This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby David » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:45 pm

CyHawk_Cub wrote:Someone in the game thread called it correctly, I think: KB is becoming a RH Joey Votto.

When he was a prospect, I just accepted that we had a flawed masher on our hands; a guy who'd hit 35-40 dongs & K 150+ times a year. It's hard to fathom how good this guy is, to improve so much while in the bigs. Amazing.

the crazy thing is rizzo also drastically improved in these areas and became another votto like 4 years ago.

like we already had one guy decide to become joey votto while in the big leagues and now we have two
1 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:02 pm

David wrote:
CyHawk_Cub wrote:Someone in the game thread called it correctly, I think: KB is becoming a RH Joey Votto.

When he was a prospect, I just accepted that we had a flawed masher on our hands; a guy who'd hit 35-40 dongs & K 150+ times a year. It's hard to fathom how good this guy is, to improve so much while in the bigs. Amazing.

the crazy thing is rizzo also drastically improved in these areas and became another votto like 4 years ago.

like we already had one guy decide to become joey votto while in the big leagues and now we have two

Well....nu-Votto and Votto-ish.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:14 pm

David wrote:

Well yeah, that's true, but this is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is.
0 x

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:36 pm

David wrote:

rizzo is like votto in that he got his strikeouts to match his walks, but votto does that while walking way more and hitting well over .300. last year with the k and bb matching rizzo had a 133 wrc+. votto has eight seasons with a wrc+ of 155 or better.

i love tony but he isn't votto.
1 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Yes jeez I'm well aware of all that. Votto is clearly better. Sometimes I forget how careful I have to be with my words with you jamokes.
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:38 pm

David wrote:Yes jeez I'm well aware of all that. Votto is clearly better. Sometimes I forget how careful I have to be with my words with you jamokes.

Bruh. Come on. You, like the rest of us, jump on people all the time to correct for being just a little off with their baseball flimflammery. Along those lines, tossing it out there like Rizzo has been Votto 2.0 is pretty goofy.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Postby Derwood » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:48 pm

It's a shame he'll never stick at 3B

/obligatory
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
David wrote:Yes jeez I'm well aware of all that. Votto is clearly better. Sometimes I forget how careful I have to be with my words with you jamokes.

Bruh. Come on. You, like the rest of us, jump on people all the time to correct for being just a little off with their baseball flimflammery. Along those lines, tossing it out there like Rizzo has been Votto 2.0 is pretty goofy.

Yeah I know we're all pretty terrible huge dorks
1 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Derwood wrote:It's a shame he'll never stick at 3B

/obligatory

oh man this was me. I was convinced there was no way he could do it. I watched him one game in AAA (i am a scout) and he looked so bad so I just wrote him off, because i am a scout
2 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:46 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Derwood wrote:It's a shame he'll never stick at 3B

/obligatory

oh man this was me. I was convinced there was no way he could do it. I watched him one game in AAA (i am a scout) and he looked so bad so I just wrote him off, because i am a scout

I decided off of one AFL play from some game that was on mlbn that he was a future left fielder. For once I was wrong and CubinNY was absolutely right.

Also he was obviously not going to make enough contact in the big leagues bc Brett Jackson
0 x

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:37 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:

It was funny, in that red bull fantasy draft video, the guy was like "bryant is humble! he works on his weaknesses every offseason!" and bryant was right there putting his hands in the air and going "exactly!" and i was at home with my hands in the air going "exactly!"

One of the highlights of the World Series Parade, they were interviewing him and his dad on one of the buses and his dad was talking about what they needed to work on that offseason and Kris was like 'come on dad'.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:05 pm

For as annoying as the start has been at least we have one of the best 3-5 players in MLB

0 x
Screw Pitchers

UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:28 pm

RH Votto is catching on (at end of article)

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/k ... rld-series
0 x
Win it for Fred

Old Style
5-Time All-Star

Postby Old Style » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:05 pm

0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Should we be more worried about Bryant? We're quickly reaching the point where you start to wonder about a DL stint
0 x

CubmanPi
5-Time All-Star

Postby CubmanPi » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:46 pm

Towel drills, a brief rehab stint, and back in a month or two tops.
1 x
TOAD SUCK 4 EVER.

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:50 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Should we be more worried about Bryant? We're quickly reaching the point where you start to wonder about a DL stint

I’m worried since it seems like it’s a mental thing (understandably so) and not physical thing. I’m hoping to see him back tomorrow, a soft tossing lefty in Suter seems like a good guy to get him back in there against.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:29 am

He did BP.

I’m not sure I’d be happy if he came back sooner than today, to be honest.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:00 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Should we be more worried about Bryant? We're quickly reaching the point where you start to wonder about a DL stint

if he has symptoms, then he has to have a concussion, right? is there such thing as a borderline concussion? how do heads work?
0 x

Splendid Splinter
All-Star

Postby Splendid Splinter » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:10 am

17 Seconds wrote:

if he has symptoms, then he has to have a concussion, right? is there such thing as a borderline concussion? how do heads work?

I think it's more the case of they're making sure there's no symptoms developing as it can pop up days after the fact. I know after like 2-3 days, if there isn't any symptoms, then the chance of him having a concussion drops big time and he'll be good to go.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:59 am

Splendid Splinter wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:

I think it's more the case of they're making sure there's no symptoms developing as it can pop up days after the fact. I know after like 2-3 days, if there isn't any symptoms, then the chance of him having a concussion drops big time and he'll be good to go.

I'm hoping this is it and thought about it today too. Just being extra cautious to make sure there's no delayed reaction to make sure he's 100% and not re-setting the 10-day DL clock if he'd have to go. I also wonder if they felt some delayed symptoms could kick in after 2 plane rides in ~3 days and coming down from the altitude in Coors (if that's even a thing with concussions).
0 x
Screw Pitchers

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:47 am

Is gonna have that extended face flap on his helmet when he comes back?
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:47 pm

Banedon wrote:extended face flap

AKA how Rizzo describes a normal face.
2 x
► Show Spoiler

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:35 pm

1 x

champaignchris
Starter

Postby champaignchris » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Banedon wrote:extended face flap

AKA how Rizzo describes a normal face.

AKA a “Lackey.”
1 x

Return to “Cubs Discussions”