Addison Russell

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17879
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1794
x 814

Re: Addison Russell

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:27 am

Janelle-Alexis wrote:................ #DontCare......................


how dare you soil Cutlers good name in all of this
2 x
Image

User avatar
philosophizer75
All-Star
Posts: 1118
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 am
Location: Maine
x 291
x 265

Re: Addison Russell

Postby philosophizer75 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:21 am

I did feed the troll earlier, I'll admit it.

But after the bit about us animals only looking out for PTR... Haha I don't think I'm gonna read the Addison Russell thread for a while. Possibly ever. What would I ever wanna see about him?

Maybe if there is ever a video of him going to pick up his paycheck and walking out of a Cubs facility lugging a wagon filled with two million nickels as his pay out the front door. I'd come back for that.
0 x
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

GaryWoods
All-Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: Mt. Sterling, Iowa
x 20
x 26

Re: Addison Russell

Postby GaryWoods » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:25 pm

Edith Cox wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:We’ve been over how it’s debatable he’s one of the best 25. Also we save money at this point by him being in Iowa. He had bonuses for days being on the active roster.


So you animals are happy food is being taken off his children's plates so a billionaire can save some money?


I'm fairly confident that Geoffreye O'Neal Addison Robert Watts Jr III's children aren't starving, but I'm sure that their baby mamas appreciate your concern.
1 x
"Well, I'm American, so he'll always be Ivuhn Duh-JEE-zuhs to me" - Uncle Bobby Collins on Ivan DeJesus, WGN radio, 1983

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67749
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 6272
x 6125

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Banedon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Edith Cox wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:We’ve been over how it’s debatable he’s one of the best 25. Also we save money at this point by him being in Iowa. He had bonuses for days being on the active roster.


So you animals are happy food is being taken off his children's plates so a billionaire can save some money?


We're happy a domestic abuser isn't achieving success. And we're happy that money can be saved and used on another player that doesn't abuse the women in their lives.

You can stop quoting his stats. We. Do. Not. Care. He could be hitting a home run every at bat and I'd never want to see him in a Cubs uniform again.
1 x

User avatar
KingCubsFan
All-Star
Posts: 3555
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
x 4
x 84

Re: Addison Russell

Postby KingCubsFan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Edith Cox wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:We’ve been over how it’s debatable he’s one of the best 25. Also we save money at this point by him being in Iowa. He had bonuses for days being on the active roster.


So you animals are happy food is being taken off his children's plates so a billionaire can save some money?

Given who we are talking about, it’s a big assumption that his salary is actually being used to take care of all of his kids.
1 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 23065
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 327
x 672

Re: Addison Russell

Postby CubinNY » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:35 pm

When I opened the thread I was hoping he was released, guess not.

I am not an animal, I'm a human being- John Merrick
0 x

User avatar
cl smooth
All-Star
Posts: 2288
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: brooklynnnnnnnnnn
x 3406
x 805

Re: Addison Russell

Postby cl smooth » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:43 pm

KingCubsFan wrote:
Edith Cox wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:We’ve been over how it’s debatable he’s one of the best 25. Also we save money at this point by him being in Iowa. He had bonuses for days being on the active roster.


So you animals are happy food is being taken off his children's plates so a billionaire can save some money?

Given who we are talking about, it’s a big assumption that his salary is actually being used to take care of all of his kids.


Image
1 x

Edith Cox
Starter
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 am
x 6
x 9

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Edith Cox » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Not shocked some of you people would rather the Cubs save a few hundred grand so Todd can find a way to funnel it Trumps re-election, rather than see a man's children have a better life after his ex-wive said she wants him to be able to play for that reason. I hope you guys don't get mad when he has to pay child support witch rolled up change he's saved. #FilthyAnimials
0 x

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1311
x 1540

Re: Addison Russell

Postby squally1313 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:32 pm

Edith Cox wrote:Not shocked some of you people would rather the Cubs save a few hundred grand so Todd can find a way to funnel it Trumps re-election, rather than see a man's children have a better life after his ex-wive said she wants him to be able to play for that reason. I hope you guys don't get mad when he has to pay child support witch rolled up change he's saved. #FilthyAnimials


horsefeathers people are worse than people who support horsefeathers people (though the line is getting increasingly blurry). Also Addison Russell has made more money in his life than probably 99.9% of other 25 year olds, so we can probably stop with the whole 'food on the plate' narrative. If he's that worried about his kids, he can go find a job like everyone else does.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82756
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13619
x 16017

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:33 pm

Image

#TeamStarvingKids
0 x
► Show Spoiler

cubfan
Role Player
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:44 pm

Re: Addison Russell

Postby cubfan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:02 pm

squally1313 wrote:
Edith Cox wrote:Not shocked some of you people would rather the Cubs save a few hundred grand so Todd can find a way to funnel it Trumps re-election, rather than see a man's children have a better life after his ex-wive said she wants him to be able to play for that reason. I hope you guys don't get mad when he has to pay child support witch rolled up change he's saved. #FilthyAnimials


horsefeathers people are worse than people who support horsefeathers people (though the line is getting increasingly blurry). Also Addison Russell has made more money in his life than probably 99.9% of other 25 year olds, so we can probably stop with the whole 'food on the plate' narrative. If he's that worried about his kids, he can go find a job like everyone else does.


Who would hire him?
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 29027
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 42
x 5106
Contact:

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Brian » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:05 pm

His mom can probably help him get a job as a cook at TGI Fridays
0 x

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1311
x 1540

Re: Addison Russell

Postby squally1313 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:06 pm

cubfan wrote:
squally1313 wrote:
Edith Cox wrote:Not shocked some of you people would rather the Cubs save a few hundred grand so Todd can find a way to funnel it Trumps re-election, rather than see a man's children have a better life after his ex-wive said she wants him to be able to play for that reason. I hope you guys don't get mad when he has to pay child support witch rolled up change he's saved. #FilthyAnimials


horsefeathers people are worse than people who support horsefeathers people (though the line is getting increasingly blurry). Also Addison Russell has made more money in his life than probably 99.9% of other 25 year olds, so we can probably stop with the whole 'food on the plate' narrative. If he's that worried about his kids, he can go find a job like everyone else does.


Who would hire him?


There's between 1m and 3m cases of domestic abuse reported every year in the United States. I hardly think it makes someone unemployable, especially not long term. But keeping him in the public eye, selling his jerseys, etc...it's pretty gross to me.
1 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82756
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13619
x 16017

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:06 pm

cubfan wrote:Who would hire him?


Image
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Edith Cox
Starter
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 am
x 6
x 9

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Edith Cox » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:27 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:Also, just glanced at FG & saw Russell with a 111 wRC+ during his time at Iowa this year. #prettymehh



It was a 122 after yesterday game, but will go up again after today.

In today's game he homered for the 3rd game in a row going 1-for-2 with a pair of HBP. His OPS on the year in Iowa is .987 which leads the team even better than Robel, and in 14 games sent getting sent down .362/.441/.702/1.143.
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 71128
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1334
x 2730

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Derwood » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:30 pm

Image
0 x

User avatar
itisallpartoftheplan
All-Star
Posts: 4692
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 pm
x 131
x 1133

Re: Addison Russell

Postby itisallpartoftheplan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:34 pm

Edith Cox wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:Also, just glanced at FG & saw Russell with a 111 wRC+ during his time at Iowa this year. #prettymehh



It was a 122 after yesterday game, but will go up again after today.

In today's game he homered for the 3rd game in a row going 1-for-2 with a pair of HBP. His OPS on the year in Iowa is .987 which leads the team even better than Robel, and in 14 games sent getting sent down .362/.441/.702/1.143.


One thing Russell talked about before his call up was learning to take responsibility for his actions.

He continued to deflect blame in his personal and baseball life for his mistakes. Hopefully he does become a better human being and one of those steps is taking responsibility.

He may be one of the best 25 players, but he’s not currently among the best 25 teammates or people.
0 x
-The Plan worked!!

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82756
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13619
x 16017

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:49 pm

I agree that more HBPs for Russell are a good thing. Break something and bring on the starving kids.
1 x
► Show Spoiler

Edith Cox
Starter
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 am
x 6
x 9

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Edith Cox » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 am

itisallpartoftheplan wrote:
Edith Cox wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:Also, just glanced at FG & saw Russell with a 111 wRC+ during his time at Iowa this year. #prettymehh



It was a 122 after yesterday game, but will go up again after today.

In today's game he homered for the 3rd game in a row going 1-for-2 with a pair of HBP. His OPS on the year in Iowa is .987 which leads the team even better than Robel, and in 14 games sent getting sent down .362/.441/.702/1.143.


One thing Russell talked about before his call up was learning to take responsibility for his actions.

He continued to deflect blame in his personal and baseball life for his mistakes. Hopefully he does become a better human being and one of those steps is taking responsibility.

He may be one of the best 25 players, but he’s not currently among the best 25 teammates or people.


He talked about missing some signs on his own and was rewarded by getting sent to the minors. People called him dumb for that, then also rip him when he doesn't.
0 x

User avatar
itisallpartoftheplan
All-Star
Posts: 4692
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 pm
x 131
x 1133

Re: Addison Russell

Postby itisallpartoftheplan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:05 am

Edith Cox wrote:
itisallpartoftheplan wrote:
Edith Cox wrote:

It was a 122 after yesterday game, but will go up again after today.

In today's game he homered for the 3rd game in a row going 1-for-2 with a pair of HBP. His OPS on the year in Iowa is .987 which leads the team even better than Robel, and in 14 games sent getting sent down .362/.441/.702/1.143.


One thing Russell talked about before his call up was learning to take responsibility for his actions.

He continued to deflect blame in his personal and baseball life for his mistakes. Hopefully he does become a better human being and one of those steps is taking responsibility.

He may be one of the best 25 players, but he’s not currently among the best 25 teammates or people.


He talked about missing some signs on his own and was rewarded by getting sent to the minors. People called him dumb for that, then also rip him when he doesn't.


It was more than that. Don’t be ignorant.
0 x
-The Plan worked!!

Edith Cox
Starter
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 am
x 6
x 9

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Edith Cox » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:09 am

itisallpartoftheplan wrote:It was more than that. Don’t be ignorant.


Did he get sent down for his .798 OPS as a starter or the .800+ OPS he had the month leading up to getting sent down?
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82756
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13619
x 16017

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:18 am

For generally sucking at baseball and the end result being the completely unremarkable OPS you keep sweatily kneading your milky pud over.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
itisallpartoftheplan
All-Star
Posts: 4692
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 pm
x 131
x 1133

Re: Addison Russell

Postby itisallpartoftheplan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:26 am

Edith Cox wrote:
itisallpartoftheplan wrote:It was more than that. Don’t be ignorant.


Did he get sent down for his .798 OPS as a starter or the .800+ OPS he had the month leading up to getting sent down?


Part of it was the play at 2nd against the Pirates where he threw home and took none of the blame, which is a main issue they wanted him to work on. Improving as a person, if he’s going to deflect there he’s going to deflect elsewhere.

If the Cubs are sincere about helping him be a better person there has to be consequences for show seeds of his previous(edit: or normal) behavior.
0 x
-The Plan worked!!

Edith Cox
Starter
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat May 11, 2019 7:34 am
x 6
x 9

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Edith Cox » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:32 am

That play vs the Pirates was three weeks before they sent him down, and he later came out about the signs on his own.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 82756
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 13619
x 16017

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:36 am

The 82nd time he hurls his bat into the stands like a complete [expletive] will be the time he calls a press conference to symbolically burn his Pokemon cards and pledge that he's finally decided to put childish things behind him and really buckle down on this baseball thing.
0 x
► Show Spoiler


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests