This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Re: This is the thread where we talk about how awesome Kris Bryant is

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:16 pm

d_money wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:It sounds like KB is horsefeathers up

He’ll probably have surgery after the season, the way it sounds.

I would assume if this was a surgery situation he’d be shut down. The Cubs aren’t the Mets.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

mikeyt34
Starter

Postby mikeyt34 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:31 pm

Cubswin11 wrote:
d_money wrote:
Cubswin11 wrote:It sounds like KB is horsefeathers up

He’ll probably have surgery after the season, the way it sounds.

I would assume if this was a surgery situation he’d be shut down. The Cubs aren’t the Mets.

There's no reason to believe this has escalated to a surgery situation. If he needs time to get healthy, bring back up Bote and give Kris some time off so he's a full strength for the stretch run.
0 x

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:36 pm

0 x

JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:53 pm

This his shoulder, right? Do we know how he hurt it? Like, from throwing? Swinging? Texting Bryce?

I don't remember when it even flared up or whatever it is, when it started. I remember reading about his being used in the infield and outfield as a negative back in his first 2 seasons, because the arm slots are different throwing the ball and it would be risky for injury. Im not a doctor and I havent seen the play where he got hurt, but im going to go ahead and blame it on him playing rightfield.

What the horsefeathers Joe, just leave him at third!
0 x

stitchface
Superstar

Postby stitchface » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:54 pm

JennieGarthAlgar wrote:This his shoulder, right? Do we know how he hurt it? Like, from throwing? Swinging? Texting Bryce?

I don't remember when it even flared up or whatever it is, when it started. I remember reading about his being used in the infield and outfield as a negative back in his first 2 seasons, because the arm slots are different throwing the ball and it would be risky for injury. Im not a doctor and I havent seen the play where he got hurt, but im going to go ahead and blame it on him playing rightfield.

Isn't it his left shoulder?
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:58 pm

stitchface wrote:
JennieGarthAlgar wrote:This his shoulder, right? Do we know how he hurt it? Like, from throwing? Swinging? Texting Bryce?

Isn't it his left shoulder?

Yeah it’s his left shoulder and I don’t think they’ve said or know how exactly it happened. The theory out there I’ve seen is it was on a slide to 2B and he jammed it or just from doing too much cage work/BP. It’s a problem that he claims has flared up in the past in college and the minors, KB claims and rest takes care of it. Hopefully so.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

The Logan
Superstar

Postby The Logan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:04 am

8 x

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:00 pm

I know I'm a big giant baby but am I the only one expecting to get some really bad Kris Bryant news any day now?
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:20 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:I know I'm a big giant baby but am I the only one expecting to get some really bad Kris Bryant news any day now?

I expect another DL trip, I’d be surprised if there’s any crazy injury in there. You’d assume they checked him out thoroughly last time he went to the DL with it.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:06 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:58 pm

He’s horsefeathers, Crull also added he’s been tinkering with his swing lately to try and alleviate pain.

0 x
Screw Pitchers

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Don’t think it’s a coincidence that right when KB took one of Yadi’s beans away from him he started a career downfall
0 x
Screw Pitchers

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame

Postby 17 Seconds » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:45 am

Manager Joe Maddon described the persistent discomfort Bryant is experiencing as he goes through series of range of motion exercises under the supervision of trainer PJ Mainville.

“(Mainville) was putting him through some tests, and he still was feeling (discomfort) in different spots, so he backed off,” Maddon said Thursday. “I haven’t heard anything new.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... story.html
0 x

NotSoSober
All-Star

Postby NotSoSober » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:36 am

I don't expect him back this year and I still think the Cubs can win the WS. God bless you, Javy
0 x

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:58 am

NotSoSober wrote:I don't expect him back this year and I still think the Cubs can win the WS. God bless you, Javy

Javy is amazing, but I don't think we're winning another WS without a healthy KB. I expect him to come back this season -- I just don't know what version of KB we're getting.

He might struggle with this problem the rest of the season and will need a full offseason of rest to allow it to heal.

If KB really doesn't look right/isn't hitting at his normal awesome levels I'd recommend going back to the Texas well and making a trade for Adrian Beltre this month. The guy is still amazing defensively and I think he could be a big factor in the playoffs for us. Again, only if KB doesn't fully recover.
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:41 am

Uh, Beltre is only playing slightly better this season than you would expect a 39-year old would play baseball.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:45 am

What the hell?! Bote > Beltre, and you don't have to give up anything to have him play for us. He is on our team, and will continue to be on our team into the future. Play him!
1 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Regular Show
All-Star

Postby Regular Show » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:51 am

I like Bote; I don't want to trade him. I'm just not sure if he can keep up this level of production.

I'm a big Beltre fan. Probably to an irrational level, and I know exactly how old he is. I still think he can be really productive and a plus defender at 3B. I think going to a contender would kind of rejuvenate him as well (at least for a couple months).
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:55 am

Regular Show wrote:I like Bote; I don't want to trade him. I'm just not sure if he can keep up this level of production.

I'm a big Beltre fan. Probably to an irrational level, and I know exactly how old he is. I still think he can be really productive and a plus defender at 3B. I think going to a contender would kind of rejuvenate him as well (at least for a couple months).

Don't get me wrong. I like Beltre, and I would be very, very amused at how often Baez could successfully touch his head and all that comes with that, but you'd have to give SOMETHING up for him, and Bote would play less, and I think Bote is about as good at this point in their careers. Pass. Play Bote.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous
(Formerly Diceman4221)

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:59 am

Everyone likes cool dude Beltre, but he's old and not really good at baseball anymore (or at least not good enough to give up something of value to get him in the hopes he has something left in the tank).
0 x
► Show Spoiler

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:16 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:I know I'm a big giant baby but am I the only one expecting to get some really bad Kris Bryant news any day now?

Bryant said today he still had no idea when he would play or begin a rehab assignment.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:28 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:

Bryant said today he still had no idea when he would play or begin a rehab assignment.

There's no "really bad" news coming on this. Theo already said last week that most of the pain has been successfully treated and is only being felt at the extreme ends of his range of motion. Worst case IMO is something like they'll say horsefeathers it and he'll play the last few weeks + the playoffs with whatever lingering issue there is. I don't see how or why they'd suddenly say he needs surgery or something and shut him down for the season.
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:35 pm

David wrote:

There's no "really bad" news coming on this. Theo already said last week that most of the pain has been successfully treated and is only being felt at the extreme ends of his range of motion. Worst case IMO is something like they'll say horsefeathers it and he'll play the last few weeks + the playoffs with whatever lingering issue there is. I don't see how or why they'd suddenly say he needs surgery or something and shut him down for the season.

yeah you're right there's nothing "really bad" about our best offensive player being out indefinitely with shoulder soreness that plagued him for a good chunk of the year.
0 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:39 pm

David wrote:

yeah you're right there's nothing "really bad" about our best offensive player being out indefinitely with shoulder soreness that plagued him for a good chunk of the year.

Him being out is a bad situation but they’ve done two MRIs and have said there’s really nothing wrong. It’s just soreness he has to get over it. It’s annoying and sucks but it doesn’t seem like it’s really that bad or could be that bad of an injury other than the time it’s taking to get over it. Bad news would be surgery , he has to make career altering swing change, shut down for the year etc. to me.
Last edited by Cubswin11 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:40 pm

David wrote:

to me when you say "really bad news" that means out for the rest of this season, surgery, possibly career altering, etc.
2 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Return to “Cubs Discussions”