Theo Speak

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Theo Speak

Postby David » Tue May 03, 2016 3:30 pm

Banedon wrote:Whoa, you guys didn't know you could hover over the number? That would drive me nuts not knowing who was liking stuff.

I mean, I silently curse Mojo daily for requesting the likes because now I'm mildly obsessed with more fake internet points, as if Reddit wasn't bad enough.

what drives me more crazy is the arbitrary nature of the notifications on the likes. i have no idea why certain ones notify me and most don't.
4 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 03, 2016 3:31 pm

David wrote:
Banedon wrote:Whoa, you guys didn't know you could hover over the number? That would drive me nuts not knowing who was liking stuff.

I mean, I silently curse Mojo daily for requesting the likes because now I'm mildly obsessed with more fake internet points, as if Reddit wasn't bad enough.

what drives me more crazy is the arbitrary nature of the notifications on the likes. i have no idea why certain ones notify me and most don't.

Agreed. I just occasionally go into my profile and look at all the "like actions" to make sure I know. Cuz I have to know!!!
3 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Tue May 03, 2016 3:35 pm

I've apparently become a stingy old miser with giving out likes since the 2.0 reset
1 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue May 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:are you hovering over a zero

This is so, so good.
1 x
► Show Spoiler

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue May 03, 2016 3:38 pm

Hey, I was more hoping it would come with a dislike system as well.
2 x
► Show Spoiler

Tracer Bullet
fka mariners revenge

Postby Tracer Bullet » Tue May 03, 2016 4:09 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:hovering over a zero

This is Derwood's Built To Spill cover band.
6 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue May 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Derwood wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:are you hovering over a zero

I'm not THAT Derwoody

Alright got it. Just takes a second of not moving the cursor for it to pop. Intuitively, though, you WOULD hover over the heart and not the number, but whatevs

7 x
► Show Spoiler

Andy
Hall of Fame

Postby Andy » Tue May 03, 2016 5:46 pm

David wrote:

I get notifications every time, I think. But I also get far fewer likes than you.
1 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

Tracer Bullet
fka mariners revenge

Postby Tracer Bullet » Tue May 03, 2016 6:09 pm

Banedon wrote:
David wrote:

Agreed. I just occasionally go into my profile and look at all the "like actions" to make sure I know. Cuz I have to know!!!

I didn't even know this was a thing you could do. People really pay close attention to their likes and who liked their posts?
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue May 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Murton's Revenge wrote:
Banedon wrote:
David wrote:

I didn't even know this was a thing you could do. People really pay close attention to their likes and who liked their posts?

5 x
► Show Spoiler

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue May 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Murton's Revenge wrote:
Banedon wrote:
David wrote:

0 x
► Show Spoiler

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue May 03, 2016 6:40 pm

Murton's Revenge wrote:
Banedon wrote:
David wrote:

0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Murton's Revenge wrote:
Banedon wrote:
David wrote:

0 x

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Tue May 03, 2016 6:48 pm

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything, but the "like" thing seems like it would be cool for middle school kids. Yet, I respect those who it means something to. I'd be much more into it if 100 likes equaled free tickets or something.

I'm also anti-dong and anti-Castro, so being anti-like seems to fit my profile. I make no apologies.
1 x
Not saying it will happen, but the Cubs coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the World Series does seem like the appropriate way to cap off this season and make the 30-for-30 even better.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue May 03, 2016 6:51 pm

I don't think it "means" anything to anyone; it's just a goofy little feature.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Bryant's Disco Ball wrote:Yeah, I didn't want to say anything, but the "like" thing seems like it would be cool for middle school kids. Yet, I respect those who it means something to. I'd be much more into it if 100 likes equaled free tickets or something.

I'm also anti-dong and anti-Castro, so being anti-like seems to fit my profile. I make no apologies.

There you go....I gave you a like....doesn't that feel good?

0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue May 03, 2016 6:52 pm

Bryant's Disco Ball wrote:Yeah, I didn't want to say anything, but the "like" thing seems like it would be cool for middle school kids. Yet, I respect those who it means something to. I'd be much more into it if 100 likes equaled free tickets or something.

Pfft. Aren't some of us so grown up!

This place can be pretty brutal for errant or dumb posts/posters. A mechanism for positive reinforcement is almost necessary. The hearts are just a short-hand way of saying "I like what you did there. Please continue to waste your time on this silly site." Anyone spending any time here can't pretend they are above those lovely hearts. I think we ought to be able to like things multiple times. That Card fan nazi tat should have at least 9001 of em.
3 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue May 03, 2016 6:53 pm

5 x

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Tue May 03, 2016 7:07 pm

I knew I'd get bashed for the post, but felt I needed to speak out.

Plus, I was just hoping the free ticket idea might take off.

Now like this post, bitches!!!!!!
0 x
Not saying it will happen, but the Cubs coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the World Series does seem like the appropriate way to cap off this season and make the 30-for-30 even better.

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Tue May 03, 2016 7:09 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:I don't think it "means" anything to anyone; it's just a goofy little feature.

You have 713 of them and I bet it makes you feel sort of good when you get one. It's OK to admit it, just like admitting Starlin is a whatever as a baseball player.
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue May 03, 2016 7:12 pm

Bryant's Disco Ball wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:I don't think it "means" anything to anyone; it's just a goofy little feature.

You have 713 of them and I bet it makes you feel sort of good when you get one. It's OK to admit it, just like admitting Starlin is a whatever as a baseball player.

He has 768 of them. He has given out 713. Mostly because he is a giant whore.
2 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue May 03, 2016 7:13 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:

He has 768 of them. He has given out 713. Mostly because he is a giant whore.

He started off slow giving them out after the site reboot too...so he's made up a lot of ground.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue May 03, 2016 7:20 pm

Bryant's Disco Ball wrote:I knew I'd get bashed for the post, but felt I needed to speak out.

Nobody "bashed" you.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue May 03, 2016 7:20 pm

You seem to be really dwelling on this.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Tue May 03, 2016 7:24 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Bryant's Disco Ball wrote:I knew I'd get bashed for the post, but felt I needed to speak out.

Nobody "bashed" you.

Shut up, whore!
0 x

Return to “Cubs Discussions”