Albert Almora is insanely good

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Albert Almora is insanely good

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:42 am

looking.

No matter what he ends up being, we'll always have the fact that Kyle was wrong about his defense.
6 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Re: Albert Almora is insanely good

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:57 am

at macrame. I hear he made his dad some really nice shorts
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:13 am

-natured. Seems like a very likeable guy.
0 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame

Postby CubinNY » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:09 pm

Their team is great defensively.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:37 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:looking.

No matter what he ends up being, we'll always have the fact that Kyle was wrong about his defense.

what's crazy is with these guys if anything it's been the opposite of what he was saying . none of the scouting reports had guys like javy, addy, KB, etc. as great as they are defensively. of course, considering addy and JB were shortstops, they were supposed to be pretty good to good but there wasn't really talk of them being elite impact/difference making defensive players (in fact, some reports even questioned whether they could stick at SS)...and obviously there were some iffy reports on KB at 3B (not saying there weren't good ones too). i just don't think the scouting reports were as high as they should've been on these guys as defenders when they were coming up.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:52 pm

David wrote:

what's crazy is with these guys if anything it's been the opposite of what he was saying . none of the scouting reports had guys like javy, addy, KB, etc. as great as they are defensively. of course, considering addy and JB were shortstops, they were supposed to be pretty good to good but there wasn't really talk of them being elite impact/difference making defensive players (in fact, some reports even questioned whether they could stick at SS)...and obviously there were some iffy reports on KB at 3B (not saying there weren't good ones too). i just don't think the scouting reports were as high as they should've been on these guys as defenders when they were coming up.

That's a really good point. I remember going to see Iowa play a three-game series in OKC and thinking Bryant looked stiff and frankly too tall to play 3B. I was totally sold on Baez though, because he made a number of "Baez" plays in that series, and I had gone into it thinking of him as this error-prone lackadaisical goober
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:59 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
David wrote:

That's a really good point. I remember going to see Iowa play a three-game series in OKC and thinking Bryant looked stiff and frankly too tall to play 3B. I was totally sold on Baez though, because he made a number of "Baez" plays in that series, and I had gone into it thinking of him as this error-prone lackadaisical goober

i was notoriously off on KB's defense too. kept penciling him as LF when we'd post lineups going into 2015. saw him in the AFL game that was on TV and thought the exact same thing you did.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:01 pm

David wrote:

There were questions about Addy sticking at SS? I thought he had the "double plus hands".
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:07 pm

Banedon wrote:
David wrote:

There were questions about Addy sticking at SS? I thought he had the "double plus hands".

questions about his range/ability to keep weight off early on, and then also about his arm IIRC
0 x

illiniguy
Hall of Fame

Postby illiniguy » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Banedon wrote:
David wrote:

I only read questions about arm strength. Just never read he was a plus plus defender.
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:40 pm

illiniguy wrote:
Banedon wrote:
David wrote:

I only read questions about arm strength. Just never read he was a plus plus defender.

I remember the "doubleplus hands". Questions were about arm strength.
0 x

badger
5-Time All-Star

Postby badger » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:41 pm

Is he "person of color enough" for Mojo?
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:41 pm

badger wrote:Is he "person of color enough" for Mojo?

he was man crushing on him in another thread the other day
0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:44 pm

We might as well be the Handsome Boy Modeling School
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:49 pm

The Logan wrote:We might as well be the Handsome Boy Modeling School

according to mojo actually they're all hideous

iirc kris bryant's flaw is that he looks like a 12 year old girl's idea of a disney prince or something
0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:08 pm

If only we still had Soler
0 x

mul21
5-Time All-Star

Postby mul21 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:59 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
David wrote:

I saw Javy play in Peoria very early on and he was very clearly the best player on the field. Wasn't any question in my mind.
0 x
I like beer.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:04 pm

he was such a monster in the lower minors...if he can realize that at the big league level, mannnnnn

remember the 4 dong night? holy horsefeathering horsefeathers
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:07 pm

David wrote:
The Logan wrote:We might as well be the Handsome Boy Modeling School

according to mojo actually they're all hideous

iirc kris bryant's flaw is that he looks like a 12 year old girl's idea of a disney prince or something

Indeed; he crosses over from good-looking to some kind of uncanny valley simulacrum.

He is also accurately described as the type of dude straight dudes think it's "safe" to say is hot, which should always throw up a bajillion red flags.

Baez, IMO, would be the easy champion of handsomeness if not for the inescapable tattoo massacre. Tattoos themselves are not a automatically a deal-breaker, but his are just horrendous.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

badger
5-Time All-Star

Postby badger » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:15 pm

You shut your whore mouth about Javy. His smile and personality are dazzling.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Agreed, but his tattoos have ruined the canvas.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:27 pm

Like, he's bordering on Ed Sheeran-levels of terrible tattoo-dom.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:26 pm

0 x

Duke Silver
Superstar

Postby Duke Silver » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Over/under 100 career WAR for Albert Almora?
0 x

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Duke Silver wrote:Over/under 100 career WAR for Albert Almora?

I'll take the push.
2 x

Return to “Cubs Discussions”