Cubs open 2018 in Miami

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 75119
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2400
x 3621
Contact:

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:47 pm

UMFan83 wrote:The Cubs and Marlins will be the first scheduled game on Opening Day, at 11:30 AM CT, broadcast on ESPN:



(Edit: Just read the fine print..ESPN broadcast will be blacked out in Chicago, so guessing Len and JD on the call)


Apparently its going to be even earlier:

0 x
Win it for Fred

d_money
All-Star
Posts: 2113
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:57 pm
x 52

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby d_money » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:06 pm

Other than Muskats tweet, I haven’t seen anything re the start time being 10:40 ct / 11:40 et. Can anyone confirm?
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57836
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2081
x 6801

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby jersey cubs fan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:41 pm

d_money wrote:Other than Muskats tweet, I haven’t seen anything re the start time being 10:40 ct / 11:40 et. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/schedule/2018-03/list
12:40 eastern
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25406
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 29
x 2815
Contact:

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby Brian » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:57 pm

How many people are going to show up to this game as fans of the Marlins? 17?
0 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 75119
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2400
x 3621
Contact:

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby UMFan83 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Brian wrote:How many people are going to show up to this game as fans of the Marlins? 17?


There will be more Miami based Yankees fans there to see the first game of the Jeets era
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 33230
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1417
x 1297

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:08 pm

I'm not complaining but wow is that an early date for Opening Day.
0 x

User avatar
Duke Silver
Superstar
Posts: 10969
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 am
x 11895
x 8394

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby Duke Silver » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:19 pm

There's really no excuse to not go wire-to-wire in first.
0 x

d_money
All-Star
Posts: 2113
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:57 pm
x 52

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby d_money » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:38 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
d_money wrote:Other than Muskats tweet, I haven’t seen anything re the start time being 10:40 ct / 11:40 et. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/schedule/2018-03/list
12:40 eastern

Thanks. We’re gonna be in Orlando for SB and are gonna make the drive to Miami (3+ hrs). If the game was a night game, couldn’t make it. Tickets are ridiculously cheap. Tix for the games against the Red Sox in Ft Myers are probably more.
0 x

User avatar
Regular Show
All-Star
Posts: 1437
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am
Location: Chicago, IL
x 1268
x 373

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby Regular Show » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:08 pm

Duke Silver wrote:There's really no excuse to not go wire-to-wire in first.


The Cubs almost did that in 2016. Not a big deal, but yeah it'd be pretty cool.

Just need to sign Darvish and make him our opening day starter. I'm sure he'll dominate against that AAA squad Miami is running out...
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60273
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7349
x 4473

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby David » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 pm

0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
treebird
chinese food
Posts: 20636
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:25 am
x 2288
x 1413

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby treebird » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:22 pm

David wrote:


six straight days of baseball without an off-day to start the season is such a dream. honestly increases my enthusiasm for opening day by a significant amount.
9 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21060
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 4469
x 3721

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:27 pm

treebird wrote:
David wrote:


six straight days of baseball without an off-day to start the season is such a dream. honestly increases my enthusiasm for opening day by a significant amount.

Seriously. I know they don't want to overweight the schedule and not have teams have a home game for the first ~3 weeks (and also have teams load up on home games early in the year and not have as many come summer/school being out) but there has to be a way with all the warm weather/domed teams/cities to start the year where there's just games played in those cities that we don't need those stupid off days built in to the middle of series the first 1-2 weeks where it seems we have 3 off days a week until the end of April.

Milwaukee, Toronto, Atlanta, Miami, Tampa, Houston, Texas, Arizona, LA, LAA, SD, SF, Seattle, Oakland should all be home teams to start the year for about the first month to avoid those stupid off days and rain/weather/cold issues. Could probably even throw St. Louis and KC in there.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21060
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 4469
x 3721

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:20 pm

I’m thinking of heading down for the opening series. Anyone have experience going to the new Marlins stadium? Recommendations on hotels around the stadium, if any? Will I need to rent a car or would you recommend it?

I need to plan something to get out of this cold and am thinking of using the opening series for a long weekend. I have a flight voucher on Delta from a horsefeathers up they had over the summer on one of my flights so my flight will be free and figure outside of opening day tickets will be cheap and readily available.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

d_money
All-Star
Posts: 2113
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:57 pm
x 52

Re: Cubs open 2018 in Miami

Postby d_money » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:I’m thinking of heading down for the opening series. Anyone have experience going to the new Marlins stadium? Recommendations on hotels around the stadium, if any? Will I need to rent a car or would you recommend it?

I need to plan something to get out of this cold and am thinking of using the opening series for a long weekend. I have a flight voucher on Delta from a horsefeathers up they had over the summer on one of my flights so my flight will be free and figure outside of opening day tickets will be cheap and readily available.

Single game tix for the Marlins went on sale yesterday on their site. I got some good seats for opening day, face value $71 per. You might wanna jump on booking that flight as its spring break/easter that wknd.
0 x


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 11 guests