World Series Swag Thread

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Re: World Series Swag Thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:31 pm

also, not championship swag, but I bought myself a shirsey for the first time. gots me a Rizzo
0 x

Enn Tea
All-Star

Postby Enn Tea » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:15 pm

soccer10k wrote:
Butterscup wrote:oh also a 95% chance i buy that "We did not suck" shirt

http://www.korkedbaseball.com/products/ ... -suck-2016

I wish that had a cubs logo or a world series trophy on it or something.
0 x

weis21
5-Time All-Star

Postby weis21 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:54 pm

Enn Tea wrote:
soccer10k wrote:
Butterscup wrote:oh also a 95% chance i buy that "We did not suck" shirt

http://www.korkedbaseball.com/products/ ... -suck-2016

I wish that had a cubs logo or a world series trophy on it or something.

it's maddon's thing and i don't think it's MLB licensed. fairly certain most (all?) proceeds go towards charity.
0 x

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:50 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:but come next summer any T-shirt glorifying the title feels like living in the past to me

you've got to be kidding
4 x

doublebubble
Starter

Postby doublebubble » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:51 am

If you do not live in Chicago and want Cubs Championship stuff I recommend going to your local LID's by footlocker. Just got back from Fashion show mall in Vegas and they had TONS of Cubs Championship stuff... even here they were selling like hot cakes.
0 x
#beliEVEN
#belieVIN
#believeland

Fly the :flythew:

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:53 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
doublebubble wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Am I alone in not being interested in World Champs clothes? Like I'm overdue to get some new Cubs gear and probably will soon/over Xmas, but come next summer any T-shirt glorifying the title feels like living in the past to me. I'm more interested in memorabilia stuff like the press plate of the Tribune front page, or maybe a nicely made pennant, stuff like that.

Im right there with you on any other Chicago team winning. I kinda want some stuff to put over my Grandparents grave marker and send pictures to my out of state relatives.

To be clear, even if you plan on wearing that championship shirt once a week until it unravels, that's cool with me. I was just curious how common my approach was given the shutupandtakemymoney.gif reaction I'd seen thus far.

how long does a shirt take to unravel? trying to figure out how many i need to last me for the rest of my life
3 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:02 am

doublebubble wrote:If you do not live in Chicago and want Cubs Championship stuff I recommend going to your local LID's by footlocker. Just got back from Fashion show mall in Vegas and they had TONS of Cubs Championship stuff... even here they were selling like hot cakes.

I'll be at a mall with a Lids on Monday and I'm going to immediately regret buying online and having to wait for them if I see a bunch of the stuff I bought in-store.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:03 pm

Pardon the rant, but I'm a bit pissed. I've been trying to order some swag from the MLB shop. The site says they offer a 15% military discount... but they won't ship gear to a military APO address, so they keep refusing my order. What the hell, MLB? I don't even care about the discount, I only mention because it's hypocritical to say you support military and offer it, but then refuse to process an order for a jersey because you have an APO address.
2 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:31 pm

seanimal wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
doublebubble wrote:
Im right there with you on any other Chicago team winning. I kinda want some stuff to put over my Grandparents grave marker and send pictures to my out of state relatives.

To be clear, even if you plan on wearing that championship shirt once a week until it unravels, that's cool with me. I was just curious how common my approach was given the shutupandtakemymoney.gif reaction I'd seen thus far.

how long does a shirt take to unravel? trying to figure out how many i need to last me for the rest of my life

I definitely had Bulls championships shirts that I wore until they were thin and hole-y.
0 x

JasonMath
Role Player

Postby JasonMath » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:23 pm

Got an officially licensed blue World Series Champions Chicago Cubs t-shirt yesterday at Costco for $15. They also have blue World Series champion hoodies for $35. They aren't the locker room apparel, but I was happy to buy one.

I'll be heading to Wrigleyville today to take some pictures and probably buy more Cubs merchandise. Go CUBS !!

:flythew:
0 x
My record at Cubs games:

2016: 2-0 (1-0 at Wrigley Field, 1-0 at Miller Park)
2017: 4-4

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:13 am

UMFan83 wrote:
Brian707 wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:http://m.mlbshop.com/Chicago_Cubs_Gear/Chicago_Cubs_2016_World_Series_Champions_Commemorative_8-Disc_Blu-Ray_Set

Want

Yeah I ordered that!

Have they said when they will ship? I'm assuming it's still something they are in the process of creating

At MLB.com it says it will ship no later than 12-16, at Amazon it said it will be released 12-13. I'm sure they want it out before Christmas.
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:21 am

The Logan wrote:The Easton Press, which makes gorgeous leather bound special editions of books, put out this commemorative Cubs book:

http://www.eastonpress.com/prod/CFA/352 ... VE-EDITION

That is so beautiful. Sucks it does not come out until February. I will have to order that
0 x

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:23 am

UMFan83 wrote:http://m.mlbshop.com/Chicago_Cubs_Gear/Chicago_Cubs_2016_World_Series_Champions_Commemorative_8-Disc_Blu-Ray_Set

Want

This is now out of stock on the MLB shop haha
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

JasonMath
Role Player

Postby JasonMath » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:30 am

Made my pilgrimage to Wrigley Field today! Bought two posters from vendors around Wrigley Field, and bought a World Series championship pennant. Atmosphere was great, and they still had "World Series Champions" on the Wrigley Field marquee.
1 x
My record at Cubs games:

Schwarber Fan
Hall of Fame

Postby Schwarber Fan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:21 am

I live in Minnesota (never updated my location) and visited the Mall of America today. Every hat store (there are like 4 Lids') had the WS Champion hats and Champs had a limited selection of shirts. I picked up a hat and the grey trophy shirt.
0 x
The original Aramis Fan. Responsible for the revelation of Hector Rondon.

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:34 am

Wrigleyville Sports has the fitted locker room hat back in stock now on their website.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:59 am

I tried finding that Jed Under Armour track jacket with the W on the sleeve he had at the rally on Under Armour's website, and they have it, but it's a gray color and it also has a hoodie or something. The one Jed had was simple, just a pullover that was solid blue, with a half white stripe down the arm with the W flag on the right arm. The one on the site has a World Series logo, is gray, has a hoodie, is a full zip down, and while it's really nice (and sold out), it's not the one Jed has. I'd be all about that one.

Jed's:

Under Armour's: https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens- ... 313293-410

Anyone know where to find that thing?
0 x

shnsajax
Superstar

Postby shnsajax » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:19 am

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:also, not championship swag, but I bought myself a shirsey for the first time. gots me a Rizzo

Did you get the matching twerking shorts?
1 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:30 pm

seanimal wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:but come next summer any T-shirt glorifying the title feels like living in the past to me

you've got to be kidding

My Hawks 2010 Stanley cup t is still one of my favs. I'd never by an NLCS or playoffs shirt but I plan on wearin the hoodie a lot this winter and next year as well. It will be perfect to wear in Yankee stadium in October
2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

gobigred
Starter

Postby gobigred » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:12 pm

tribune shop finally got the store site completing transactions...no clue on how long it will take to get shipped
0 x

Agony and Ivy
All-Star

Postby Agony and Ivy » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:07 pm

jehr wrote:Pardon the rant, but I'm a bit pissed. I've been trying to order some swag from the MLB shop. The site says they offer a 15% military discount... but they won't ship gear to a military APO address, so they keep refusing my order. What the hell, MLB? I don't even care about the discount, I only mention because it's hypocritical to say you support military and offer it, but then refuse to process an order for a jersey because you have an APO address.

I get what you're saying but that's a UPS/FedEx issue.
0 x

jehr
Role Player

Postby jehr » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:58 pm

Agony and Ivy wrote:
jehr wrote:Pardon the rant, but I'm a bit pissed. I've been trying to order some swag from the MLB shop. The site says they offer a 15% military discount... but they won't ship gear to a military APO address, so they keep refusing my order. What the hell, MLB? I don't even care about the discount, I only mention because it's hypocritical to say you support military and offer it, but then refuse to process an order for a jersey because you have an APO address.

I get what you're saying but that's a UPS/FedEx issue.

UPS ships here, granted at a higher cost. They won't ship to my local non-APO address either. They could ship USPS if they wanted. It's an overseas thing.
0 x

eee123
bench player

Postby eee123 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:05 am

I was able to find that knit World Series hat at Champs Sports here in St. Louis (Galleria, for anyone around these parts).

This one:
https://www.lids.com/chicago-cubs-new-e ... p/20900041
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:11 am

seanimal wrote:

you've got to be kidding

same thought i had when i read it tbh
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

JasonMath
Role Player

Postby JasonMath » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:52 am

Went to the MLBShop website to buy some more gear. I wanted a Cubs jacket since I plan on going to many more games next year, including one or two in April. Decided to go for the 3 in 1 Cubs jacket (which can be used as a winter coat or a lighter jacket) in case any of the early April games are cold - after all, it did snow in mid-April two years ago! Also got a 2016 World Series program as a souvenir, and a Cubs Win flag to bring to the games next year.
0 x
My record at Cubs games:

Return to “Cubs Discussions”