General Cubs Chit-Chat

CubinNY
Hall of Fame
Posts: 22974
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:52 pm
Location: Pike Road, Al
x 309
x 632

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby CubinNY » Fri May 24, 2019 11:31 pm

Anyone know where Theo can buy a closer?
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34795
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 949
x 6382

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Sat May 25, 2019 12:02 am

CubinNY wrote:Anyone know where Theo can buy a closer?

Image
10 x
Image

d_money
All-Star
Posts: 2435
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:57 pm
x 83

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby d_money » Sat May 25, 2019 11:07 pm

Brian wrote:Cesar Izturis didn't always use a glove to get it in either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpC5bdyYwCU&feature=youtu.be

Haha....I forgot about that.
0 x

d_money
All-Star
Posts: 2435
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:57 pm
x 83

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby d_money » Sat May 25, 2019 11:09 pm

Andy wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:
Banedon wrote:
If more people could do it, more people would.


i'm not blaming him at all, i just don't remember ever hearing about a player missing time for a divorce. i just assume that half of the team is going through a divorce at any given time. almora has had like 3 since zobrist played his last game.

I have no idea of your level of sarcasm there but I'm almost sure Almora has only been married the one time

Yeah he’s being a dick.

With each passing day, the likelihood of his return becomes more remote.
0 x

17 Seconds
Hall of Fame
Posts: 23492
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:36 am
x 892
x 1886

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby 17 Seconds » Sun May 26, 2019 1:01 am

d_money wrote:
Andy wrote:
17 Seconds wrote:
i'm not blaming him at all, i just don't remember ever hearing about a player missing time for a divorce. i just assume that half of the team is going through a divorce at any given time. almora has had like 3 since zobrist played his last game.

I have no idea of your level of sarcasm there but I'm almost sure Almora has only been married the one time

Yeah he’s being a dick.

With each passing day, the likelihood of his return becomes more remote.


it was a joke about almora getting engaged to multiple women in rapid succession after he was drafted
0 x

User avatar
itisallpartoftheplan
All-Star
Posts: 4692
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 pm
x 131
x 1133

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby itisallpartoftheplan » Mon May 27, 2019 4:43 am

Zobrist’s wife choosing Ben’s birthday to end he social media silence. Odd choice.
0 x
-The Plan worked!!

User avatar
Schwarber Fan
Hall of Fame
Posts: 24731
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:59 pm
x 100
x 477

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Schwarber Fan » Mon May 27, 2019 4:19 pm

It’s the most Cubs thing ever that Bryant is still “under evaluation.”
0 x
The original Aramis Fan. Responsible for the revelation of Hector Rondon.

We Got The Whole 9
All-Star
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:38 am
x 609

Re: RE: Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby We Got The Whole 9 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:33 pm

Schwarber Fan wrote:It’s the most Cubs thing ever that Bryant is still “under evaluation.”
I have to believe it would be absolutely awful to fly with a concussion. I feel like he's ok.
0 x

User avatar
Old Style
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 9757
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Bedford, TX
x 5349
x 631

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Old Style » Tue May 28, 2019 12:41 am

itisallpartoftheplan wrote:Zobrist’s wife choosing Ben’s birthday to end he social media silence. Odd choice.

Thanks for posting a link.
0 x
"I'm sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football." - Andy Staples, SI

User avatar
itisallpartoftheplan
All-Star
Posts: 4692
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 11:38 pm
x 131
x 1133

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby itisallpartoftheplan » Tue May 28, 2019 1:11 am

Old Style wrote:
itisallpartoftheplan wrote:Zobrist’s wife choosing Ben’s birthday to end he social media silence. Odd choice.

Thanks for posting a link.




This one was a few hours before his birthday.

She made another of just herself on his actual then later deleted it after it was full of people questioning her timing of the post.
0 x
-The Plan worked!!

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70824
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1302
x 2665

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Derwood » Tue May 28, 2019 1:17 am

She brings the term "word salad" to a whole new level
2 x

User avatar
HawkeTrackler
Role Player
Posts: 161
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:43 pm
x 326
x 89

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby HawkeTrackler » Tue May 28, 2019 3:04 pm

itisallpartoftheplan wrote:
Old Style wrote:
itisallpartoftheplan wrote:Zobrist’s wife choosing Ben’s birthday to end he social media silence. Odd choice.

Thanks for posting a link.




This one was a few hours before his birthday.

She made another of just herself on his actual then later deleted it after it was full of people questioning her timing of the post.


How do we make #TodayWeBe the new official Cubs hashtag.
0 x
Friend of Nature and all-around Nice Boy. I know most of the states and all of the meals.

Hawk4Hall
All-Star
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:08 pm
Location: Davenport, IA
x 17
x 43

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Hawk4Hall » Tue May 28, 2019 4:22 pm

How can the Zobrist's get a divorce? I read all those stories about how deep their Christian faith is! :|
0 x
You know they're not going to lose 162 consecutive games.

Hawk4Hall
All-Star
Posts: 1274
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 3:08 pm
Location: Davenport, IA
x 17
x 43

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Hawk4Hall » Tue May 28, 2019 4:27 pm

wekse wrote:She totally seems the type to live out a fake christian life only to be found she's actually a horsefeathers person.


Most people that wear religion on their sleeve are horsefeathers people deep down.
2 x
You know they're not going to lose 162 consecutive games.

NewUserName
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6756
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 2:19 am
x 3
x 60

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby NewUserName » Tue May 28, 2019 5:42 pm

Hawk4Hall wrote:
wekse wrote:She totally seems the type to live out a fake christian life only to be found she's actually a horsefeathers person.


Most people that wear religion on their sleeve are horsefeathers people deep down.


I dont know if I believe that. I do believe that there is a sheep mentality that happens a lot. Part of that sheep mentality is that Christians often hide their real issues because life is supposed to be great. Instead of using their spirituality to help them(which usually means some sort of confession), they prop up a false front. I also believe that most Evangelical Christians follow a more Republican doctrine than that of Christ...which seems awful to a lot of none believers who are not quite so right leaning.

Basically I dont think they are any worse than most people. They just arent a whole lot better off like most of them think.
0 x
“There are 2,000 verses of Scripture that call upon us to respond to the needs of the poor. And yet, I find that when Christians talked about values in this last election that was not on the agenda, that was not a concern. ”-Tony Campolo

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 4721
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 4601
x 2002

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Tue May 28, 2019 5:50 pm

NewUserName wrote:
Hawk4Hall wrote:
wekse wrote:She totally seems the type to live out a fake christian life only to be found she's actually a horsefeathers person.


Most people that wear religion on their sleeve are horsefeathers people deep down.


I dont know if I believe that. I do believe that there is a sheep mentality that happens a lot. Part of that sheep mentality is that Christians often hide their real issues because life is supposed to be great. Instead of using their spirituality to help them(which usually means some sort of confession), they prop up a false front. I also believe that most Evangelical Christians follow a more Republican doctrine than that of Christ...which seems awful to a lot of none believers who are not quite so right leaning.

Basically I dont think they are any worse than most people. They just arent a whole lot better off like most of them think.

Myself, I think horrible people are worse than most people.
2 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70824
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1302
x 2665

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Derwood » Wed May 29, 2019 2:01 pm



It's BN, so take that for what its worth
0 x

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56425
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 520
x 6889

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed May 29, 2019 2:42 pm

Derwood wrote:

It's BN, so take that for what its worth


...do you think BN just makes stuff up?
0 x

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70824
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1302
x 2665

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Derwood » Wed May 29, 2019 2:47 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
...do you think BN just makes stuff up?


No, I just didn't find a corroborating article from a beat writer at the time I posted it, so I was acknowledging that this was a second hand news story, that's all
0 x

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 56425
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 520
x 6889

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed May 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Derwood wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
...do you think BN just makes stuff up?


No, I just didn't find a corroborating article from a beat writer at the time I posted it, so I was acknowledging that this was a second hand news story, that's all


You mean aside from the one linked in the BN article? https://chicago.suntimes.com/cubs/2019/ ... not-return
1 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61082
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3048
x 10687

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed May 29, 2019 2:52 pm

Derwood wrote:
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
...do you think BN just makes stuff up?


No, I just didn't find a corroborating article from a beat writer at the time I posted it, so I was acknowledging that this was a second hand news story, that's all

for a guy who hates twitter so much you sure do twitter like a true pro
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 70824
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1302
x 2665

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Derwood » Wed May 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Talking more about the way that a story was posted than the actual story is the most NSBB thing ever. Never change
0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61082
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3048
x 10687

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed May 29, 2019 3:07 pm

Derwood wrote:Talking more about the way that a story was posted than the actual story is the most NSBB thing ever. Never change

as to the story itself, I think it's an innocuous quote and really the only thing you can say in the situation. You have to prepare as though he will not return. I don't think Joe is breaking any news there.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!
Posts: 33039
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2706
x 6718
Contact:

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed May 29, 2019 3:08 pm

did she give this horsefeathers aids
0 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.

big ball chunky time
Formerly imb!
Posts: 33039
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:57 am
x 2706
x 6718
Contact:

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby big ball chunky time » Wed May 29, 2019 3:12 pm

zobrist not derwood
6 x
Duke Silver wrote:You've never been right about anything. You bitch and moan at the slightest hint of things not going right ... Suck my ass, you whiny little bitch.


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 26 guests