World Series Swag Thread

Cubswin11
Superstar

Re: World Series Swag Thread

Postby Cubswin11 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:09 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Am I alone in not being interested in World Champs clothes? Like I'm overdue to get some new Cubs gear and probably will soon/over Xmas, but come next summer any T-shirt glorifying the title feels like living in the past to me. I'm more interested in memorabilia stuff like the press plate of the Tribune front page, or maybe a nicely made pennant, stuff like that.

I feel the same. I'll get maybe 1 World Series apparel thing but mostly just stick to plaques, pictures, banner stuff for it. Maybe get a NLCS/generic playoff Cubs thing too when they hit major discounts
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:10 am

I'll definitely grab a couple extra hats if I can get my hands on them. I'm not interested in making a profit on most of you
0 x

doublebubble
Starter

Postby doublebubble » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:11 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Am I alone in not being interested in World Champs clothes? Like I'm overdue to get some new Cubs gear and probably will soon/over Xmas, but come next summer any T-shirt glorifying the title feels like living in the past to me. I'm more interested in memorabilia stuff like the press plate of the Tribune front page, or maybe a nicely made pennant, stuff like that.

Im right there with you on any other Chicago team winning. I kinda want some stuff to put over my Grandparents grave marker and send pictures to my out of state relatives.
0 x
#beliEVEN
#belieVIN
#believeland

Fly the :flythew:

XZero77
Superstar

Postby XZero77 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:11 am

No, I'm the same. I'll buy some new apparel (like an authentic jersey and maybe some nice outerwear), but the WS gear really doesn't do it for me.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:12 am

I'm waiting for the "second wave" of t-shirts to come out. I want one that's more subtle/clever than "2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS".
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:13 am

Brian707 wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:http://m.mlbshop.com/Chicago_Cubs_Gear/Chicago_Cubs_2016_World_Series_Champions_Commemorative_8-Disc_Blu-Ray_Set

Want

Yeah I ordered that!

Have they said when they will ship? I'm assuming it's still something they are in the process of creating
0 x
Win it for Fred

Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:20 am

doublebubble wrote:

Im right there with you on any other Chicago team winning. I kinda want some stuff to put over my Grandparents grave marker and send pictures to my out of state relatives.

To be clear, even if you plan on wearing that championship shirt once a week until it unravels, that's cool with me. I was just curious how common my approach was given the shutupandtakemymoney.gif reaction I'd seen thus far.
0 x

Irrelevant Dude
5-Time All-Star

Postby Irrelevant Dude » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:21 am

I have been considering getting a new home pinstripe jersey (no number on the back) for awhile and can't decide whether to buy one now with the World Series Champions patch or just wait until next year and buy the regular non-patched version. The patches are cool, but I'm not sure how cool the 2016 patch will be 4 years from now after we have won 3 championships.
0 x
Retired User Name: Jody, Jody Davis (2005-2012)

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:25 am

That entire thread was summed up so beautifully in a single post

Jehrico wrote:So, you work in the peace corps, and you're okay with living in a hut in a third world country working for peanuts, but you're complaining because you can't figure out what to do with $50 in food that you'd rather let spoil because you don't want to take up your roommates space in the freezer because you didn't want to spend $10 on an antennae during the superbowl?
0 x

JasonMath
Role Player

Postby JasonMath » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:25 am

No worries, I'm the same as well. I might get one World Series championship shirt, but I'm more interested in the memorabilia. I already got a nicely made NL Central pennant and an NLCS pennant for this year, and I hope to get a World Series championship pennant to hang on the wall. I also bought two nicely framed pictures (16" by 20") at my local Costco today - one had the team on Wrigley Field wearing the NL Championship t-shirts, and the other had photos of West Side Grounds in 1908 and Wrigley Field in 2016 (with the team logos from both years). One of the employees at Costco also said that there was a shipment of World Series t-shirts expected tomorrow or early next week, so if you don't want to pay $28 for one (and you live in the Chicago area), Costco will probably have them at a significantly cheaper price.
0 x
My record at Cubs games:

2016: 2-0 (1-0 at Wrigley Field, 1-0 at Miller Park)
2017: 4-4

Sosa21MVP
5-Time All-Star

Postby Sosa21MVP » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:34 am

Anybody order online and actually have anything ship yet? Blech.
0 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:03 am

Cubswin11 wrote:

I feel the same. I'll get maybe 1 World Series apparel thing but mostly just stick to plaques, pictures, banner stuff for it. Maybe get a NLCS/generic playoff Cubs thing too when they hit major discounts

im of two minds where i want all of it but i also know in 2018 ill be like what do i do with this shirt it's weird.

i definitely want the beanie and all the blurays
0 x

gobigred
Starter

Postby gobigred » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:15 am

I bought 2 tshirts through fanatics....a long sleeve t and a eamus catuli ac00000000 shirt they have been shipped
0 x

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:21 am

lol I still wear my 2007 division champion hoodie, of course I'm getting world series apparel and I'm going to wear them forever
3 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:25 am

rocket wrote:lol I still wear my 2007 division champion hoodie, of course I'm getting world series apparel and I'm going to wear them forever

hell yes, and let's not pretend 2016 WS champ gear wouldn't still be awesome after 1, 2, or 15 more trophies
1 x

CoolHandLuke
All-Star

Postby CoolHandLuke » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:33 am

So what this press plate thing you speak of and would it look nice framed on a wall?
0 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:35 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
doublebubble wrote:

To be clear, even if you plan on wearing that championship shirt once a week until it unravels, that's cool with me. I was just curious how common my approach was given the shutupandtakemymoney.gif reaction I'd seen thus far.

Man, I'm right there with you. I'm soooooo happy to see the Cubs win it all: total disbelief even though i knew at the end of last year they were on their way. But all the "in the moment" merchandise is blah

I'm happy with my Rizzo, Santo, whatever jerseys.
0 x

bhogg
Game Thread Pimp

Postby bhogg » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:42 am

If a cardinal fan can throw a 1967 WS title and 11 rings blah blah blah in my face, I can wear a '16 WS champs shirt for the next bazillion years. Screw the haters.

After the game I was up at 2am buying stuff. Ended up with the 3 tickets / coin frame; baseball; 3 t-shirts, hat, and Jon Lester jersey. Was time to replace the cub t-shirt rotation anyway and this post season has certainly done that!

I bought everything on fanatics.com -- great for the big and tall (aka FAT) guys like me. Tons of options.
1 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:46 am

bhogg wrote:If a cardinal fan can throw a 1967 WS title and 11 rings blah blah blah in my face, I can wear a '16 WS champs shirt for the next bazillion years. Screw the haters.

After the game I was up at 2am buying stuff. Ended up with the 3 tickets / coin frame; baseball; 3 t-shirts, hat, and Jon Lester jersey. Was time to replace the cub t-shirt rotation anyway and this post season has certainly done that!

I bought everything on fanatics.com -- great for the big and tall (aka FAT) guys like me. Tons of options.

Why not just get a Heyward jersey?
0 x

bhogg
Game Thread Pimp

Postby bhogg » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:00 am

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
bhogg wrote:If a cardinal fan can throw a 1967 WS title and 11 rings blah blah blah in my face, I can wear a '16 WS champs shirt for the next bazillion years. Screw the haters.

Why not just get a Heyward jersey?

Well, you know. . . what if he opts out after a couple years? Jon Lester will still be a Cub in 4 or 5 years.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:07 am

Hendricks should get a 15 year contract and be a Cub for life. They should retire his jersey as an active player.

Get Hendricks.
1 x

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:11 am

i grabbed a t-shirt, a long sleeve t-shirt, a hat (regular cubs w/the WS Champs patch on the side) and a garden flag.

i'll probably grab the world series trophy paper weight for my desk (have a 2013 and 2015 stanley cup puck there, so i need something cubs related).

will probably grab some more stuff too. definitely asking for the blu ray set for christmas. want a cubs zip hoodie but will probably get a generic/not world series one.

yeah, i'm very much shutupandtakemymoney.gif right now
1 x

Butterscup
Hall of Fame

Postby Butterscup » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:12 am

oh also a 95% chance i buy that "We did not suck" shirt
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:12 am

Derwood wrote:I'm waiting for the "second wave" of t-shirts to come out. I want one that's more subtle/clever than "2016 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS".

funny because that's literally all i want mine to say and i don't want it to be remotely subtle
1 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:15 am

I've got about $550 worth of stuff in my cart at mlb.com, but I'm sitting on it for a couple days to resist the impulse buy. I'll get at least one tshirt, probably one of the polo shirts and then a variety of stuff for my office desk / shelves / walls.
0 x
Spoiler: show

Return to “Cubs Discussions”