This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 66254
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 719
x 1473

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Derwood » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Just coming to post that. I was dying
0 x

badger
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7403
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:25 pm
Location: Denver
x 263
x 323

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby badger » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:39 pm

David wrote:
badger wrote:Should I have known that KB is mormon? Is this common knowledge?


It's at least been a rumor for a while.

Did I miss something in that video that had to do with that though?



No there was some comment that I was too lazy to find about him having likely having the ceremony in some Gaudy LDS church earlier in the thread.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 73294
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 7474
x 10000

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Wait, that's just a rumor? I thought all of the "Bryant can't handle his booze" jokes were because he was a known garment-wearer.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Cubswin11
Superstar
Posts: 19271
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 2992
x 2961

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:52 pm

I think Bryant and Harper being Mormons is pretty common knowledge

0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 65082
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3928
x 4008

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Banedon » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 pm

Tracer Bullet wrote:Try to hit it off the barrel.

I have to imagine there are a lot of reigning MVPs that wouldn't be so good natured about a smart ass cameraman.


It makes me at least mildly skeptical that KB didn't figure it out and was playing along a bit. But who cares, it's still funny.
0 x
Image

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36547
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 901
x 1213

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:05 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
But this one actually was funny


Works especially well with Maddux, a man who looks the farthest thing from being an elite athlete.
0 x
Image

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36547
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 901
x 1213

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Banedon wrote:
Tracer Bullet wrote:Try to hit it off the barrel.

I have to imagine there are a lot of reigning MVPs that wouldn't be so good natured about a smart ass cameraman.


It makes me at least mildly skeptical that KB didn't figure it out and was playing along a bit. But who cares, it's still funny.


Yeah, I dunno. Part of me thinks that and then part of me thinks that KB is just such a nice dude that he's not going to be an ass and is the type that goes along to get along.
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 59923
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 6929
x 4196

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby David » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Wait, that's just a rumor? I thought all of the "Bryant can't handle his booze" jokes were because he was a known garment-wearer.


They were mainly because he has been vocal about never having had alcohol (thought I'm not sure if he followed through on his claim that he'd drink World Series champagne) and then he has missed/been pulled from games on more than one occasion with "flu like symptoms."

I know it's been talked about that he's Mormon but I'm not sure it's ever been confirmed in any sort of way (like him saying so, or it even being in print as a fact).
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 59923
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 6929
x 4196

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby David » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:17 pm

OleMissCub wrote:
Banedon wrote:
Tracer Bullet wrote:Try to hit it off the barrel.

I have to imagine there are a lot of reigning MVPs that wouldn't be so good natured about a smart ass cameraman.


It makes me at least mildly skeptical that KB didn't figure it out and was playing along a bit. But who cares, it's still funny.


Yeah, I dunno. Part of me thinks that and then part of me thinks that KB is just such a nice dude that he's not going to be an ass and is the type that goes along to get along.


Yeah, I don't know if he was on to anything or not, but I wouldn't expect KB to respond any differently either way. He kind of gave an annoyed "that's the goal" or something as a response iirc.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
OleMissCub
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36547
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:32 am
x 901
x 1213

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby OleMissCub » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:20 pm

David wrote:
He kind of gave an annoyed "that's the goal" or something as a response iirc.


Yeah, an understated passive aggressiveness is about as ugly as I can imagine KB getting.
1 x
Image

User avatar
Tracer Bullet
fka mariners revenge
Posts: 17817
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:04 pm
x 251
x 539

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Tracer Bullet » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:33 pm

David wrote:
OleMissCub wrote:
Banedon wrote:
It makes me at least mildly skeptical that KB didn't figure it out and was playing along a bit. But who cares, it's still funny.


Yeah, I dunno. Part of me thinks that and then part of me thinks that KB is just such a nice dude that he's not going to be an ass and is the type that goes along to get along.


Yeah, I don't know if he was on to anything or not, but I wouldn't expect KB to respond any differently either way. He kind of gave an annoyed "that's the goal" or something as a response iirc.


yeah i think that's how you know he wasn't just playing along. That's probably super pissed KB.
3 x
Image

soccer10k
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36027
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Sacramento
x 769

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby soccer10k » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:58 am

David wrote:
Sammy Sofa wrote:Wait, that's just a rumor? I thought all of the "Bryant can't handle his booze" jokes were because he was a known garment-wearer.


They were mainly because he has been vocal about never having had alcohol (thought I'm not sure if he followed through on his claim that he'd drink World Series champagne) and then he has missed/been pulled from games on more than one occasion with "flu like symptoms."

I know it's been talked about that he's Mormon but I'm not sure it's ever been confirmed in any sort of way (like him saying so, or it even being in print as a fact).


I feel like it was usually day games that he missed which fueled the speculation.
0 x
In Theo we trust.

User avatar
Sammys Boombox
Formerly eb14play2
Posts: 5490
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO
x 720
x 275

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Sammys Boombox » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:39 pm

At 3:47 PM on Monday, March 20 my wife delivered our son, Bryant.

I guess I need to pick up one of these for him.

Looks like I already have another Sports Illusrated to buy for his collection.

Image
6 x
CUBS PACKERS MIZZOU

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 65082
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3928
x 4008

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Banedon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Congrats!

Your pic is a little cut off...here's the whole thing.

Image
1 x
Image

User avatar
Sammys Boombox
Formerly eb14play2
Posts: 5490
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:52 pm
Location: Kansas City, MO
x 720
x 275

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Sammys Boombox » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Banedon wrote:Congrats!

Your pic is a little cut off...here's the whole thing.

Image


Ha! Looked forever to find one that showed the whole thing. Thanks
0 x
CUBS PACKERS MIZZOU

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 2853
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 368

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:12 pm

I would totally enjoy the cuckold
0 x

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 2282
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 424
x 646

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Brian707 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Ok, I need to buy that. And congrats on your new son!


Dodgers over Indians? horsefeathers that
1 x

User avatar
NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 3474
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 458
x 285
Contact:

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby NOLA » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Brian707 wrote:Ok, I need to buy that. And congrats on your new son!


Dodgers over Indians? horsefeathers that

You could throw any of Red Sox, Indians, Dodgers or Cubs up there and it is as good as any other guess in March.
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 65082
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3928
x 4008

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Banedon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:14 pm

NOLA wrote:
Brian707 wrote:Ok, I need to buy that. And congrats on your new son!


Dodgers over Indians? horsefeathers that

You could throw any of Red Sox, Indians, Dodgers or Cubs up there and it is as good as any other guess in March.


I'd say the guess that ends up being right is probably gooder than the other guesses.
0 x
Image

User avatar
philosophizer75
All-Star
Posts: 1010
Joined: Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 am
Location: Maryland
x 93
x 192

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby philosophizer75 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:30 pm

Brewers over Twins. The goodest of guesses.
0 x
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

When Schwarber wins the WS with a big fat dong and uses his bat to club to death every player on the other team and half their fans, I expect every one of these talking heads to defend him. -yanrslatr

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 54989
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 365
x 4956

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:59 pm

Indians: The New Cubs

oh honey
3 x

User avatar
bukie
Superstar
Posts: 18451
Joined: Sat May 31, 2003 4:17 am
Location: Midlothian, IL
x 32
x 1862
Contact:

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby bukie » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:22 pm

0 for 4 with 3 Ks. Why is no one discussing this failure of a player?
1 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 73946
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2208
x 3224
Contact:

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:28 pm

bukie wrote:0 for 4 with 3 Ks. Why is no one discussing this failure of a player?


Javy will forget his name if he keeps this up.
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 32798
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 605
x 4294

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Image
1 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 65082
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 3928
x 4008

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Banedon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:55 pm

7 x
Image


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests