It's HAPPening!

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Re: It's HAPPening!

Postby 17 Seconds » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:30 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Honestly makes me happy that 2 prominent Cubs posters may or may not have quit following the Cubs due to all the off the field horsefeathers. It shows that these actions do have an effect in the bottom line, even with non-casual fans, even if I personally don’t have the balls to quit.

treeman definitely did
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:35 pm

i really don't think the brewers had anything to do with anything

a - he was right and the brewers were luckboxes

b - people are constantly wrong on the internet, especially on sports message boards. nobody cares.

he was a smart and respected poster here and i'm sure he was well aware of that. i doubt he felt so much shame that he had to rage quit.
4 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Re: RE: Re: It's HAPPening!

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:36 pm

17 Seconds wrote:
David wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:
I guess you dont remember the game threads from 2018

not being a completely insane spaz about individual baseball games isn't a gimmick

i admit I'm a game thread spaz but that wasnt it at all. imb isnt a game thread spaz but he probably remembers what I'm talking about. I just think its funny to suggest that he left because of morals when that's not at all what happened. he quit after 2018 because he dug into his "cubs are gods and the brewers cant possibly beat us" shtick too hard and then didnt want to deal with it after they lost. like I fully admit my part and being a child, but he left because he was mad about the brewers stuff, it was obvious. It's not even neccesarily an insult, he had plenty of reason to be annoyed.
I pretty much agree with this. If the Cubs dynasty had unfolded like we all had hoped then Duke would have looked past the horsefeathers people in the organization IMO. 2018 probably put a lot of the fizzling fire out.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:40 pm

David wrote:i really don't think the brewers had anything to do with anything

b - people are constantly wrong on the internet, especially on sports message boards. nobody cares.

he was a smart and respected poster here and i'm sure he was well aware of that. i doubt he felt so much shame that he had to rage quit.

I mean it didnt have anything to do with the brewers specifically, it was because we would get into fights in every game threads. people (like me) would complain about the games and he would overcompensate by developing the shtick. Then the cubs actually did lose and he said horsefeathers it and left. Idk why people are acting like this didnt happen.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:01 pm

17 Seconds wrote:

I mean it didnt have anything to do with the brewers specifically, it was because we would get into fights in every game threads. people (like me) would complain about the games and he would overcompensate by developing the shtick. Then the cubs actually did lose and he said horsefeathers it and left. Idk why people are acting like this didnt happen.

I believe his legit reasons for leaving but I think he also got sick of the back and forth of the complaining to complain and no real substance to back the complaints when he was giving real reason and stats. But whatever I think he’s largely gone for good for whatever reasons.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:08 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:

I believe his legit reasons for leaving but I think he also got sick of the back and forth of the complaining to complain and no real substance to back the complaints when he was giving real reason and stats. But whatever I think he’s largely gone for good for whatever reasons.

everyone always agreed the cubs were better, it was never about that. it was about his unwillingness to admit they were vulnerable and that bad stuff could happen to them.
2 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:53 am

17 Seconds wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:

everyone always agreed the cubs were better, it was never about that. it was about his unwillingness to admit they were vulnerable and that bad stuff could happen to them.

Sure. That’s not why he left, imo. Talking to him he got fed up with some stuff here and the main thing was Ricketts/Russell.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:34 am

17 Seconds wrote: imb isnt a game thread spaz

0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:44 pm

lol
2 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:52 pm

The real reverse jinx fueling Kyle Hendricks’ career is me calling him a meaningless non-entity when we traded for him
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
5-Time All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:The real reverse jinx fueling Kyle Hendricks’ career is me calling him a meaningless non-entity when we traded for him

I've talked to some salty Cardinals fans that are still waiting for the pixie dust to wear off. (One of them is actually Keith Hernandez's daughter.)
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:22 pm

tops in isolated slg during past calendar year

happ.PNG
happ.PNG (77.05 KiB) Viewed 614 times
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:51 pm

sneakypower wrote:tops in isolated slg during past calendar year

happ.PNG

Yep, along with Schwarber, Eloy, Soler and even Castellanos.
0 x
Spoiler: show

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:10 pm

Spoiler: show
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Blatant false advertising. We all know he'd just scalp a drifter for hair like that.
5 x
► Show Spoiler

Named After Maddux
Starter

Postby Named After Maddux » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:02 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Blatant false advertising. We all know he'd just scalp a drifter for hair like that.

What do you think Restore is paying Happ for? He probably even forgoes a finder fee.
2 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:18 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Blatant false advertising. We all know he'd just scalp a drifter for hair like that.

there's a blood meridian reference in here somewhere...
2 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:39 pm

cl smooth wrote:

there's a blood meridian reference in here somewhere...

Schwarber = The Judge?
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Return to “Cubs Discussions”