Addison Russell

Edith Cox
Starter

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Edith Cox » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:06 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:Do you think Aroldis Chapman did the things he was accused of?

I have no idea since I wasn't there. I do know people accepted that World Series win with him one of the best 25 players.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:08 pm

I don't know if Booth murdered Lincoln, I wasn't there
14 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:11 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Edith Cox wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:What threshold of domestic violence do you find acceptable?

None since I didn't him back, but Theo must found a level he accepted to bring him back.

Since he is back and that's out of my control I want the best 25 players and he's one of those right now.

Do you think Aroldis Chapman did the things he was accused of?

Well he didn't video tape himself doing those things while reciting his social security number and then signing an affidavit stating that the person on that tape is him so we can't be too sure.
1 x
Win it for Fred

Omar
Superstar

Postby Omar » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:13 pm

jamfan40 is this like, your 4th or 5th account here?
1 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:14 pm

Edith Cox wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Do you think Aroldis Chapman did the things he was accused of?

I have no idea since I wasn't there. I do know people accepted that World Series win with him one of the best 25 players.

Funny thing is that while I personally have a 0 tolerance policy for what Russell did, the initial point about 'if they aren't going to release him he should be on the 25 man roster if he's one of the best players' was perfectly reasonable even if I don't personally agree. But all the horsefeathers this guy has said since then to defend himself has extinguished his credibility.
0 x
Win it for Fred

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:16 pm

Omar wrote:jamfan40 is this like, your 4th or 5th account here?

I think he's the Trump alarm bells guy personally (or whatever it was that guy said about Trump's bat [expletive] actions)
0 x
Win it for Fred

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:17 pm

fwiw i am mad at Theo also
1 x

minnesotacubsfan
Superstar

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:33 pm

sneakypower wrote:fwiw i am mad at Theo also

for the Addison signing, who isn't?
0 x

d_money
All-Star

Postby d_money » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:38 pm

Derwood wrote:I don't know if Booth murdered Lincoln, I wasn't there

Now that is funny.
0 x

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:39 pm

minnesotacubsfan wrote:
sneakypower wrote:fwiw i am mad at Theo also

for the Addison signing, who isn't?

this character here who is oddly insistent that we're all mad at the wrong guy
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Edith Cox wrote:Russell sucks off the bench

Finally, we got to the bottom of why anyone would still want him around.
22 x
► Show Spoiler

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:10 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:I'm glad to see this clown is continuing the trend of new user accounts here being utter horsefeathers.

And yet Duke cruelly left us to walk the Cursed Earth.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Edith Cox wrote:Russell sucks off the bench

Finally, we got to the bottom of why anyone would still want him around.

4 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Omar wrote:jamfan40 is this like, your 4th or 5th account here?

I think he's the Trump alarm bells guy personally (or whatever it was that guy said about Trump's bat [expletive] actions)

Bring back Boris!!! (see sig)
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

FergieJ31
All-Star

Postby FergieJ31 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:23 pm

d_money wrote:
Derwood wrote:I don't know if Booth murdered Lincoln, I wasn't there

Now that is funny.

Funny, yes, but probably not the way he intended. I'll take Laughable Comparisons for $100, Alex.
0 x

Edith Cox
Starter

Postby Edith Cox » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:30 am

UMFan83 wrote:But all the horsefeathers this guy has said since then to defend himself has extinguished his credibility.

What have I said to defend Russell's off the field actions?

Just because I said I have no idea if Russell did all the things he was accused isn't defending him. He could have done ever more, exactly what was claimed or never stooped to physical abuse. We have no idea, only two people really know that really happened. MLB suspended him and the Cubs tendered him a contact after his ex wife gave her blessing on giving him a second chance. Yet fans don't want to move on like the victim and refuse judge his on the field numbers the same as another players.

Russell has the second highest OPS behind Rizzo's .866 in losses at .844 and has a .798 OPS in 38 starts yet people think he was costing us games because they can't see past the off the field stuff.
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:38 am

Edith Cox wrote:Russell has the second highest OPS behind Rizzo's .866 in losses at .844 and has a .798 OPS in 38 starts yet people think he was costing us games because they can't see past the off the field stuff.

1) This might be the most meaningless split I've ever seen
2) If you really want to use it...you're making the case that Russell's individual success is negatively correlated with the team success. So... :good: ?
1 x
Spoiler: show

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:28 am

Tim wrote:
Edith Cox wrote:Russell has the second highest OPS behind Rizzo's .866 in losses at .844 and has a .798 OPS in 38 starts yet people think he was costing us games because they can't see past the off the field stuff.

1) This might be the most meaningless split I've ever seen
2) If you really want to use it...you're making the case that Russell's individual success is negatively correlated with the team success. So... :good: ?

No... It's a dumb argument either way, but I'm pretty sure what he's saying is that even though people want to keep pointing to the Cubs bad W-L record when Russell plays, Russell has hit just fine in those losses, so how is he really to blame for those? It's all nonsense either way and mostly coincidence.

Either way, I'm glad this dip horsefeathers is off the team.
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:24 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
Derwood wrote:I don't think he's as dumb as D.Rose. Rose was genuinely an idiot. Like "can barely read" dumb.

Russell seems more like a lazy and entitled brat who doesn't think it's important to know things he should know, and thinks he can get away with things he shouldn't get away with.

are we sure Russell can read?

Only if the words he's reading are not on a sign. He can't read signs.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:06 pm

Edith Cox wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:But all the horsefeathers this guy has said since then to defend himself has extinguished his credibility.

Just because I said I have no idea if Russell did all the things he was accused isn't defending him. He could have done ever more, exactly what was claimed or never stooped to physical abuse. We have no idea, only two people really know that really happened. MLB suspended him and the Cubs tendered him a contact after his ex wife gave her blessing on giving him a second chance. Yet fans don't want to move on like the victim and refuse judge his on the field numbers the same as another players.

Russell has the second highest OPS behind Rizzo's .866 in losses at .844 and has a .798 OPS in 38 starts yet people think he was costing us games because they can't see past the off the field stuff.

I’m all for second chances when they are deserved, just not with my team who have already went out of their way to acquire another abuser and a homophobe not to mention an ownership who routinely does horrible things like racist emails and tax evasion. Russell’s words and actions since his suspension have done nothing to make me feel he’s deserved another chance and actually have made me less sympathetic as he clearly doesn’t get why people are so angry at him.

There’s more important things out there than baseball ability. Think of what the Cubs are saying to their female fans when they willingly employ these people. Think about what they are saying to their gay fans, their minority fans. I want the Cubs to win and get angry and frustrated when they don’t, but there’s a bigger picture out there and the Cubs are missing it.
1 x
Win it for Fred

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:17 pm

Edith Cox wrote:

I bet you believe OJ was not guilty too.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:24 pm

Old Style wrote:
Edith Cox wrote:

I bet you believe OJ was not guilty too.

...but OJ ran for over an average of 70 yards in games his team lost! That's the highest level ever for RBs with over 1000 rushing attempts who wrote a book detailing how they would have killed their wife!
1 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

badger
5-Time All-Star

Postby badger » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:25 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Edith Cox wrote:

I’m all for second chances when they are deserved, just not with my team who have already went out of their way to acquire another abuser and a homophobe not to mention an ownership who routinely does horrible things like racist emails and tax evasion.

https://youtu.be/wpEaFmK3lrY
0 x

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:43 pm

Well, now he's one of our best 40 guys.
1 x

Edith Cox
Starter

Postby Edith Cox » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Old Style wrote:I bet you believe OJ was not guilty too.

No I think OJ did it since there is actually evidence linking him to the crime and a long history of police being called to domestic disputes.
0 x

Return to “Cubs Discussions”