Addison Russell

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: Addison Russell

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:20 pm

was it Almora that had 2 different fiances in about a year or two?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:22 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:was it Almora that had 2 different fiances in about a year or two?

I think something like that. He was engaged then not engaged then engaged again (could've been to the same girl) then all the sudden there was a instagram or something of him in a courthouse getting married.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Banedon wrote:
Bryant's Disco Ball wrote:
Banedon wrote:
Um. Why are you bringing this up in this thread?

Because peeps started talking about cheating and morals and how that makes him a bad dude, and I was wondering for those who think that and are judging him for it - which is fine - how many have actually done worse things?

That's an irrelevant question. You can recognize flaws in others while having flaws of your own.

Totally. But then spare me the moral compass crap. Not you, just in general.
0 x
Not saying it will happen, but the Cubs coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the World Series does seem like the appropriate way to cap off this season and make the 30-for-30 even better.

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:32 pm

Bottom line? This is all Duke's fault for writing good stuff about Addy and jinxing him.
0 x
Not saying it will happen, but the Cubs coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the World Series does seem like the appropriate way to cap off this season and make the 30-for-30 even better.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:33 pm

Banedon wrote:
Because peeps started talking about cheating and morals and how that makes him a bad dude, and I was wondering for those who think that and are judging him for it - which is fine - how many have actually done worse things?

That's an irrelevant question. You can recognize flaws in others while having flaws of your own.

Nah. My "flaw" is judging others for treating their loved ones like horsefeathers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
0 x

Duke Silver
Superstar

Postby Duke Silver » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:33 pm

cl smooth wrote:infidelity is horsefeathering stupid no matter how you slice it. if you're not feeling the person you're with, talk it out/go to couples therapy, get a divorce or break up with them. plus there's children involved and the psychological ramifications and burdens they have to carry with them about their father cheating on their mother.

goony is right: have a moral compass.

Yeah, if it's just cheating, then I'm going to stay out of it. I will definitely look at a person differently if they are a cheater. I have a good friend whose dad cheated on his mom, and I know how much that tore him up. It was a good lesson for me growing up to not be a horsefeathering horsefeathers and to have a moral compass. But, I also have a friend who has been known to cheat in basically every relationship -- though never married or with kids. And I don't really know how to process that. I prefer to just view any act of infidelity as a private issue that isn't any of my business, while still recognizing that doing such a thing makes you a scumbag.

It's a touchy subject. But, that's not even an issue with me right now, thanks to the domestic violence allegations.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Banedon wrote:

This is an absurdly absolutist take; so nobody can ever have a critical opinion on the actions of someone else because they themselves are inherently flawed? The hell?
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Banedon wrote:
Banedon wrote:

Nah. My "flaw" is judging others for treating their loved ones like horsefeathers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If that's your biggest flaw, then judge away. You have earned that right.
0 x

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:36 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Banedon wrote:

This is an absurdly absolutist take; so nobody can ever have a critical opinion on the actions of someone else because they themselves are inherently flawed? The hell?

Nope. Just don't come off all high and mighty about it.
1 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Banedon wrote:

If that's your biggest flaw, then judge away. You have earned that right.

I have many flaws. And I'll judge whoever the horsefeathers I want cuz this is America and that's what we horsefeathering do.
6 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

Pot...meet kettle.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

I would like to lowly and meekly point out that addison russell is a douche
9 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:39 pm

Banedon wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Pot...meet kettle.

Nope. Not really.
0 x

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:40 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

I would like to lowly and meekly point out that addison russell is a douche

You'll get through this.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:42 pm

I think it can be assumed that Russell is to blame for Rizzo's earlier struggles, as he was plagued with guilt and doubt about his teammates infidelity while contemplating his own proposal.

You know he and Bryant have had to spend hours on end explaining to their ladies that, "nah honey, that's just him, he's the only one that I know of, we aren't all doing that."
0 x

Bobson Dugnutt
All-Star

Postby Bobson Dugnutt » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:47 pm

i can't stop laughing about the drinking and driving post
2 x

ScrubMD
5-Time All-Star

Postby ScrubMD » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:48 pm

Cheating makes you an horsefeathers no matter what, but I don't want to judge that part too harshly since I will never face the level or caliber of temptation that someone like Russell faces. I'd like to think I would not become a piece of horsefeathers, but who knows.

Hopefully that's all it is and the abuse part is just the friend exaggerating or something. If that part is true, I have no qualms judging that to the fullest extent of my judgmentalness.
0 x

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:49 pm

bd811 wrote:i can't stop laughing about the drinking and driving post

You're welcome.
0 x

champaignchris
Starter

Postby champaignchris » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Derek Jeter probably had the right idea how to handle things as a young baseball star...

Stay single, bang anything that moves, get married after you retire.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:

I've got a theory that the easily triggered, super protective types of accused male celebrities are basically just down the same spectrum from the notion that many Americans have that they're just temporarily inconvenienced millionaires; dudes think they're just momentarily delayed dongsmen who are THIS close to laying all that pipe they think they so richly deserve, so when they see one of their admired schlongswingers waylaid by accusations of abuse or assault or worse it hurts them. Not just in the sense that someone they are a fan of is revealed to potentially have some serious character flaws (or, again, worse)...no, it's something more personal; it's like it's an affront to the idea of what their own lives SHOULD be like. "These damn women and their false accusations, well, that's just messing things up and ruining a good thing for when *I* will inevitably be talkin' 'tang left and right like I'm supposed to ANY DAY NOW." It's so weirdly ingrained and pervasive that you see these guys just coming up with the most absurd and logic-twisting non-arguments to try and deflect....things, like, say, creating a stupidly simplistic and arrogant slice of absurdly unrealistic moral relativism, and then acting like OTHER PEOPLE are the ones acting all "high and mighty."

The world's a funny place like that.
2 x
► Show Spoiler

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:51 pm

champaignchris wrote:Derek Jeter probably had the right idea how to handle things as a young baseball star...

* to a bikini model half your age
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:53 pm

champaignchris wrote:Derek Jeter probably had the right idea how to handle things as a young baseball star...

And don't hit any of them
1 x
Win it for Fred

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

I've got a theory that the easily triggered, super protective types of accused male celebrities are basically just down the same spectrum from the notion that many Americans have that they're just temporarily inconvenienced millionaires; dudes think they're just momentarily delayed dongsmen who are THIS close to laying all that pipe they think they so richly deserve, so when they see one of their admired schlongswingers waylaid by accusations of abuse or assault or worse it hurts them. Not just in the sense that someone they are a fan of is revealed to potentially have some serious character flaws (or, again, worse)...no, it's something more personal; it's like it's an affront to the idea of what their own lives SHOULD be like. "These damn women and their false accusations, well, that's just messing things up and ruining a good thing for when *I* will inevitably be talkin' 'tang left and right like I'm supposed to ANY DAY NOW." It's so weirdly ingrained and pervasive that you see these guys just coming up with the most absurd and logic-twisting non-arguments to try and deflect....things, like, say, creating a stupidly simplistic and arrogant slice of absurdly unrealistic moral relativism, and then acting like OTHER PEOPLE are the ones acting all "high and mighty."

The world's a funny place like that.

Probably one of the most well-written things I have ever read on here, even if it was not flattering toward me.

ETA: I also think what Addy did makes him a douche. But I also have gotten two speeding tickets in my life, so I can't get too mad at him.
Last edited by Bryant's Disco Ball on Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:admired schlongswinger

Damn the broken ranks.
1 x

Duke Silver
Superstar

Postby Duke Silver » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:54 pm

I've drank and drove -- even got a DUI -- and I judge others for drinking and driving.
1 x

Return to “Cubs Discussions”