General Cubs Chit-Chat

User avatar
Regular Show
All-Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 10:16 am
Location: Chicago, IL
x 1235
x 363

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Regular Show » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:27 am

weis21 wrote:
Bull wrote:
David wrote:i do tend to gloss over no-av no-sig posters though


i think davell is the only one of those i go out of my way to notice

Better?

brought back my JHT avatar (updated because my man made it!) for david to notice me and so people don't further confuse me with mul21.

i wouldn't wish for anyone to be confused with me


Jen-Ho Tseng is your man lol? Hmm...

Image
0 x

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8569
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 5106
x 963

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby weis21 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:13 am

It was mainly a joke to begin with based on his minor league pic.

But, yes, I’m pulling for him.
0 x

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8569
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 5106
x 963

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby weis21 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:21 pm

saw kenny lofton's twitter account while browsing brett's page and sent a quick shout out to kenny and aramis and said how much i appreciated their time with the cubs and 2003 overall (though ending heartbreaking-ly, it was a lot of fun). said both are some of my all-time favorite cubs and lofton liked my reply. maybe that's not that uncommon but it was cool as hell because lofton was amazing.

also, i wanted to tweet at famous people to piss derwood off, too.
1 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 67307
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 873
x 1751

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Derwood » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:50 pm

weis21 wrote:
also, i wanted to tweet at famous people to piss derwood off, too.


If you're calling them cool, I have no problem with it.

It's the people who want to start fights that need to reevaluate their lives

Except IMB!, because he's good at it
0 x

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60238
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7319
x 4450

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby David » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:03 pm

i'll take any sort of cubs related content in mid january



seems like BSOL is going to be coming in hard this year
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Thed Hoyerstein
All-Star
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:25 pm
Location: Old Town
x 208
x 255

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Thed Hoyerstein » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:38 pm

David wrote:i'll take any sort of cubs related content in mid january



seems like BSOL is going to be coming in hard this year



kinda funny to me that Russell probably has a ton of cubs dry fit shirts, and he chooses to use a smokies cutoff t shirt to go for a run
0 x
“So my threshold is: ‘Is this a noodle?’”

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60238
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7319
x 4450

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby David » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:07 pm

1 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25271
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 28
x 2778
Contact:

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Brian » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:15 am



Dex misses the Cubs so much he spent time with David Ross
8 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 21000
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 4373
x 3697

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Cubswin11 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:17 am

I forgot Victorino was a Cub for like 10 seconds a few Springs ago
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60238
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7319
x 4450

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby David » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:23 am

Oh man Cardinal fans are about to get so mad online
1 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22115
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 161
x 393

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby CubinNY » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:47 am

David wrote:Oh man Cardinal fans are about to get so mad online

Mostly because they let a black guy golf with them.
12 x

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25271
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 28
x 2778
Contact:

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Brian » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:30 pm

Happy Seal Day!



4 x

Post Count Padder
Superstar
Posts: 14692
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:51 pm
Location: In your dreams
x 19
x 105

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Post Count Padder » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:33 pm

weis21 wrote:saw kenny lofton's twitter account while browsing brett's page and sent a quick shout out to kenny and aramis and said how much i appreciated their time with the cubs and 2003 overall (though ending heartbreaking-ly, it was a lot of fun). said both are some of my all-time favorite cubs and lofton liked my reply. maybe that's not that uncommon but it was cool as hell because lofton was amazing.

also, i wanted to tweet at famous people to piss derwood off, too.

I tagged Thomas Ian Nicholas in my tweet about loving the Cubs because I loved the movie Rookie of the Year when I was like 5 and he like the tweet and responded with a few quotes from the movie.
1 x
formerly known as PriorPower
formerly known as the guy with Huston Street in his sig

:flythew:

User avatar
Brian
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25271
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:43 pm
Location: Chicago
x 28
x 2778
Contact:

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Brian » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:24 am

1 x

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22115
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 161
x 393

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby CubinNY » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 am

Brian wrote:

They really did adopt him, didn’t they?
0 x

User avatar
CoolHandLuke
All-Star
Posts: 4122
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:48 pm
Location: Niles
x 24
x 94

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby CoolHandLuke » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:54 am

Careful there with the hashtag! Your man already showed that he is #MAGA
13 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 2659
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 2322
x 993
Contact:

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:58 am

CoolHandLuke wrote:Careful there with the hashtag! Your man already showed that he is #MAGA

Image
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -Anonymous
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 57803
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2060
x 6746

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:06 pm

That poor girl had no idea what she was in for




JHey approves though
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 75037
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2388
x 3586
Contact:

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby UMFan83 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:42 am





Anyone with kids has been there before Anthony
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8569
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 5106
x 963

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby weis21 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:33 pm

thought this was kind of interesting



if i squint hard enough i can KIND of see a bit of nomar in addison's swing (or maybe bat flip) and junior in kyle's swing (or maybe bat drop/flip)?

i don't know. this offseason has probably just beaten me down to the point that i'm delusional
0 x

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 14770
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lincoln Park
x 4206
x 1425

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby The Logan » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:03 pm

0 x
Image

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 2973
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 387

Re: RE: Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:13 pm

weis21 wrote:thought this was kind of interesting



if i squint hard enough i can KIND of see a bit of nomar in addison's swing (or maybe bat flip) and junior in kyle's swing (or maybe bat drop/flip)?

i don't know. this offseason has probably just beaten me down to the point that i'm delusional
I went with the Sheffield waggle a lot. Before that I remember positioning my legs like Dawson used to.
0 x

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8569
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 5106
x 963

Re: RE: Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby weis21 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:14 pm

We Got The Whole 9 wrote:
weis21 wrote:thought this was kind of interesting



if i squint hard enough i can KIND of see a bit of nomar in addison's swing (or maybe bat flip) and junior in kyle's swing (or maybe bat drop/flip)?

i don't know. this offseason has probably just beaten me down to the point that i'm delusional
I went with the Sheffield waggle a lot. Before that I remember positioning my legs like Dawson used to.

umm I did both of those things playing wiffle ball as a kid??? get outta my head, please.

Image

the hawk was my favorite all-time. so happy he's back w/ the cubs.
1 x

User avatar
weis21
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8569
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:45 am
Location: ECU
x 5106
x 963

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby weis21 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 pm

random addition/memory. I remember being heartbroken when I realized dawson was no longer a cub via a picture of him in a marlins uniform on the cover of a beckett magazine. think it was him and one or two other dudes (maybe jeff conine?) honestly cannot remember & GIS isn't helping me. maybe it wasn't a cover? did they do "articles" at all or just card values?

i remember my mom and dad both knew but neither had the heart to tell me. to this day i am somewhere between "i respect that" and "that's [expletive]" on not telling me.
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood
Posts: 3663
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 3:54 pm
Location: Not St Louis anymore!
x 74
x 330

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Bull » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:07 pm

weis21 wrote:random addition/memory. I remember being heartbroken when I realized dawson was no longer a cub via a picture of him in a marlins uniform on the cover of a beckett magazine. think it was him and one or two other dudes (maybe jeff conine?) honestly cannot remember & GIS isn't helping me. maybe it wasn't a cover? did they do "articles" at all or just card values?

i remember my mom and dad both knew but neither had the heart to tell me. to this day i am somewhere between "i respect that" and "that's [expletive]" on not telling me.

Try Red Sox. He went there before he went to Florida
0 x
Image


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests