David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

davell
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21380
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:55 pm
x 1808
x 2291

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby davell » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:11 pm

2 x
Additional rule: you have to have one or the other.The only exception is you have an amazing board name. davell, I'm looking at you; put up a [expletive] avatar or something if your name only sounds like somebody tried say Dave as they lapsed into a coma.

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!
Posts: 33008
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2633
x 6649
Contact:

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby big ball chunky time » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:30 pm

god watching almora run through mud on that RBI double last night just never gets old
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 15298
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lakeview
x 5853
x 1917

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby The Logan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:05 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:god watching almora run through mud on that RBI double last night just never gets old


He runs like I did when I played little league. I was told I looked like I was running in slow motion.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5136
x 597

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Old Style » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Nats fans have got to HATE Bote like no other. Lol.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60656
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2944
x 10228

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Old Style wrote:Nats fans have got to HATE Bote like no other. Lol.

I mean I can't imagine they care about that team enough anymore to hate an opponent.
3 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5136
x 597

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Old Style » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:20 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Old Style wrote:Nats fans have got to HATE Bote like no other. Lol.

I mean I can't imagine they care about that team enough anymore to hate an opponent.

Image
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34730
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 933
x 6285

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:48 pm

TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:god watching almora run through mud on that RBI double last night just never gets old

I once had a coach say "you know how sometimes when someone runs too fast they pull a muscle? it looks like you pushed one."
2 x
Image

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9575
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5136
x 597

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Old Style » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:15 pm

It's my (maybe incorrect) recollection that this is a Jay Bilas quote from the 80's but my dad always used to joke with me about it being applicable to my athletic endeavors. Either way it still makes me chuckle.

"I make up for my lack of height with my lack of speed."
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 17348
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: THE HONORABLE JUDGE PRICK
x 1453
x 739

David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:34 am

Nvm
0 x
Image

User avatar
Regular Show
All-Star
Posts: 2580
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am
Location: Chicago, IL
x 1976
x 864

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Regular Show » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:37 am



Great play by Russell and I love the reaction from Bote lol.

Even better that this play went against Braun.
0 x
"It was met with, basically, he didn't want to talk about that. He didn't want me to tell him that. I just basically said, 'Well that's why we want an electronic strike zone.'" -- Ben Zobrist

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 67373
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5958
x 5782

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Banedon » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:29 pm

New and improved

4 x

User avatar
Duke Silver
Superstar
Posts: 11461
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 am
x 12717
x 9493

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Duke Silver » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:16 am

Time to dust this bad boy off.
1 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25329
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 7414
x 5275

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Cubswin11 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:18 am

Duke Silver wrote:Time to dust this bad boy off.



Image
Last edited by Cubswin11 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 x
Screw Pitchers

Bertz
All-Star
Posts: 1182
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:59 pm
x 479
x 653

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Bertz » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:22 pm

I thought last year that David Bote was going to be our deluxe version Jeff Baker, and was perfectly happy with that. Now I'm beginning to wonder if we lucked into some sort of B+ Justin Turner clone (complete with hideous beard). Bote has more juice in the glove, though even in the rosiest scenarios isn't going to be quite there with the bat.
1 x

Cubfanintheknow
All-Star
Posts: 1809
Joined: Sat May 10, 2003 12:27 pm
x 30
x 124

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Cubfanintheknow » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:46 pm

Bertz wrote:I thought last year that David Bote was going to be our deluxe version Jeff Baker, and was perfectly happy with that. Now I'm beginning to wonder if we lucked into some sort of B+ Justin Turner clone (complete with hideous beard). Bote has more juice in the glove, though even in the rosiest scenarios isn't going to be quite there with the bat.


He's done enough to make Addison Russell expendable. Though Addy made himself expendable without anyone else's help.
6 x

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6652
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:32 am
x 4
x 55

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Backtobanks » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:18 pm

Cubfanintheknow wrote:
Bertz wrote:I thought last year that David Bote was going to be our deluxe version Jeff Baker, and was perfectly happy with that. Now I'm beginning to wonder if we lucked into some sort of B+ Justin Turner clone (complete with hideous beard). Bote has more juice in the glove, though even in the rosiest scenarios isn't going to be quite there with the bat.


He's done enough to make Addison Russell expendable. Though Addy made himself expendable without anyone else's help.


The problem is finding a team willing to take him.
0 x

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 81811
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 12787
x 15350

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Sammy Sofa » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:21 pm

That's not a problem if they simply did the right thing and got rid of him.
Last edited by Sammy Sofa on Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 4359
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 4264
x 1829

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:41 pm

0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22843
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 285
x 589

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby CubinNY » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:47 pm

Backtobanks wrote:
Cubfanintheknow wrote:
Bertz wrote:I thought last year that David Bote was going to be our deluxe version Jeff Baker, and was perfectly happy with that. Now I'm beginning to wonder if we lucked into some sort of B+ Justin Turner clone (complete with hideous beard). Bote has more juice in the glove, though even in the rosiest scenarios isn't going to be quite there with the bat.


He's done enough to make Addison Russell expendable. Though Addy made himself expendable without anyone else's help.


The problem is finding a team willing to take him.

Just release him. He'll make a great high school baseball coach with his mentality.
0 x

Backtobanks
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6652
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:32 am
x 4
x 55

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Backtobanks » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:39 pm

CubinNY wrote:
Backtobanks wrote:
Cubfanintheknow wrote:
He's done enough to make Addison Russell expendable. Though Addy made himself expendable without anyone else's help.


The problem is finding a team willing to take him.

Just release him. He'll make a great high school baseball coach with his mentality.


We all know they should have dropped him rather than resigning him.
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25329
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 7414
x 5275

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Cubswin11 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:43 pm

Just leave him in AAA unless Javy were to get hurt. Bote can handle SS in an emergency and for 5-10 games to give Javy rest.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Brian707
All-Star
Posts: 3110
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 pm
Location: Algonquin IL
x 860
x 1308

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Brian707 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:That's not a problem if they simply did the right thing and got rid of him.



Exactly, this is what Theo should have done last September

Image
7 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood
Posts: 3946
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 3:54 pm
Location: Not St Louis anymore!
x 171
x 478

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Bull » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:10 pm



This is all about Zobrist wanting to see Bote get a chance over Russell. I've heard Zobrist is not at all happy that Russell has been welcomed back.
1 x

User avatar
KingCubsFan
All-Star
Posts: 3532
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:39 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
x 3
x 67

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby KingCubsFan » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:57 am

Bull wrote:


This is all about Zobrist wanting to see Bote get a chance over Russell. I've heard Zobrist is not at all happy that Russell has been welcomed back.

Where did you see that? Wouldn’t surprise me.
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25329
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 7414
x 5275

Re: David Bote is a Golden God and Deserves His Own Thread

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:58 am


Nah, Zobrist is just a Bran like weirdo and could see in to the future that there would be a more important AB later in the game that needed him.
1 x
Screw Pitchers


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests