David Ross

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63971
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3024
x 3180

Re: David Ross

Postby Banedon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:30 am

Cringe-worthy, hilarious, and surprise cameos!
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58657
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5859
x 3524

Re: David Ross

Postby David » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:45 am

look at them they're all watching him to make fun of this horsefeathers thorn in their sides

6 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 23767
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 16
x 1748
Contact:

Re: David Ross

Postby Brian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:59 am

LaStella snuck into the viewing party
0 x

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36303
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 842
x 1102

Re: David Ross

Postby OleMissCub » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:16 am

My wife just tried to call the number that Ross put on his instagram but he put up the wrong number! It was the number of another team. D'oh
0 x
Image

davell
Hall of Fame
Posts: 20414
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:55 pm
x 1337
x 1785

Re: David Ross

Postby davell » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:35 am

Jake telling Ross he has huge balls on Primetime Network TV, easily the highlight.
1 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7942
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 777
x 373

Re: David Ross

Postby ConstableRabbit » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:41 am

Happy for Ross and the Cubs attention. Having them hang out at Wrigley was cool and Skyping current players was really funny.

Also this has officially jumped the shark. ABC machine trying to make David Ross of all people a household name thing is hilarious.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63971
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3024
x 3180

Re: David Ross

Postby Banedon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Image
4 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56559
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5189

Re: David Ross

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:41 pm

ConstableRabbit wrote: ABC machine trying to make David Ross of all people a household name thing is hilarious.

That's just an odd interpretation, and not at all what ABC is trying to do.

The whole "celebrity" game show genre uses very few true household names. What they do is try and pull people from various walks of celebrityhood to pull eyes to the show that may not otherwise watch. A good amount of Cubs fans watched strictly because a popular former player was involved and lots of current star players have mentioned it on social media. On top of that, the Cubs winning the world series was the biggest story in U.S. sports last year and Ross played a part. There was no way they were getting any active player involved, just based on the timing of the show. They've never had a baseball player prior to Ross. I'm sure they'd love to get Jeter or Bonds, but those guys have a lot less incentive to participate than a guy like Ross.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 32234
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 473
x 3593

Re: David Ross

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:45 pm

ConstableRabbit wrote:Also this has officially jumped the shark.

let me get this straight: a show called "dancing with the stars", an insanely stupid premise, just now jumped the shark?
2 x
Image

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7942
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 777
x 373

Re: David Ross

Postby ConstableRabbit » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:56 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
ConstableRabbit wrote: ABC machine trying to make David Ross of all people a household name thing is hilarious.

That's just an odd interpretation, and not at all what ABC is trying to do.

The whole "celebrity" game show genre uses very few true household names. What they do is try and pull people from various walks of celebrityhood to pull eyes to the show that may not otherwise watch. A good amount of Cubs fans watched strictly because a popular former player was involved and lots of current star players have mentioned it on social media. On top of that, the Cubs winning the world series was the biggest story in U.S. sports last year and Ross played a part. There was no way they were getting any active player involved, just based on the timing of the show. They've never had a baseball player prior to Ross. I'm sure they'd love to get Jeter or Bonds, but those guys have a lot less incentive to participate than a guy like Ross.

Oh it's definitely an audience draw play. What I'm saying is they give him a job at ESPN, then get him to sign up for DWTS, then overpromote -- including through GMA -- and make him seem like he's a bigger draw/star than he is. That last part is what has jumped the shark in that calling him a star over and over again doesn't make him one.

Totally par for the course but silly nonetheless.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63971
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3024
x 3180

Re: David Ross

Postby Banedon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:48 pm

ConstableRabbit wrote:Oh it's definitely an audience draw play. What I'm saying is they give him a job at ESPN, then get him to sign up for DWTS, then overpromote -- including through GMA -- and make him seem like he's a bigger draw/star than he is. That last part is what has jumped the shark in that calling him a star over and over again doesn't make him one.

Totally par for the course but silly nonetheless.


If they turn his book into a movie, does that make him a big enough star?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... ned-987568
0 x
Image

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7942
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 777
x 373

Re: David Ross

Postby ConstableRabbit » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Banedon wrote:
ConstableRabbit wrote:Oh it's definitely an audience draw play. What I'm saying is they give him a job at ESPN, then get him to sign up for DWTS, then overpromote -- including through GMA -- and make him seem like he's a bigger draw/star than he is. That last part is what has jumped the shark in that calling him a star over and over again doesn't make him one.

Totally par for the course but silly nonetheless.


If they turn his book into a movie, does that make him a big enough star?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/d ... ned-987568

Independent film? Meh.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
itisallpartoftheplan
All-Star
Posts: 2064
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 pm
x 91
x 435

Re: David Ross

Postby itisallpartoftheplan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:45 pm

Ross disgustingly dances like a raunchy stripper, while young kids might be watching dancing show. Couldn't hate the guy any more than I do now.
0 x
-The Plan worked!!

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 73227
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 1988
x 2814
Contact:

Re: David Ross

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:02 pm

itisallpartoftheplan wrote:Ross disgustingly dances like a raunchy stripper, while young kids might be watching dancing show. Couldn't hate the guy any more than I do now.


This must be the reason why the rest of the team forced him to retire after last season. His antics were just too raunchy for all of the young players on the Cubs roster. I mean the Cubs vets literally carried him off the field so he couldn't participate in their celebration after winning the World Series. I'm sure some of the vets on the team were worried about how x-rated his antics would be that night and the influence it would have on them.


We are really starting to kill this joke
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58657
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 5859
x 3524

Re: David Ross

Postby David » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:04 pm

Yes, yes you guys are.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 32234
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 473
x 3593

Re: David Ross

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:22 pm

Image
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56559
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5189

Re: David Ross

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:57 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56559
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5189

Re: David Ross

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:18 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Image


I bet he throws it at Rizzo's ribs.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Post Count Padder
Superstar
Posts: 14515
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:51 pm
Location: In your dreams
x 6
x 61

Re: David Ross

Postby Post Count Padder » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:51 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BSeZYNAg0S4/?taken-by=grandparossy_3&hl=en

I bet no one on the team reads it. Because they all hate him.
0 x
formerly known as PriorPower
formerly known as the guy with Huston Street in his sig

:flythew:

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56559
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5189

Re: David Ross

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:36 pm

9 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
javy knows my name
previously Beertown Cubbie
Posts: 8552
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
Location: Chicago
x 875
x 253

Re: David Ross

Postby javy knows my name » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:38 pm

That's hilarious
0 x
neely wrote:but in reality
2006 .364
2007 .351
2008 his one big year
2009 .347
2010 90 games played
2011 .323
what do you call that?

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 63971
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3024
x 3180

Re: David Ross

Postby Banedon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:38 am



2 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56559
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 1579
x 5189

Re: David Ross

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:45 pm

now he's bullying grown me to the point of tears?

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 32234
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 473
x 3593

Re: David Ross

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:47 pm

what a horsefeathering horsefeathers. good riddance
0 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 70850
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 6043
x 8061

Re: David Ross

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Uh, has gr really not come back to the board since his Ross rampage?
0 x
► Show Spoiler


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests