dongs are awesome, yay dongs!

Bote McBoteface
All-Star

Re: Favorite Cubs dongs?

Postby Bote McBoteface » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:43 am

ConstableRabbit wrote:
David wrote:
Omar wrote:There was a home run that Sammy Sosa had against the Brewers, midsummer 2003, that went like 530 feet to CF, left the ballpark. Its the closest home run ball to the scoreboard. that I've ever seen at Wrigley. It was sort of an obscure game and I haven't seen the video since.

If anyone knows what game I'm talking about help me locate the video.

i felt like the one in the nlcs got damn close

The Game 2 one was an absolute shot but it hit the old camera well -- not exactly close to the scoreboard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLmrSxED3xM

ETA: man, I miss Sammy a lot.

The radio call is so much better. I was listening to the radio feed at the time and I almost had a heart attack.
6 x

CubColtPacer
Superstar

Re: dongs are awesome, yay dongs!

Postby CubColtPacer » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:32 pm

Tim wrote:Hey there, CCP - haven't seen you in a while.

Thanks! I don't get to follow the team as closely as I used to. I still am around a decent amount, but don't feel like my opinions are informed enough at this point to be of any value. That's the hard thing about baseball, it's hard to have a middle ground between casual fan overreacting to the last thing they saw and super informed fan who can critique each decision because they know all the variables that go behind it.
0 x

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:14 pm

CubColtPacer wrote:

Thanks! I don't get to follow the team as closely as I used to. I still am around a decent amount, but don't feel like my opinions are informed enough at this point to be of any value. That's the hard thing about baseball, it's hard to have a middle ground between casual fan overreacting to the last thing they saw and super informed fan who can critique each decision because they know all the variables that go behind it.

that stops, like, literally no one who posts here.
6 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:16 pm

Butterscup wrote:
CubColtPacer wrote:

that stops, like, literally no one who posts here.

I could probably name like 15 current cubs at most and that’s aided by the fact that Theo took the year off and ran it back.
3 x

bcl412
Superstar

Postby bcl412 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:49 pm

Only other random ones I can think of that were cool were Alou/Sosa back to back to walk off the reds in 2004. Hollandsworth 9th inning homer in early April against the Braves I think, also in 2004 I believe. Baez against the White Sox to give in the lead in a 2016 game. Big Z in 2003 vs the Astros later in the season (I think I remember this correctly, maybe it wasn’t THAT memorable lol)E Edmonds grand slam in 2008 vs brewers to cap the sweep in that awesome four game series at Miller Park. I’m sure there’s more random regular season dongs I can think of and it’s possible some were covered but I ain’t going back through
0 x

NorthsideAvenger
All-Star

Postby NorthsideAvenger » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:44 am

Tuffy Rhodes.

Schwarber .v. the Cardinals.

Kevin Tapani's grand slam.

#17 trying to break the new score board against Arizona.
1 x
Smile: it pisses people off.

Forgotmyoldlogin
Role Player

Postby Forgotmyoldlogin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:19 am

bcl412 wrote:Only other random ones I can think of that were cool were Alou/Sosa back to back to walk off the reds in 2004. Hollandsworth 9th inning homer in early April against the Braves I think, also in 2004 I believe. Baez against the White Sox to give in the lead in a 2016 game. Big Z in 2003 vs the Astros later in the season (I think I remember this correctly, maybe it wasn’t THAT memorable lol)E Edmonds grand slam in 2008 vs brewers to cap the sweep in that awesome four game series at Miller Park. I’m sure there’s more random regular season dongs I can think of and it’s possible some were covered but I ain’t going back through

Edmonds grand slam against the Brewers was awesome. I was day drinking with a friend of mine at a bar in the south burbs, and the place was actually full of Cubs fans. We got LOUD for that one.
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:31 am

Z took Buehrle deep twice in a game once, 06 I think. That was fun.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:21 am

new Cubs youtube content, video board dongs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5kSy1mAKVY
2 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:39 pm

"Mercy"

"What in the world"
0 x

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:32 pm

CubColtPacer wrote:

Do you want to start a Conquer Club game?
0 x
“There are 2,000 verses of Scripture that call upon us to respond to the needs of the poor. And yet, I find that when Christians talked about values in this last election that was not on the agenda, that was not a concern. ”-Tony Campolo

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:39 pm

NewUserName wrote:
CubColtPacer wrote:

Ha. I used to play there.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star

Postby NewUserName » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:43 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
NewUserName wrote:
CubColtPacer wrote:

I never played again after one game lasting several years...a game that I pretty sure CCP was involved in.
0 x
“There are 2,000 verses of Scripture that call upon us to respond to the needs of the poor. And yet, I find that when Christians talked about values in this last election that was not on the agenda, that was not a concern. ”-Tony Campolo

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:46 pm

NewUserName wrote:
NewUserName wrote:Do you want to start a Conquer Club game?

I never played again after one game lasting several years...a game that I pretty sure CCP was involved in.

I'm guessing it was a progressive bonus game? Those are the worst.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:55 pm

3 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:46 am

I assume that’s supposed to be a flip flop?
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

CubColtPacer
Superstar

Re: RE: Re: dongs are awesome, yay dongs!

Postby CubColtPacer » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:32 am

NewUserName wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:Ha. I used to play there.

I'm guessing it was a progressive bonus game? Those are the worst.
Nope, flat rate cards. 3 of us got big enough and had similar enough armies that if we went after somebody the 3rd person would win, so it was a stalemate. After a few weeks, basically nothing happened for the next 5 years until I got so busy that I forgot to log in for 3 days and got kicked out.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
0 x

Return to “Cubs Discussions”