Addison Russell

Andy
Hall of Fame

Re: Addison Russell

Postby Andy » Thu May 09, 2019 3:28 pm

cl smooth wrote:
NOLA wrote:FWIW, it seems that Zo’s wife has deleted her twitter account.

and it seems all of the pictures of ben from her instagram.

That being said, it sounds like Joe Maddon believes whatever's going on may have affected Ben's play, so just because she did that IG stuff earlier this year doesn't mean this issue, whatever it is, just started recently.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

squally1313
All-Star

Postby squally1313 » Thu May 09, 2019 3:41 pm

Yeah late February/early March is right about in line with when he was late to Spring Training, back when we were all young/naive enough to think it had something to do with a Harper signing.

That being said, I've probably done more than enough essentially baseless speculation on the personal life of two people with a family. Hope he/they get through whatever is going on.
1 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Fri May 10, 2019 1:27 am

this is a guy who thinks he's done nothing wrong

“It’s been really, really nice to ‘fast’ in the social media world, I guess,” he said. “And I guess now’s a better time than ever for me to do that.”

“The thing is about being a millennial, we’re kind of drawn into the new-age stuff,” he said. “Maybe it’ll be a couple days, a couple weeks. I can’t say when the good time is to hop back on. But it’s been good for me and for my family. The vibe I put out is the vibe my family receives and my friends and teammates receive — and it’s not going to be altered by a troll or an angry beat writer or something like that.”

“I’m a baseball player for the Chicago Cubs,” he said. “I’m one of the dudes in this clubhouse. I’m one of the guys who go out there and put their [bodies] on the line. We do it because we love it. We want to win, and we want to bring another championship to Chicago. And if hometown fans want to boo someone that’s trying to help bring the team a World Series again, then that’s on them.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists ... ield-2019/
0 x

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Fri May 10, 2019 1:31 am

And if hometown fans want to boo someone that’s trying to help bring the team a World Series again, then that’s on them.”

Oh, he’s CLEARLY taken responsibility for his actions.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:40 am

He’s a bad, unrepentant person. I also think he’s just really, really stupid. Like he’s an abject moron with low IQ.
Last edited by Cubswin11 on Fri May 10, 2019 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

NOLA
All-Star

Postby NOLA » Fri May 10, 2019 1:45 am

Cubswin11 wrote:He’s a bad, unrepentant person. I also think he’s just a really, really stupid. Like he’s an abject moron with low IQ.

All those things, but also really, really immature. Not just in how he’s handle this situation, but he’s always seemed so.
0 x

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:51 am

NOLA wrote:
And if hometown fans want to boo someone that’s trying to help bring the team a World Series again, then that’s on them.”

Oh, he’s CLEARLY taken responsibility for his actions.

If Theo is serious about being a conditional return and he needs to make strides, this statement should be grounds to release him. He clearly doesn’t get it. At all. horsefeathers off Addison
2 x
Win it for Fred

Bryant's Disco Ball
5-Time All-Star

Postby Bryant's Disco Ball » Fri May 10, 2019 1:59 am

Cubswin11 wrote:He’s a bad, unrepentant person. I also think he’s just really, really stupid. Like he’s an abject moron with low IQ.

Take this to the politics board.

Oh, wait.
8 x
Not saying it will happen, but the Cubs coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the World Series does seem like the appropriate way to cap off this season and make the 30-for-30 even better.

Agony and Ivy
All-Star

Postby Agony and Ivy » Fri May 10, 2019 2:31 am

17 Seconds wrote:this is a guy who thinks he's done nothing wrong

“It’s been really, really nice to ‘fast’ in the social media world, I guess,” he said. “And I guess now’s a better time than ever for me to do that.”

“The thing is about being a millennial, we’re kind of drawn into the new-age stuff,” he said. “Maybe it’ll be a couple days, a couple weeks. I can’t say when the good time is to hop back on. But it’s been good for me and for my family. The vibe I put out is the vibe my family receives and my friends and teammates receive — and it’s not going to be altered by a troll or an angry beat writer or something like that.”

“I’m a baseball player for the Chicago Cubs,” he said. “I’m one of the dudes in this clubhouse. I’m one of the guys who go out there and put their [bodies] on the line. We do it because we love it. We want to win, and we want to bring another championship to Chicago. And if hometown fans want to boo someone that’s trying to help bring the team a World Series again, then that’s on them.”

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists ... ield-2019/

I feel like saying these comments are stupid let's him off the hook. He's either a narcissist or a sociopath, and I am leaning sociopath. He needs to be gone immediately. Theo et al don't really care about this though, they banned the guy in the seats the other day, so they've done their good deed.
5 x

cl smooth
All-Star

Postby cl smooth » Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 am

I wish he would be a dude in someone else’s clubhouse.
5 x

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Fri May 10, 2019 2:54 am

7 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri May 10, 2019 2:32 pm

cl smooth wrote:

I wish he would be a dude in someone else’s clubhouse.

just dudes being guys
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Post Count Padder
Superstar

Postby Post Count Padder » Fri May 10, 2019 10:04 pm

I don't think he's stupid. Everything he's done points to him being a sociopath. Regardless, he should be playing second base on the moon or something. There is literally no good reason to keep him on this roster. It's not even a personnel thing. We have Bote and Descalso. Happ is in Iowa (and so are Short and Machado and Adames and Giambrone and ...). There's several players on other rosters or are unsigned that would be adequate. It just makes no sense. Those comments from after the game are just even more proof. The front office may be hoping to get something for him like the Jays did with Osuna but it would be better to just outright release him.
2 x
formerly known as PriorPower
formerly known as the guy with Huston Street in his sig

:flythew:

SeldomSeen
Starter

Postby SeldomSeen » Sun May 12, 2019 2:24 am

horsefeathers Addison Russell.
2 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun May 12, 2019 12:50 pm

Love that this asshat has had multiple chances to be the hero of the game the last two days, and has managed to fail miserably almost every single time.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Forgotmyoldlogin
Starter

Postby Forgotmyoldlogin » Sun May 12, 2019 4:27 pm

A friend of mine who’s worked security at Wrigley has quit after the events of this past week. Here’s what he posted to Facebook, sharing with his permission.

Of course, it is appropriate that my last day not only go extra innings, but be cold and be raining from inning 3 through inning 15.

Of course, in my final week, the organization would welcome back a man who has been accused, punished, and suspended for domestic violence, saying that he will be held to a higher standard and that they should be a part of the solution and rehabilitation of the abuser. And yet, in his first "un-coached" quotes since coming back, the abuser did nothing more than prove that he has learned nothing, still doesn't understand the gravity and seriousness of the assaults he has committed. Of course, he has not been held to a higher standard, and clearly he is not going to be asked to uphold one. Words and actions that were nothing more than cosmetic and hollow to dry to blow past the storm instead of bracing and making choices to break the storm

Of course, there is also just the game of baseball, which I love, the team itself (Definitely not it's owners, definitely not it's organization), which I love, and the palace in which they play, which I love most of all. All of them together providing a week full of drama, joy and memories on the field. Three Walk-off homers in a 5 game span, a 4-2 week, games that will be remembered for a long time in a legitimate historical landmark that I've been lucky enough to call a second home for more than 5 years.

Some physical pain and discomfort, some joy and memories forever, and reminders that the machine behind it doesn't intend on being better. I'm not sure there is a better time capsule for my journey there than this week.

I leave with love in my heart for those of us at the ground level, trying to do the best we can to make the experience joyful for everyone with nearly zero support from the people who's job it is to run it. I leave with love for the place, its' beauty and its' history. And I leave still loving the game and the team.
2 x

stitchface
Superstar

Postby stitchface » Mon May 13, 2019 3:32 am

really mother's day would have been a perfect day to release this pos. tomorrow is good also.
0 x

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:03 am

You guys are only setting yourselves up for frustration and disappointment hoping they release him. It's not happening.
0 x

WrigleyField 22
Superstar

Postby WrigleyField 22 » Mon May 13, 2019 4:05 am

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:You guys are only setting yourselves up for frustration and disappointment hoping they release him. It's not happening.

Eh, same could be said for hoping they win a WS.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Mon May 13, 2019 10:47 am

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:You guys are only setting yourselves up for frustration and disappointment hoping they release him. It's not happening.

if he continues to suck and get booed long enough it will definitely happen
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Mon May 13, 2019 12:57 pm

And if the end result is he's traded for nothing after continuing to suck and be an awful human being, whatever; it's not like him getting released is the only way the FO has to eat horsefeathers getting him off this team.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:41 pm

I just don't see it happening. After his suspension was over they said he'd be in Iowa for a few weeks and he was up after 10 games. They pushed him right to the top of the pecking order. We've heard nothing about repercussions for his latest quote, or that anyone in the organization gave a horsefeathers about what he said or how he handled himself.

To me, it seems that they want him to be a Cub, and they believe he helps maximize the 25 man, probably giving them assurance at SS if Javy gets hurt.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon May 13, 2019 3:46 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:I just don't see it happening. After his suspension was over they said he'd be in Iowa for a few weeks and he was up after 10 games. They pushed him right to the top of the pecking order. We've heard nothing about repercussions for his latest quote, or that anyone in the organization gave a horsefeathers about what he said or how he handled himself.

To me, it seems that they want him to be a Cub, and they believe he helps maximize the 25 man, probably giving them assurance at SS if Javy gets hurt.

I thought there was an obviously PR rehearsed response after his stupid comments.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Flames24Rulz
Hall of Fame

Postby Flames24Rulz » Mon May 13, 2019 5:24 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:I just don't see it happening. After his suspension was over they said he'd be in Iowa for a few weeks and he was up after 10 games. They pushed him right to the top of the pecking order. We've heard nothing about repercussions for his latest quote, or that anyone in the organization gave a horsefeathers about what he said or how he handled himself.

you can find plenty of middle infielders that don't have a history of abusing women, and ones that have an OPS of .650. the Cubs have a couple in the minors that would qualify.

he's a terrible guy, and he sucks at baseball. i really don't understand why Theo is so attached at the hip with this dude.
1 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon May 13, 2019 5:29 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:

you can find plenty of middle infielders that don't have a history of abusing women, and ones that have an OPS of .650. the Cubs have a couple in the minors that would qualify.

he's a terrible guy, and he sucks at baseball. i really don't understand why Theo is so attached at the hip with this dude.

I think Theo views him as an undervalued asset rather than somebody he's tied to at the hip.
0 x

Return to “Cubs Discussions”