Addison Russell

squally1313
All-Star

Re: Addison Russell

Postby squally1313 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:07 pm

Bluescale wrote:
Ding Dong Johnson wrote:here is a new story about how much of a piece of horsefeathers addison russell is so what do you think phil rogers?

Holy horsefeathers! His argument is that being an abusive horsefeathers reduces the cost for the Cubs, so they should take advantage of that rather than doing the morally superior thing:

"...but Russell’s bigger-than-baseball issues provide salary relief that should keep them side by side in 2019..."

horsefeathers Phil Rogers right in the ear.

The silver lining is that you can just save the response thread to that in case you ever need an idea for a 'maybe you shouldn't have said that' gif, which I seem to need a lot these days.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:07 pm

He tweeted out the story again 2 hours later
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:12 pm

jesus phil, look both ways
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:45 pm

I'll be honest until the last couple of days my thoughts on Russell being with the Cubs next year were that I wasn't happy at all about it, my opinion of the Cubs went down and if it were up to me he'd be gone, but I began to grudgingly accept it. However these last few days have made me realize that not only is Russell a terrible person but he's a raging sociopath who has no business being in society much less on a professional baseball team. He cannot step on the field again as a Chicago Cub.
7 x
Win it for Fred

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:56 pm

The number of Russell apologists out today is sickening
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:02 pm

Derwood wrote:The number of Russell apologists out today is sickening

where
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

ScrubMD
5-Time All-Star

Postby ScrubMD » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:03 pm

I can see Theo's reasoning for trying to handle this in a way where they at least try to get something of some sort of value for Russell. He could see it as his responsibility to the other players or something. But if Russell ends up actually playing another inning for the Cubs, then they can all go f themselves.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:

where

Facebook, Twitter, other baseball sites
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 pm

Neuby wrote:Russell being an absentee dad to his illegitimate son is horrible but not really a story or a problem for me if it was I wouldn't be able to watch a single NFL or NBA game. It's petty to pay in change and quarters but it's also petty to air your grievances on social media.

sir we're at yikescon1

I'm pretty sure airing of grievences on social media is excused during the festivus season.
0 x

Brian707
All-Star

Postby Brian707 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:07 pm

where

Check out the ChiCubs reddit page

For instance:

TheGarreth wrote:We already knew Addison was a horsefeathers guy and I don't want him on my ball club but I could care less about child support disputes & such. Keep your dirty laundry to yourselves and please start exercising better discretion as to who you choose to conceive children with.
Last edited by Brian707 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:08 pm

Brian707 wrote:Check out the ChiCubs reddit page

For instance:

TheGarreth wrote:We already knew Addison was a horsefeathers guy and I don't want him on my ball club but I could care less about child support disputes & such. Keep your dirty laundry to yourselves and please start exercising better discretion as to who you choose to conceive children with.

Spoiler: he's not talking about the dude in that equation.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Hunter
Starter

Postby Hunter » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:21 pm

I generally like to let facts come out before I am willing to condemn someone. I also believe everyone deserves second chances and giving people the opportunity to apologize and move forward. I have been willing to give Russell such an opportunity and thought maybe the Cubs are doing the same. I can respect the Cubs if they honestly intended to do so.

However, the more that is coming out the more I too want Russell gone. The stories are troubling because they speak to an overall lack of character more so than Russell making stupid mistakes. His production hasn't been great, and his salary can't be an issue. The only thing I can fathom is the Cubs are either desperately trying to recover some value out of this situation, or this is all to stay in Boras' good graces. Neither reason is worth it, and he needs to go.
4 x

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:28 pm

For a team that needs to make five moves just to make one signing, it blows my mind that they aren't making the easiest move possible to free up $4 million dollars by setting free a horsefeathers person and player.
0 x
Not saying it will happen, but the Cubs coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the World Series does seem like the appropriate way to cap off this season and make the 30-for-30 even better.

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:05 pm

0 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:07 pm

it's going to take a lot more than smiley face instagram photos to change my opinion of you, addison.
0 x

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 pm

Ugh, so many apologists framing this entire situation as "hasn't HE been through enough??" ARE YOU horsefeathering KIDDING ME?
1 x

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:18 pm

I've seen it too, and I can't get myself to read through any of the Addison apologist/men's rights activist [expletive] all over the horsefeathering place.

Hell, I'm someone who used to regularly watch Fox News, and even occasionally stomach visits to dark places on the web such as The Daily Stormer, simply to educate myself more about how the full spectrum of morons to monsters view the world and craft their arguments. I can't get myself to have exchanges with the garbage people anymore.
0 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:30 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:

I've seen it too, and I can't get myself to read through any of the Addison apologist/men's rights activist [expletive] all over the horsefeathering place.

Hell, I'm someone who used to regularly watch Fox News, and even occasionally stomach visits to dark places on the web such as The Daily Stormer, simply to educate myself more about how the full spectrum of morons to monsters view the world and craft their arguments. I can't get myself to have exchanges with the garbage people anymore.

Yeah, that stuff is no good for you. I feel like I can get a decent idea of how horrible people can by just living life. No need to seek it out. Hell, a co-worker's husband decided the Christmas party was a great place to decry homosexuality. I barely got out of there without the Mrs taking a swing at him. I was kinda proud of her, but still.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:35 pm

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:

Yeah, that stuff is no good for you. I feel like I can get a decent idea of how horrible people can by just living life. No need to seek it out. Hell, a co-worker's husband decided the Christmas party was a great place to decry homosexuality. I barely got out of there without the Mrs taking a swing at him. I was kinda proud of her, but still.

It's really not good for the soul, but I can't help it.

Then I read horsefeathers like this:

Some women that want out of a marriage, provoke too the point of no return, knowing that a couple bruises and children involved will bring monetary revenge. They actually aren't happy unless the man is ruined. Women can be quite snarky bitches and that gets a pass a lot. I don't believe in hitting women period but a lot of them are provoking it too.

and wonder why I'm such a glutton for it.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:42 pm

cl smooth wrote:it's going to take a lot more than smiley face instagram photos to change my opinion of you, addison.

Is this actually from today? If so it looks like the comments are from Carl and Heyward
0 x
Win it for Fred

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:45 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
cl smooth wrote:it's going to take a lot more than smiley face instagram photos to change my opinion of you, addison.

Is this actually from today? If so it looks like the comments are from Carl and Heyward

yeah he posted it 5 hours-ish ago
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:49 pm

oh and if this wasnt a horsefeathers enough of a day, richard spencer's LIBERAL girlfriend wrote about what a great guy he is and they were both wearing cubs hats in the picture
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:06 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:oh and if this wasnt a horsefeathers enough of a day, richard spencer's LIBERAL girlfriend wrote about what a great guy he is and they were both wearing cubs hats in the picture

yes but that was days ago

try and keep up
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:07 am

Ok, then horsefeathers Carl and Heyward too, though for whatever reason when you click on all the comments, Heyward's doesn't show up, so maybe there's a chance he went in and deleted that one (no idea how Instagram looks). Also says 'Comments on this post have been limited', whatever that means.
0 x

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!

Postby big ball chunky time » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:09 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:oh and if this wasnt a horsefeathers enough of a day, richard spencer's LIBERAL girlfriend wrote about what a great guy he is and they were both wearing cubs hats in the picture

yes but that was days ago

try and keep up

i am reality's protagonist so it only matters when i see it
3 x

Return to “Cubs Discussions”