Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32033
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2059
x 5104
Contact:

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:23 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Damn now I wish the game was at an AL park. I would love to see Javy dong to lead off the entire game.


nah itll be sick when scherzer loads the bases and javy gets the NL out of it with an unassisted triple play and the annoucners are like "you know what they always say you make a great play in the field and then you lead off the next inning!" and then baez takes the first pitch out 500 feet to LF off Sale (or strikes out on 3 straight sliders)
3 x

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 55479
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 411
x 5593

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Multiple Cubs players hitting all-star game home runs off Chris Sale would be very very funny, boy I hope it happens.
0 x

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32033
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2059
x 5104
Contact:

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Multiple Cubs players hitting all-star game home runs off Chris Sale would be very very funny, boy I hope it happens.


Bryant got him in 2016 right?

anyway the game is getting rained out so nothing is gonna happen which is for the best
0 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 26126
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 32
x 3108
Contact:

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Brian » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:38 pm

outside him donging I'd love him to end up in a steal home situation
0 x

User avatar
Agony and Ivy
All-Star
Posts: 2844
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Austin TX
x 1485
x 736

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Agony and Ivy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Threw a couple shekels on Schwarber +650 and Javy +760 for tonight.
1 x

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 574
x 917

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Brian707 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:20 pm

Agony and Ivy wrote:Threw a couple shekels on Schwarber +650 and Javy +760 for tonight.



Where did you get those prices?

Also anybody know what order they are doing the derby? Only care to watch Schwarber and Javy
0 x

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31426
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 501

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Andy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 pm

UMFan83 wrote:Damn now I wish the game was at an AL park. I would love to see Javy dong to lead off the entire game.

Are they switching back now? I know they made the AL the home team in '16 when the game was in SD, but I guess with Cleveland hosting next year it would make sense to go back to actually having the home league as the home team now.
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 65854
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 4694
x 4689

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Banedon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:36 pm

8 x
Image

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 55479
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 411
x 5593

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:27 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Multiple Cubs players hitting all-star game home runs off Chris Sale would be very very funny, boy I hope it happens.


Bryant got him in 2016 right?

anyway the game is getting rained out so nothing is gonna happen which is for the best


Yep, I had to look it up to make sure it was Sale, but Bryant went deep in the 1st off him in Petco.
0 x

User avatar
PackLandVA
All-Star
Posts: 2015
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Embracing the suck...somewhere.
x 207
x 283

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby PackLandVA » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:43 pm

They should shoot off fireworks after each HR in the Derby.
0 x
Sticks the landing!!!

User avatar
Regular Show
All-Star
Posts: 1610
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am
Location: Chicago, IL
x 1380
x 454

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Regular Show » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:38 pm

Banedon wrote:


Baez is leading off? Fine by me.

Image
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

NotSoSober
All-Star
Posts: 4851
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:58 am
x 6
x 279

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby NotSoSober » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:32 am

I so want to see Javy wear that Clemente jacket during the actual derby
0 x

User avatar
Agony and Ivy
All-Star
Posts: 2844
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Austin TX
x 1485
x 736

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Agony and Ivy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:36 am

Brian707 wrote:
Agony and Ivy wrote:Threw a couple shekels on Schwarber +650 and Javy +760 for tonight.



Where did you get those prices?

Also anybody know what order they are doing the derby? Only care to watch Schwarber and Javy


I jumped on Schwarber earlier than Javy. That was on 5Dimes. Grabbed Hoskins to be beat Aguilar +130 on betonline.
1 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 2866
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 2599
x 1134

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:42 am

Agony and Ivy wrote:
Brian707 wrote:
Agony and Ivy wrote:Threw a couple shekels on Schwarber +650 and Javy +760 for tonight.



Where did you get those prices?

Also anybody know what order they are doing the derby? Only care to watch Schwarber and Javy


I jumped on Schwarber earlier than Javy. That was on 5Dimes. Grabbed Hoskins to be beat Aguilar +130 on betonline.

We need more degenerate gambol chat on this site.
1 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
Agony and Ivy
All-Star
Posts: 2844
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Austin TX
x 1485
x 736

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Agony and Ivy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:01 am

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Agony and Ivy wrote:
Brian707 wrote:

Where did you get those prices?

Also anybody know what order they are doing the derby? Only care to watch Schwarber and Javy


I jumped on Schwarber earlier than Javy. That was on 5Dimes. Grabbed Hoskins to be beat Aguilar +130 on betonline.

We need more degenerate gambol chat on this site.


I'll drop it in here whenever it's appropriate but am 100% behind more degenerate talk. I bet a few games or totals everyday, so I'd love to talk to more people about stupid beats.
1 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 2866
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 2599
x 1134

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:33 am

Agony and Ivy wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Agony and Ivy wrote:
I jumped on Schwarber earlier than Javy. That was on 5Dimes. Grabbed Hoskins to be beat Aguilar +130 on betonline.

We need more degenerate gambol chat on this site.


I'll drop it in here whenever it's appropriate but am 100% behind more degenerate talk. I bet a few games or totals everyday, so I'd love to talk to more people about stupid beats.

I used to be big into the poker in its heyday, but most of my gambling is limited to Draftkings these days. It seems softer than most lines.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
Agony and Ivy
All-Star
Posts: 2844
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Austin TX
x 1485
x 736

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Agony and Ivy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:44 am

JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Agony and Ivy wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:We need more degenerate gambol chat on this site.


I'll drop it in here whenever it's appropriate but am 100% behind more degenerate talk. I bet a few games or totals everyday, so I'd love to talk to more people about stupid beats.

I used to be big into the poker in its heyday, but most of my gambling is limited to Draftkings these days. It seems softer than most lines.


It is for sure, especially if you focus on the max lineup contests.
0 x

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 2643
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 574
x 917

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Brian707 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:59 pm

Agony and Ivy wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:
Agony and Ivy wrote:
I jumped on Schwarber earlier than Javy. That was on 5Dimes. Grabbed Hoskins to be beat Aguilar +130 on betonline.

We need more degenerate gambol chat on this site.


I'll drop it in here whenever it's appropriate but am 100% behind more degenerate talk. I bet a few games or totals everyday, so I'd love to talk to more people about stupid beats.



Yes count me in on any and all degenerate gambling talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYi_esAyvzU
3 x

User avatar
Agony and Ivy
All-Star
Posts: 2844
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:10 pm
Location: Austin TX
x 1485
x 736

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby Agony and Ivy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Brian707 wrote:
Agony and Ivy wrote:
JudasIscariotTheBird wrote:We need more degenerate gambol chat on this site.


I'll drop it in here whenever it's appropriate but am 100% behind more degenerate talk. I bet a few games or totals everyday, so I'd love to talk to more people about stupid beats.



Yes count me in on any and all degenerate gambling talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYi_esAyvzU


Should we start a degenerates thread?
0 x

User avatar
JennieGarthAlgar
All-Star
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:20 am
Location: Peoria Hills, 61630
x 552
x 272

Re: Javy and Schwarber entering HR Derby

Postby JennieGarthAlgar » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:25 pm

Agony and Ivy wrote:
Brian707 wrote:
Agony and Ivy wrote:
I'll drop it in here whenever it's appropriate but am 100% behind more degenerate talk. I bet a few games or totals everyday, so I'd love to talk to more people about stupid beats.



Yes count me in on any and all degenerate gambling talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYi_esAyvzU


Should we start a degenerates thread?


Already exists

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=112
0 x


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests