General Cubs Chit-Chat

User avatar
Duke Silver
Superstar
Posts: 11349
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 am
x 12501
x 9099

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Duke Silver » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:22 pm

5 x

Forgotmyoldlogin
Role Player
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:29 am
x 11
x 60

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Forgotmyoldlogin » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:35 pm

I hope this isn't against board rules but I've got a couple upper deck tickets for Cubs/Sox on Saturday that I'm not going to be able to use. I won't even ask for money; you just have to meet up with me so I can hand them over.

I live in West Lakeview and I work downtown so either way works. DM me.
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22816
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 5855
x 4394

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Cubswin11 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:54 pm

5 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77569
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9777
x 12915

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:05 pm

Image
8 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
The Logan
Superstar
Posts: 14960
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 am
Location: Lakeview
x 4731
x 1607

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby The Logan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:58 pm

One day off after a game that will likely end between midnight and 1AM on Thursday and then they fly back immediately and then ten more consecutive games without a break starting on Friday. What a horsefeathers schedule. At least they're at home the rest of the way.
0 x
Image

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22816
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 5855
x 4394

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Cubswin11 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:00 pm

The Logan wrote:One day off after a game that will likely end between midnight and 1AM on Thursday and then ten more consecutive games without a break starting on Friday. What a horsefeathers schedule.

Yeah, at least they have a DH this weekend to help get the position guys rest and also if they do their job from next Tue/Wed on the games won’t matter for a week +/-.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77569
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9777
x 12915

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:04 pm

Eh; the next game isn't until 3:10 on Friday in Chicago.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 33928
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 777
x 5396

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:21 am

Cubswin11 wrote:https://twitter.com/mdgonzales/status/1042514061768876032?s=21

+25 and shrinking
0 x
Image

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66379
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5082
x 5048

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Banedon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:08 pm

Image
3 x
Image

User avatar
treebird
chinese food
Posts: 20757
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:25 am
x 2650
x 1764

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby treebird » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Banedon wrote:Image


i am tired of this part and want to move on to the part where we can do horsefeathers and still win
1 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58899
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2390
x 8087

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:28 pm

why was roast protecting racist POS in the stands and trying to prevent people from recording racist statements?

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77569
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9777
x 12915

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:53 pm

2 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77569
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9777
x 12915

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:55 pm

Yeah, everything's coming up Cubs these days:

https://deadspin.com/sloppy-wrigley-ble ... 1829295719

Just mercy kill this damn season already.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 804
x 767

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby squally1313 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:59 pm

I was sitting in this section but left at the end of the 7th (wanted to watch Brewers/Cardinals). The racist dude and his bro buddy holding him back showed up in the top of the fifth with four other people, each of them carrying two beers each, walked right down to the front row, stood in front of a family trying to take seats that were clearly already taken (coats, food, etc), and then stood blocking the family for about 90 seconds before finally moving elsewhere. Class guys, all around.
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58899
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2390
x 8087

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:01 pm

squally1313 wrote:I was sitting in this section but left at the end of the 7th (wanted to watch Brewers/Cardinals). The racist dude and his bro buddy holding him back showed up in the top of the fifth with four other people, each of them carrying two beers each, walked right down to the front row, stood in front of a family trying to take seats that were clearly already taken (coats, food, etc), and then stood blocking the family for about 90 seconds before finally moving elsewhere. Class guys, all around.


Let's circle back to the top here.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8373
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 1112
x 648

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby ConstableRabbit » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Absolutely disgusting all around.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 804
x 767

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby squally1313 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:08 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
squally1313 wrote:I was sitting in this section but left at the end of the 7th (wanted to watch Brewers/Cardinals). The racist dude and his bro buddy holding him back showed up in the top of the fifth with four other people, each of them carrying two beers each, walked right down to the front row, stood in front of a family trying to take seats that were clearly already taken (coats, food, etc), and then stood blocking the family for about 90 seconds before finally moving elsewhere. Class guys, all around.


Let's circle back to the top here.


Yeah I know...first time leaving early this year. I screwed up my knee last week and I'm still hobbling around, wanted to beat all the foot traffic leaving at the end of the game, and could kinda tell from the results on the field some grand comeback wasn't very likely.
0 x

User avatar
minnesotacubsfan
Superstar
Posts: 16599
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:27 pm
Location: da Salish Sea
x 909
x 571

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby minnesotacubsfan » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:Just mercy kill this damn season already.



yea, right. like the idiots will go away at the end of this season.
0 x
Image

User avatar
UMFan83
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 77019
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:42 pm
Location: Southport Ave
x 2735
x 4117
Contact:

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby UMFan83 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:03 pm

When are they going to announce the winners for the postseason ticket lottery? Not that we want this but there could be a game a week from today at Wrigley.
0 x
Win it for Fred

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66379
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5082
x 5048

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Banedon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:03 pm

UMFan83 wrote:When are they going to announce the winners for the postseason ticket lottery? Not that we want this but there could be a game a week from today at Wrigley.


Probably not until after they clinch the division (or lose it) at least. They gotta know what round they're selling them for.
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58899
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2390
x 8087

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:22 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77569
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9777
x 12915

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:29 pm

https://deadspin.com/this-is-probably-h ... 1829312053

Back when Twitter was more of a novelty than a platform for self-promotion and anemic feuds, no one really paid attention to a pro sports team’s tweets. They were usually clinical updates on games, and occasionally the Chargers’ expressing a desire to go to P.F. Chang’s. (The shift in voice was spurred in part by the Los Angeles Kings.) But that doesn’t seem to explain how no one noticed until today that the Chicago Cubs had tweeted out porn in 2012.
1 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
TBS Playoffs Insider
Turdologist
Posts: 32563
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2236
x 5802
Contact:

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby TBS Playoffs Insider » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:42 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:https://deadspin.com/this-is-probably-how-the-cubs-ended-up-with-porn-in-an-1829312053

Back when Twitter was more of a novelty than a platform for self-promotion and anemic feuds, no one really paid attention to a pro sports team’s tweets. They were usually clinical updates on games, and occasionally the Chargers’ expressing a desire to go to P.F. Chang’s. (The shift in voice was spurred in part by the Los Angeles Kings.) But that doesn’t seem to explain how no one noticed until today that the Chicago Cubs had tweeted out porn in 2012.


the amazing thing is that every tweet they found is legitimately hilarious in its new accidental form
3 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22816
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 5855
x 4394

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Cubswin11 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:44 pm

Sammy Sofa wrote:https://deadspin.com/this-is-probably-how-the-cubs-ended-up-with-porn-in-an-1829312053

Back when Twitter was more of a novelty than a platform for self-promotion and anemic feuds, no one really paid attention to a pro sports team’s tweets. They were usually clinical updates on games, and occasionally the Chargers’ expressing a desire to go to P.F. Chang’s. (The shift in voice was spurred in part by the Los Angeles Kings.) But that doesn’t seem to explain how no one noticed until today that the Chicago Cubs had tweeted out porn in 2012.

So in 50 years all of our grandchildren will be looking back on our tweets on sports, politics and current events and wonder why we attached a porn picture to it.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
CoolHandLuke
All-Star
Posts: 4167
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:48 pm
Location: Mount Prospect
x 24
x 108

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby CoolHandLuke » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:25 am

Billy Williams and his two grandsons is a pretty great euphemism
4 x


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests