Addison Russell

Neuby
All-Star

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Neuby » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:35 pm

I'm talking about baby mama 2 situation that just came today. I'm asking the I'll never spend another dollar on the Cubs ect crowd how do you justify watching NBA/NFL were this behavior is a common occurrence?
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Neuby wrote:Russell being an absentee dad to his illegitimate son is horrible but not really a story or a problem for me if it was I wouldn't be able to watch a single NFL or NBA game. It's petty to pay in change and quarters but it's also petty to air your grievances on social media.

What is it exactly about the NBA and NFL that you are referring to in this, and the 2nd post?
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Neuby wrote:I'm talking about baby mama 2 situation that just came today. I'm asking the I'll never spend another dollar on the Cubs ect crowd how do you justify watching NBA/NFL were this behavior is a common occurrence?

You're assuming that we all also watch the NBA or the NFL. You're also acting like this (domestic abuse) isn't a "common occurrence" in baseball. You're also acting like simply watching a game automatically means someone is making money for a team.

Basically your priorities in all of this are calling out the people fed up with it as opposed to the abhorrent human being the Cubs are willfully employing as a player.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Neuby
All-Star

Postby Neuby » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:44 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Neuby wrote:I'm talking about baby mama 2 situation that just came today. I'm asking the I'll never spend another dollar on the Cubs ect crowd how do you justify watching NBA/NFL were this behavior is a common occurrence?

You're assuming that we all also watch the NBA or the NFL. You're also acting like this (domestic abuse) isn't a "common occurrence" in baseball. You're also acting like simply watching a game automatically means someone is making money for a team.

Basically your priorities in all of this are calling out the people fed up with it as opposed to the abhorrent human being the Cubs are willfully employing as a player.

Sorry to assume you guys watch other sports in between posting. Baby momma #2 isn't talking about domestic abuse at all. Don't make that leap. She's mad she got paid in small bills and quarters and that Russell isn't in the babies life. The domestic abuse "occurrences" in football are on another level compared to baseball.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:48 pm

Neuby wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

Sorry to assume you guys watch other sports in between posting. Baby momma #2 isn't talking about domestic abuse at all. Don't make that leap. She's mad she got paid in small bills and quarters and that Russell isn't in the babies life. The domestic abuse "occurrences" in football are on another level compared to baseball.

What is it about the NHL that allowed it to get a pass? Hmmm. HMMMMMMMMMMM.
7 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Neuby wrote: The domestic abuse "occurrences" in football are on another level compared to baseball.

5 x
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Rob
Superstar

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Yeah, Russell needs to go. Yesterday.

I'm so sick and tired of seeing the Cubs walk down this ugly path. Ever since they brought Aroldis Chapman in, this team has become harder and harder to cheer for.
0 x

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Postby sneakypower » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:00 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:It's 100000000000000% inexcusable that he is still on this team. I mean, it already was, but after reading just those excerpts...what the horsefeathers is this organization even doing? It's rotten from top to bottom.

during this whole saga, Theo is basically Homer watching the pig fly

"it's just a little bit of domestic violence, he's still good..."
3 x

Janelle-Alexis
Role Player

Postby Janelle-Alexis » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:08 pm

Neuby wrote:It's petty to pay in change and quarters but it's also petty to air your grievances on social media.

If you don't want it known publically that you're a petty douchebag, don't be a petty douchebag. That you feel entitled to garbage behavior being kept secret says some scary things about you.
0 x

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:09 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Neuby wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:

What is it about the NHL that allowed it to get a pass? Hmmm. HMMMMMMMMMMM.

"And don't even get me started on 'rap music'"
5 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:12 pm

I never thought I would say this but this whole thing is so distasteful that I really dont want to watch the games while he's on the roster

i know this is easy for me to say given that i already watched them win a world series with chapman on the mound and that it's not like everything will be 100 percent A-OK the second after they get rid of Russell but I just feel like I've had enough of this horsefeathers. The Ricketts deal, this horsefeathers, it's just too much
7 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:14 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:I never thought I would say this but this whole thing is so distasteful that I really dont want to watch the games while he's on the roster

i know this is easy for me to say given that i already watched them win a world series with chapman on the mound and that it's not like everything will be 100 percent A-OK the second after they get rid of Russell but I just feel like I've had enough of this horsefeathers. The Ricketts deal, this horsefeathers, it's just too much

I'm curious how many will do this on this board. It would be a hell of a statement.
0 x
Not saying it will happen, but the Cubs coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the World Series does seem like the appropriate way to cap off this season and make the 30-for-30 even better.

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Bryant's Disco Ball wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:I never thought I would say this but this whole thing is so distasteful that I really dont want to watch the games while he's on the roster

I'm curious how many will do this on this board. It would be a hell of a statement.

I'd like to think I'm as disgusted as everyone else by this, the potential Sinclair news, etc. But I also think it's pretty easy to make statements like this in the middle of December. For better or for worse, I dealt with Chapman, I dealt with Murphy, I've dealt with Russell even knowing parts of how he was a scumbag. Wrigley is my favorite place in the world, I finally got bleacher season tickets after waiting 15 years last year...this all makes me pretty sad, but I know I'm not able to give it up.
1 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:17 pm

A statement? Yeah, I can just imagine the headlines now...

I think it basically just comes down to your own personal conscience and sanity.

Btw, anyone know a good tat removal service?
0 x
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Neuby wrote:Sorry to assume you guys watch other sports in between posting.

You were assuming everyone also watches the NBA and the NFL.

Baby momma #2 isn't talking about domestic abuse at all. Don't make that leap. She's mad she got paid in small bills and quarters and that Russell isn't in the babies life.

Just stop. That you keep calling her that and dismiss what happened to her like it's nothing is ridiculous. That's not normal, acceptable behavior from Russell, or anyone else.

The domestic abuse "occurrences" in football are on another level compared to baseball.

Baseball players aren't a special segment of the population unlikely to be committing these types of crimes/abuses less than another segment, so you're just pulling this out of your ass because more football players have been caught to this point.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:22 pm

squally1313 wrote:

I'd like to think I'm as disgusted as everyone else by this, the potential Sinclair news, etc. But I also think it's pretty easy to make statements like this in the middle of December. For better or for worse, I dealt with Chapman, I dealt with Murphy, I've dealt with Russell even knowing parts of how he was a scumbag. Wrigley is my favorite place in the world, I finally got bleacher season tickets after waiting 15 years last year...this all makes me pretty sad, but I know I'm not able to give it up.

I'm not going to pretend I'm not enough of a hypocrite to just switch off a lifetime of Cub fandom over all of this, but I am dead serious about not directly giving the team any of my dollars. Yeah, I'll watch games, but I'm not paying for a damn thing.
2 x
► Show Spoiler

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:22 pm

squally1313 wrote:

jesus christ i forgot about murphy
1 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
squally1313 wrote:

I'm not going to pretend I'm not enough of a hypocrite to just switch off a lifetime of Cub fandom over all of this, but I am dead serious about not directly giving the team any of my dollars. Yeah, I'll watch games, but I'm not paying for a damn thing.

I think this is where I stand.
0 x
Not saying it will happen, but the Cubs coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the World Series does seem like the appropriate way to cap off this season and make the 30-for-30 even better.

Bertz
All-Star

Postby Bertz » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
squally1313 wrote:

Yeah I think that's the line I'm drawing too. I'm going to watch the games, because I frankly don't have the willpower not to, but I'm not buying tickets while Russell's on the team.

And one of the more striking things to this saga is that Russell's not even good anymore, which shows just how little of a crap the team gives. The Chapman thing was rightly described as a deal with the devil because they did something bad for a much better chance at the world series. At this juncture they are holding onto Russell because they'd rather pay him $4m to be league average than pay Jody Mercer $5m to be slightly worse. The stakes could barely be any lower for dumping him, and yet they're still plowing ahead. Unreal.
7 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
squally1313 wrote:

Yeah, it’s how I feel. I’ll still end up getting MLB TV so I can watch, but the yearly trip or 3 to Wrigley for games I’ll reconsider doing other trips and won’t be buying any new merch or apparel or whatever.
1 x
Screw Pitchers

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Bertz wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:
squally1313 wrote:

Yeah I think that's the line I'm drawing too. I'm going to watch the games, because I frankly don't have the willpower not to, but I'm not buying tickets while Russell's on the team.

And one of the more striking things to this saga is that Russell's not even good anymore, which shows just how little of a crap the team gives. The Chapman thing was rightly described as a deal with the devil because they did something bad for a much better chance at the world series. At this juncture they are holding onto Russell because they'd rather pay him $4m to be league average than pay Jody Mercer $5m to be slightly worse. The stakes could barely be any lower for dumping him, and yet they're still plowing ahead. Unreal.

Yup. Just cut him and sign Tulo for the minimum. I would assume that would be a plenty appealing spot for Tulo to come here with the playing time opportunities and we get this monster away. Whatever money we save on cutting Russell and signing Tulo should be sent to the moms and kids as well. Or something like that to take care of these women and children.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:04 pm

I really want to say I'd hit them in the pockets or whatever, but truth is, even if I say I wouldn't buy any merchandise (which I probably won't), if we sign Harper, I am probably buying all kinds of horsefeathers. No longer going to be a STH, but I probably still will attend some games next year, too. So, yeah, totally a hypocrite when it comes down to it.
Last edited by David on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:05 pm

David wrote:I really want to say I'd hit them in the pockets or whatever, but truth is, even if I say I wouldn't buy any merchandise (which I probably won't), if we sign Harper, I am probably buying all kids of horsefeathers. No longer going to be a STH, but I probably still will attend some games next year, too. So, yeah, totally a hypocrite when it comes down to it.

I bought my Harper shirsey last year so i'm good
2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:17 pm

David wrote:I really want to say I'd hit them in the pockets or whatever, but truth is, even if I say I wouldn't buy any merchandise (which I probably won't), if we sign Harper, I am probably buying all kinds of horsefeathers. No longer going to be a STH, but I probably still will attend some games next year, too. So, yeah, totally a hypocrite when it comes down to it.

horsefeathers, I'll still go to games; I'm just not spending any money. These are season tickets that someone else has already bought, so, whatever, I've got no qualms if someone offers me one of those. But if someone asks something like, "hey, I'm picking up tickets for next weeks' game; you want me to get one for you," I'm gonna bow out.

But the merch, forget it. I was looking to get some new jerseys and shirts since all the ones I had were too huge now, but, nah, can't do it.
1 x
► Show Spoiler

Bluescale
All-Star

Postby Bluescale » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:01 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:here is a new story about how much of a piece of horsefeathers addison russell is so what do you think phil rogers?

Holy horsefeathers! His argument is that being an abusive horsefeathers reduces the cost for the Cubs, so they should take advantage of that rather than doing the morally superior thing:

"...but Russell’s bigger-than-baseball issues provide salary relief that should keep them side by side in 2019..."

horsefeathers Phil Rogers right in the ear.
0 x
A toast to Darrel Sink - a lifelong Cubs fan. You'll be missed.

Return to “Cubs Discussions”