This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

User avatar
SouthSideRyan
is ELL
Posts: 49334
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:08 am
Location: Chicago Loop
x 436
x 1215

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby SouthSideRyan » Sat May 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Bobson Dugnutt wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:This is all Bill Simmons fault. Such a pointless arbitrary argument.


who’s the most overrated superstar?


Give me your Mt Rushmore of most overrated.
6 x
Exile on Waveland wrote: IU smells like poop.

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60088
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7133
x 4326

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby David » Sat May 12, 2018 6:00 pm

1 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 55214
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 385
x 5259

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Thu May 31, 2018 3:06 pm

I swear, every Kris Bryant story replaces the one that came before it as the Most Kris Bryant thing: https://theathletic.com/374291/2018/05/ ... k-so-easy/

This was July 23, 47 days after the Cubs drafted Kris Bryant with the No. 2 overall pick and almost two months since his junior season ended at the University of San Diego. After signing for $6.7 million, Bryant worked out for a few days at the Cubs’ Arizona complex and then debuted with the Boise Hawks, striking out in his first two at-bats at a Class-A level known for wild, inexperienced pitchers.

“I’m in the dugout with my phone,” Iapoce told The Athletic. “After the third [strikeout], Brandon texts me: ‘What’s the deal?’ I think it was the fourth one, Theo texted me and was like: ‘How bad is it?’ After the fourth one, me and Bill Buckner were in the dugout. Kris just walks by us and he’s like, ‘Tough start!’”
7 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 74278
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2273
x 3379
Contact:

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby UMFan83 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:26 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I swear, every Kris Bryant story replaces the one that came before it as the Most Kris Bryant thing: https://theathletic.com/374291/2018/05/ ... k-so-easy/

This was July 23, 47 days after the Cubs drafted Kris Bryant with the No. 2 overall pick and almost two months since his junior season ended at the University of San Diego. After signing for $6.7 million, Bryant worked out for a few days at the Cubs’ Arizona complex and then debuted with the Boise Hawks, striking out in his first two at-bats at a Class-A level known for wild, inexperienced pitchers.

“I’m in the dugout with my phone,” Iapoce told The Athletic. “After the third [strikeout], Brandon texts me: ‘What’s the deal?’ I think it was the fourth one, Theo texted me and was like: ‘How bad is it?’ After the fourth one, me and Bill Buckner were in the dugout. Kris just walks by us and he’s like, ‘Tough start!’”


Was he the one known for going like 0-4 with 4 Ks in his first game at every new level or was that Javy?
0 x
Win it for Fred

CaliforniaRaisin
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 89846
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 2:20 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
x 491
x 2429

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby CaliforniaRaisin » Thu May 31, 2018 4:47 pm

UMFan83 wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:I swear, every Kris Bryant story replaces the one that came before it as the Most Kris Bryant thing: https://theathletic.com/374291/2018/05/ ... k-so-easy/

This was July 23, 47 days after the Cubs drafted Kris Bryant with the No. 2 overall pick and almost two months since his junior season ended at the University of San Diego. After signing for $6.7 million, Bryant worked out for a few days at the Cubs’ Arizona complex and then debuted with the Boise Hawks, striking out in his first two at-bats at a Class-A level known for wild, inexperienced pitchers.

“I’m in the dugout with my phone,” Iapoce told The Athletic. “After the third [strikeout], Brandon texts me: ‘What’s the deal?’ I think it was the fourth one, Theo texted me and was like: ‘How bad is it?’ After the fourth one, me and Bill Buckner were in the dugout. Kris just walks by us and he’s like, ‘Tough start!’”


Was he the one known for going like 0-4 with 4 Ks in his first game at every new level or was that Javy?


That was Kris. Though he struck out 5 times in his Boise debut.
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60088
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7133
x 4326

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby David » Thu May 31, 2018 5:46 pm

felt like a lot of our prospects would either have awful first days at each level or would dong, no in between

i actually remember where i was when i was reading on twitter about KB's boise debut, lol. same with javy's 4 HR night.
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 31517
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1863
x 4437
Contact:

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:36 pm

i know i'm being extremely ungrateful

but

here's some dudes with more dongs than kris bryant

Travis Shaw
Ozzie Albies
Eddie Rosario
Scooter Gennett
Mitch Haniger
Yangervis Solarte
Eduardo Escobar
Asdrubal Cabrera
Michael Brantley
Shin Soo Choo
David Peralta
Jed Lowrie
Jeimer Candelario
Teoscar Hernandez
Lewis Brinson

I know Bryant is still great, just in a different way, but god, hit a damn home run
0 x

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8109
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 995
x 487

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby ConstableRabbit » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:i know i'm being extremely ungrateful

but

here's some dudes with more dongs than kris bryant

Travis Shaw
Ozzie Albies
Eddie Rosario
Scooter Gennett
Mitch Haniger
Yangervis Solarte
Eduardo Escobar
Asdrubal Cabrera
Michael Brantley
Shin Soo Choo
David Peralta
Jed Lowrie
Jeimer Candelario
Teoscar Hernandez
Lewis Brinson

I know Bryant is still great, just in a different way, but god, hit a damn home run

Image
24 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8109
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 995
x 487

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby ConstableRabbit » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:53 pm

And yes I realized the typo too late. It's still funny, damnit.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 33005
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1235
x 1131

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Image

Image
14 x

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 74278
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2273
x 3379
Contact:

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby UMFan83 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:06 pm

ConstableRabbit wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:i know i'm being extremely ungrateful

but

here's some dudes with more dongs than kris bryant

Travis Shaw
Ozzie Albies
Eddie Rosario
Scooter Gennett
Mitch Haniger
Yangervis Solarte
Eduardo Escobar
Asdrubal Cabrera
Michael Brantley
Shin Soo Choo
David Peralta
Jed Lowrie
Jeimer Candelario
Teoscar Hernandez
Lewis Brinson

I know Bryant is still great, just in a different way, but god, hit a damn home run

Image


A+
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Embracing the suck...somewhere.
x 88
x 181

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby PackLandVA » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Gleyber Torres was called up a month into the season and sports more dongers than KB, too.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 31517
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1863
x 4437
Contact:

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:18 pm

ConstableRabbit wrote:
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:i know i'm being extremely ungrateful

but

here's some dudes with more dongs than kris bryant

Travis Shaw
Ozzie Albies
Eddie Rosario
Scooter Gennett
Mitch Haniger
Yangervis Solarte
Eduardo Escobar
Asdrubal Cabrera
Michael Brantley
Shin Soo Choo
David Peralta
Jed Lowrie
Jeimer Candelario
Teoscar Hernandez
Lewis Brinson

I know Bryant is still great, just in a different way, but god, hit a damn home run

Image


this is the best utilization of this meme i've ever seen
1 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 31517
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1863
x 4437
Contact:

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:37 pm

this horsefeathering guy has seriously not hit a home run in a calendar month
0 x

soccer10k
Hall of Fame
Posts: 36210
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:21 pm
Location: Sacramento
x 847

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby soccer10k » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:03 am

He'll hit two this weekend.
0 x
In Theo we trust.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 66597
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 772
x 1538

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Derwood » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:08 am

soccer10k wrote:He'll hit two this weekend.


One down
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 31517
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 1863
x 4437
Contact:

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:18 am

Imb: somehow anti-duke
3 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 32952
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 625
x 4494

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:50 am

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:Imb: somehow anti-duke

talk about how Willson hasn’t hit one since the first Bush
0 x
Image


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 5 guests