David Ross

Tracer Bullet
fka mariners revenge

Re: David Ross

Postby Tracer Bullet » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:01 pm

If you use Twitter I don't know how you wouldn't be a little annoyed by Ross and his raisin bran. He pops up everywhere in retweets.

And isn't Ross widely considered an horsefeathers as a teammate? I thought he was one of those guys that was hard on everyone, which is what made the grandpa Rossy thing interesting. Rizzo would be dumb in that character in 10 years bc he's just so nice to everyone.

I'm not bothered in the way ape seems to be but I can certainly see his point.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:10 pm

Tracer Bullet wrote:And isn't Ross widely considered an horsefeathers as a teammate? I thought he was one of those guys that was hard on everyone, which is what made the grandpa Rossy thing interesting.

What? Everybody freaking loved him. Sure, he pushed guys hard, but I've never heard anything but love for the guy.

This Ross backlash is weird.
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Tracer Bullet wrote:If you use Twitter I don't know how you wouldn't be a little annoyed by Ross and his raisin bran. He pops up everywhere in retweets.

And isn't Ross widely considered an horsefeathers as a teammate? I thought he was one of those guys that was hard on everyone, which is what made the grandpa Rossy thing interesting. Rizzo would be dumb in that character in 10 years bc he's just so nice to everyone.

What is this, a post from the Bizarro universe?
3 x
► Show Spoiler

Tracer Bullet
fka mariners revenge

Postby Tracer Bullet » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Banedon wrote:
Tracer Bullet wrote:And isn't Ross widely considered an horsefeathers as a teammate? I thought he was one of those guys that was hard on everyone, which is what made the grandpa Rossy thing interesting.

What? Everybody freaking loved him. Sure, he pushed guys hard, but I've never heard anything but love for the guy.

This Ross backlash is weird.

I'm not saying teammates didn't appreciate him. But the posts are acting like David Ross is this super nice guy like Rizzo is. He's an old hard ass. Good for him that he's cashing in on the last year but he just seems like an odd choice for an underappreciated super nice guy since he's not. He's horsefeathering crash davis with a WS ring.

Just weird to see this huge reaction to a guy saying he's tired of daily pics of Ross and a bowl of raisin bran.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:10 pm

Tracer Bullet wrote:He's horsefeathering crash davis with a WS ring.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Just weird to see this huge reaction to a guy saying he's tired of daily pics of Ross and a bowl of raisin bran.

I thought the first time you said "raisin bran" you were calling him "raisin brain," which is a pretty great random insult.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Tracer Bullet wrote:If you use Twitter I don't know how you wouldn't be a little annoyed by Ross and his raisin bran. He pops up everywhere in retweets.

wtf?
2 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Tracer Bullet
fka mariners revenge

Postby Tracer Bullet » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Tracer Bullet wrote:He's horsefeathering crash davis with a WS ring.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

I thought the first time you said "raisin bran" you were calling him "raisin brain," which is a pretty great random insult.

no i'm not saying its bad. i'm saying crash davis wouldn't appear on dwts or pimping raisin bran.

the fact that you think raisin bran is an insult proves my point.
0 x

Tracer Bullet
fka mariners revenge

Postby Tracer Bullet » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Again: teammates appreciate him but he's not going to be anyone's favorite player after a few years.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/cubs-a ... etirement/

Rizzo
I also wanted to get some clips of the real Rossy. The one you guys don’t get to see — the grumpy old man who’s always screaming and yelling at us. We haven’t gotten any of that yet. But we will.

Bryant
Yeah, we need to get some of those.

Rizzo
Hey, grandpa … you wanna get in here and defend yourself?

David Ross
I can’t. It’s true. I’m a jerk. I like screaming and yelling at you. I like getting your blood pressure up. Haha. You guys probably hate me — or maybe it’s more like a love/hate thing. What do you think, Rizz?

Rizzo

Ross
It’s O.K. We’re in the trust tree. In the circle. We’re fine.

Rizzo
O.K. … So let me tell you guys what Rossy said to me when he first got to Chicago. I thought Rossy was great — I was excited to have him on the team. And he said to me, “You love me now, but just wait till next year. You’ll get sick of me.” I didn’t understand it at the time, but it makes perfect sense now. But here we are in year two, and he was right. Now I know why he’s been on like seven different teams and only signs two-year deals everywhere he goes. Haha.

Ross
Yeah, it all adds up. I wear out my welcome fast. I go from a great clubhouse guy to a clubhouse cancer in like a year, haha. So after two years, it’s time for me to move on.

Bryant
My first encounter with Rossy was in spring training last year. I hit like nine home runs in spring training, and Rossy comes up to me and says, “Hey, KB. How many home runs you got?”

I’m like, “Nine.”

And he says, “No you don’t. You got zero!”

Ross
Haha, yeah. The year before, you hit what, 43 in the minor leagues, KB?

Bryant
Yeah. Forty-three.

Ross
So I said, “How many homers did you hit last year?”

He says, “Forty-three.”

And I’m barking at him like, “No you didn’t! Minor leagues don’t count. You had zero in the Show. None!”
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:08 pm

uhhhh what are jokes
3 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Tracer Bullet
fka mariners revenge

Postby Tracer Bullet » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:12 pm

David wrote:uhhhh what are jokes

you understand why jokes are funny right?
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Tracer Bullet wrote:
David wrote:uhhhh what are jokes

you understand why jokes are funny right?

yeah you're right. he's a horsefeathers teammate and jerk and nobody likes him.
0 x

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:19 pm

"David Ross is meaningless and probably a terrible person and nobody will like him in a few years" is a weird hill to die on.
6 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:54 pm

I guess gr is drunk or something.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Also an a-hole who yelled at teammates and everyone hated: Michael Jordan

Yes, David Ross = Michael Jordan
0 x

Tracer Bullet
fka mariners revenge

Postby Tracer Bullet » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Reading comprehension: needs improvement
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:29 pm

LOOK AT THE HATE

That's probably why Heyward had tears in his eyes at that moment, because he was such a meany. And one of the first things he did after signing his huge contract was buy him suites on the road for payback to how horrible he was to him when he was a rookie in Atlanta.
8 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:09 pm

What in tarnation
6 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Duke Silver
5-Time All-Star

Postby Duke Silver » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:10 pm

The reason they carried him off the field is because they were scared of how mean he is to them.
4 x

Tracer Bullet
fka mariners revenge

Postby Tracer Bullet » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:49 pm

The inability to make the most basic distinctions is exhausting.

You're right. David Ross is a just the sweetest most lovable teddy bear who would do anything for anyone. He's not a jerk. He's not an horsefeathers. He's not one of those intense hard ass guys that you love but wear on your nerves. He's a kind swell guy and it's great that raisin bran was there to shine some light on the poor mutli-ring owning down on his luck guy.

Dear lord. No one said anyone hated Ross (except Ross)
0 x

bcl412
Superstar

Postby bcl412 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Duke Silver wrote:The reason they carried him off the field is because they were scared of how mean he is to them.

Maybe they got tired of his horsefeathers and collectively carried him out of the stadium as they were tired of his cranky old ass.
5 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:01 pm

I don't know where you get your delusions, raisin brain.
7 x
► Show Spoiler

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:41 pm

I am literally at the store right now and going to buy Raisin Bran out of respect.
10 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:14 am

Tracer Bullet wrote:The inability to make the most basic distinctions is exhausting.

You're right. David Ross is a just the sweetest most lovable teddy bear who would do anything for anyone. He's not a jerk. He's not an horsefeathers. He's not one of those intense hard ass guys that you love but wear on your nerves. He's a kind swell guy and it's great that raisin bran was there to shine some light on the poor mutli-ring owning down on his luck guy.

Dear lord. No one said anyone hated Ross (except Ross)

holy horsefeathers you must be the worst lawyer in the world lmao

GR: objection

judge: overruled

GR: FINE YOUR HONOR I GUESS IT'S JUST OK TO KILL PEOPLE GOD, LET'S JUST HAVE NO LAWS AND JUST RAPE AND KILL EVERYONE FINE.
6 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:19 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:I am literally at the store right now and going to buy Raisin Bran out of respect.

15 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:38 am

This thread went from a snooze to legendary like THAT.
1 x
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Cubs Discussions”