Hall of Fame

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Brian » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:26 am

1 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:54 am

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:where do I go to unsubscribe from snobbery about 10 second music clips

probably the same place you go to unsubscribe to snobbery about people entertaining people/children in giant novelty costumes crossing into your field of vision
3 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:56 am

Brian wrote:

i was confused since there are still ST games left, and then i saw that we're playing the mets tomorrow. what sort of demonry is this?

edit: oh, it's the las vegas games...so i'm still confused as to why rizzo and bryant are here...especially since his fiance was posting excitedly about being home (in vegas)
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

Brian
Hall of Fame

Postby Brian » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:05 am

maybe they flew everybody back real quick to check out the new clubhouse?
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:40 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bull wrote:
Tim wrote:I missed where anyone of other religions was being encouraged to push their beliefs on others.

Really?!?
1. I don't see how playing your favorite song in the same way your teammates are playing theirs is pushing anything.
2. http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/251741-isis-terrorists/

What in the ever loving crap does that isis story have to do with Tim's comment about people not being encouraged to push their beliefs on others on this forum?

Also, it's really doubtful that is his favorite song. If he's playing his wife's (awful) music he's trying to promote his wife's (awful) music. Like if one of these guys was married to One Direction and played their music in their walk up, that would suck.

Someone suggested that no other religion pushes their beliefs on others. I implied that a group of people who were killing people for their differing religious views were doing just that. Its pretty straightforward.

I'm not pushy with my beliefs. In fact, I've been in this forum 13 years, and I'd venture to say that none of you even know what my religious views are. But I kind get sick of the "everyone should express themselves, but if Christians express themselves in EXACTLY the same way, its pushy" mantra.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:41 am

Bull wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bull wrote:Really?!?
1. I don't see how playing your favorite song in the same way your teammates are playing theirs is pushing anything.

What in the ever loving crap does that isis story have to do with Tim's comment about people not being encouraged to push their beliefs on others on this forum?

Also, it's really doubtful that is his favorite song. If he's playing his wife's (awful) music he's trying to promote his wife's (awful) music. Like if one of these guys was married to One Direction and played their music in their walk up, that would suck.

Someone suggested that no other religion pushes their beliefs on others. I implied that a group of people who were killing people for their differing religious views were doing just that. Its pretty straightforward.

I'm not pushy with my beliefs. In fact, I've been in this forum 13 years, and I'd venture to say that none of you even know what my religious views are. But I kind get sick of the "everyone should express themselves, but if Christians express themselves in EXACTLY the same way, its pushy" mantra.

Nobody suggested that. You clearly misinterpreted what Tim said.
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:42 am

Smack wrote:Not liking Christian music = ISIS beheading people. That's top notch.

not even close to what I said. Tim said no other religion pushes their beliefs on others. I cited an example to the contrary.
0 x

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:42 am

Brian wrote:maybe they flew everybody back real quick to check out the new clubhouse?

that occurred to me. still would seem weird to fly out here just to check it out and then fly back out west for a game tomorrow (not that all of them will play)...still, that's probably the most likely reason.
0 x

Tim
Hall of Fame

Postby Tim » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:44 am

Bull wrote:
Smack wrote:Not liking Christian music = ISIS beheading people. That's top notch.

not even close to what I said. Tim said no other religion pushes their beliefs on others. I cited an example to the contrary.

lol - try reading what I wrote one more time.
0 x
Spoiler: show

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:46 am

David wrote:
Bull wrote:

Tim wrote:I missed where anyone of other religions was being encouraged to push their beliefs on others

How did I misinterpret this?
I read it as "no other religions encourage their adherents to proselytize"
Is this not what you meant, Tim?
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:48 am

Bull wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bull wrote:Really?!?

You have to be searching for an opportunity to feel slighted to come up with that interpretation.
2 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:48 am

Bull wrote:
David wrote:
Bull wrote:

Tim wrote:I missed where anyone of other religions was being encouraged to push their beliefs on others

it's pretty obviously not what he meant

he said nobody on this board/in this conversation was encouraging anyone of any religion to push their beliefs on others
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:53 am

David wrote:
Bull wrote:
David wrote:Nobody suggested that. You clearly misinterpreted what Tim said.

he said nobody on this board/in this conversation was encouraging anyone of any religion to push their beliefs on others

I really am confused then. I don't understand why he would say that, and I don't see any other way to read it than the way I did. But if he wasn't saying that Christianity is the only religion that that encourages its adherents to "push their beliefs on others", then my response is a non-sequitur, and I apologize. I really don't see another way to read.
Last edited by Bull on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:55 am

Bull wrote:
David wrote:
Bull wrote:

I really am confused then. I don't understand why he would say that. The word "other" seems to indicate the way I read it, no?

Because you came in whining about everybody but Christians getting to express themselves.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:57 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bull wrote:
David wrote:

I really am confused then. I don't understand why he would say that. The word "other" seems to indicate the way I read it, no?

Because you came in whining about everybody but Christians getting to express themselves.

And I stand by that. Its a little ridiculous that people would be so offended by a song.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:58 am

I'm more offended by his Christianity.
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:04 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:I'm more offended by his Christianity.

I'm thankful to live in a country where you have that right. That does not preclude his right to play his favorite song like everyone else.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:14 am

Bull wrote:

Thankfully, in America, you have that right. That does not preclude his right to play his favorite song like everyone else.

I'm telling you man, that's not his favorite song. And in this country we frown on shameless promotion
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:15 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Bull wrote:

Thankfully, in America, you have that right. That does not preclude his right to play his favorite song like everyone else.

I'm telling you man, that's not his favorite song. And in this country we frown on shameless promotion

I'm clearly still missing something. Why is it not his favorite song?
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:18 am

Bull wrote:But I kind get sick of the "everyone should express themselves, but if Christians express themselves in EXACTLY the same way, its pushy" mantra.

Literally nobody except religious creeps want to hear any kind of religious pop song because it's all terrible garbage music.
2 x
► Show Spoiler

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:25 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Bull wrote:But I kind get sick of the "everyone should express themselves, but if Christians express themselves in EXACTLY the same way, its pushy" mantra.

Literally nobody except religious creeps want to hear any kind of religious pop song because it's all terrible garbage music.

I like a wide variety of music. On my goto playlist is Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jimmy Hendrix, Bob Marley and Elton John. As a musician, there is very little on Christian radio that I find appealing. But the "all Christian music is crap" was 25 years ago. You specifically said "religious pop" and I would probably agree. But to me most all pop music is garbage.

There are niches within the niche where you can find some great music. PM and I'll send you some examples. I wouldn't want to provide links publicly, thereby inflicting my views on innocent bystanders :wink:
0 x

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Postby Bull » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:31 am

So... How 'bout them Cubbies?
1 x

Cubswin11
Hall of Fame

Postby Cubswin11 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:50 am

Folwer is hitting leadoff and Heyward is hitting second to start the year, though I'm guessing we will see some combo other than those 2 before we even get to the home opener.

http://www.bleachernation.com/2016/03/3 ... n-heyward/
0 x
Screw Pitchers

TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:00 am

bull post a christian music song that doesn't suck ass, i dare you
0 x

philosophizer75
All-Star

Postby philosophizer75 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:12 pm

I really rarely listen to christian music.This is the only christian-ish song I know. I think its pretty good.
0 x
\:D/ wubalubaCUBCUB! \:D/

When Schwarber wins the WS with a big fat dong and uses his bat to club to death every player on the other team and half their fans, I expect every one of these talking heads to defend him. -yanrslatr

Return to “Cubs Discussions”