seems really cruel to do that without asking first.

This is pretty common. My vet did the same thing when my pup passed away. I was struck with grief upon receiving it, but I'm glad I have it.
1 x

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry, derwood.

Hope everything is okay, imb.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:18 am

When my jack russell reached the end I would find him in the backyard just swaying in the breeze, anything to get that fresh air. He could barely stay upright anymore but damn it if he wouldn't try with all his might. We would leave the patio door open and every morning around 3 I wold wake up and know exactly where to find him. That's when I knew it was time. And I'm glad (in a way) I experienced those final dark days and have somewhat of a better idea of when to not let the suffering continue any longer. I took him in as a stray and the vet surmised he was just under a year. I had him for 17.

Bless his soul.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:19 am

When my jack russell reached the end I would find him in the backyard just swaying in the breeze, anything to get that fresh air. He could barely stay upright anymore but damn it if he wouldn't try with all his might. We would leave the patio door open and every morning around 3 I wold wake up and know exactly where to find him. That's when I knew it was time. And I'm glad (in a way) I experienced those final dark days and have somewhat of a better idea of when to not let the suffering continue any longer. I took him in as a stray and the vet surmised he was just under a year. I had him for 17.

Bless his soul.
0 x

Return to “Rants”