General Cubs Chit-Chat

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 33846
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1711
x 1659

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:43 pm

I blame the weight of Meph's expectations.
4 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58859
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2383
x 8059

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:43 pm

ConstableRabbit wrote:The first 5 sec on loop sounds kinda cool. The rest is... not a good walkup song. Or a particularly good song period.


I concur.

I also thought most christian music tried to be a little less on the nose than that. It was basically a sunday school story sung.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Derwood
Stall Monitor
Posts: 68146
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:44 pm
Location: 375 Miles East of Wrigley
x 1004
x 1938

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Derwood » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:54 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
ConstableRabbit wrote:The first 5 sec on loop sounds kinda cool. The rest is... not a good walkup song. Or a particularly good song period.


I concur.

I also thought most christian music tried to be a little less on the nose than that. It was basically a sunday school story sung.


The worst thing about Modern Christian music is how lazy the songwriting is.
0 x

User avatar
Hairyducked Idiot
Kyle in disguise
Posts: 33846
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:42 pm
Location: Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
x 1711
x 1659

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Hairyducked Idiot » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:34 pm

Derwood wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
ConstableRabbit wrote:The first 5 sec on loop sounds kinda cool. The rest is... not a good walkup song. Or a particularly good song period.


I concur.

I also thought most christian music tried to be a little less on the nose than that. It was basically a sunday school story sung.


The worst thing about Modern Christian music is how lazy the songwriting is.


In my day they took creative risks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzaLqn2Qtgo
0 x

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8372
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 1109
x 648

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby ConstableRabbit » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:59 pm

Hairyducked Idiot wrote:
Derwood wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
I concur.

I also thought most christian music tried to be a little less on the nose than that. It was basically a sunday school story sung.


The worst thing about Modern Christian music is how lazy the songwriting is.


In my day they took creative risks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzaLqn2Qtgo

Who's in the house? JC.
[BBvideo=560,315]
[/BBvideo]
1 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

Bull
Formerly MrWood
Posts: 3786
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 3:54 pm
Location: Not St Louis anymore!
x 100
x 382

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Bull » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Derwood wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
ConstableRabbit wrote:The first 5 sec on loop sounds kinda cool. The rest is... not a good walkup song. Or a particularly good song period.


I concur.

I also thought most christian music tried to be a little less on the nose than that. It was basically a sunday school story sung.


The worst thing about Modern Christian music is how lazy the songwriting is.


Most of what is played on Christian radio is pretty awful, but there is some more niche-ey stuff that is very good. It's just that it a niche within a niche, so few people know about it that aren't looking for it.
0 x
Image

Bull
Formerly MrWood
Posts: 3786
Joined: Fri May 02, 2003 3:54 pm
Location: Not St Louis anymore!
x 100
x 382

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Bull » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:43 pm

Tim wrote:
Bull wrote:
PosterToBeNamedLater wrote:Zobrist uses his wife's Christian songs--so yeah, be worried.

Because everyone should be encouraged to express themselves except Christians. This is getting tired. :roll:

I missed where anyone of other religions was being encouraged to push their beliefs on others.

Really?!?
I don't see how playing your favorite song in the same way your teammates are playing theirs is pushing anything.
Last edited by Bull on Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Image

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60783
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7884
x 4785

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby David » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 pm

Bull wrote:
Tim wrote:
Bull wrote:Because everyone should be encouraged to express themselves except Christians. This is getting tired. :roll:

I missed where anyone of other religions was being encouraged to push their beliefs on others.

Really?!?
1. I don't see how playing your favorite song in the same way your teammates are playing theirs is pushing anything.
2. http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/251741-isis-terrorists/


i have no idea what point you think you're making with that link
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66361
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5071
x 5041

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Banedon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Bull wrote:Most of what is played on Christian radio is pretty awful, but there is some more niche-ey stuff that is very good. It's just that it a niche within a niche, so few people know about it that aren't looking for it.


Ok...cool I guess. But calling Christian music bad (or being fearful of it being walkup music) is hardly an attack on Christianity. It's at best a generalization of a genre of music.
0 x
Image

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 58859
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 2383
x 8059

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:50 pm

Bull wrote:
Tim wrote:
Bull wrote:Because everyone should be encouraged to express themselves except Christians. This is getting tired. :roll:

I missed where anyone of other religions was being encouraged to push their beliefs on others.

Really?!?
1. I don't see how playing your favorite song in the same way your teammates are playing theirs is pushing anything.
2. http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/251741-isis-terrorists/


What in the ever loving crap does that isis story have to do with Tim's comment about people not being encouraged to push their beliefs on others on this forum?

Also, it's really doubtful that is his favorite song. If he's playing his wife's (awful) music he's trying to promote his wife's (awful) music. Like if one of these guys was married to One Direction and played their music in their walk up, that would suck.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66361
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5071
x 5041

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Banedon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:54 pm

ROFL, I don't know how I missed that link....what on earth

"Christian music is kinda bad"

"Why do you hate Christians?!?!?!"

"I wasn't saying anything about Christi..."

"ISIS!!!"
5 x
Image

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77513
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9753
x 12885

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:55 pm

This is a very good hot take meltdown.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 33922
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 775
x 5393

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:56 pm

lolololololol
0 x
Image

User avatar
Duke Silver
Superstar
Posts: 11349
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:45 am
x 12501
x 9099

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Duke Silver » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:02 pm

As someone who is often offended by Christianity, let me just say that I am much more offended that he is playing his wife's music than I am offended that it is Christian music.
2 x

User avatar
sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President
Posts: 11736
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:58 am
Location: behind the boathouse
x 544
x 942

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby sneakypower » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:10 pm

Castro to Zobrist is probably the biggest dropoff in walk-up songs conceivable
9 x

User avatar
ConstableRabbit
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8372
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Heavenston
x 1109
x 648

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby ConstableRabbit » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:14 pm

sneakypower wrote:Castro to Zobrist is probably the biggest dropoff in walk-up songs conceivable

It'd be like if Trevor Cahill became our closer.
0 x
During a "Not For Women Only" panel discussion, former Cubs pitcher Mike Bielecki asked several players to invent a baseball catch phrase for Viagra. Theriot's ad campaign: "Viagra -- I always play hard."

User avatar
Smack
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 8252
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 8:13 am
Location: Milwaukee
x 63
x 17

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Smack » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Not liking Christian music = ISIS beheading people. That's top notch.
0 x
BTFU!

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60783
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7884
x 4785

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby David » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:27 pm

sneakypower wrote:Castro to Zobrist is probably the biggest dropoff in walk-up songs conceivable


bigger net drop/gain between castro to zobrist and coghlan to fowler?

as much as i want to say it's close to a wash just because i hated that coghlan song so much, really castro to zobrist is a considerably bigger loss than the other gain
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
David
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 60783
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:33 am
Location: Chicago
x 7884
x 4785

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby David » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Smack wrote:Not liking Christian music = ISIS beheading people. That's top notch.


plus nobody here was encouraging ISIS beheading people
0 x
Image

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 55705
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:23 pm
Location: Greater St. Louis
x 427
x 5923

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Transmogrified Tiger » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:35 pm

where do I go to unsubscribe from snobbery about 10 second music clips
0 x

User avatar
Banedon
Curse You!
Posts: 66361
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
Location: Kidding Myself
x 5071
x 5041

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Banedon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:40 pm

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:where do I go to unsubscribe from snobbery about 10 second music clips


Start Button -> Shutdown
0 x
Image

User avatar
CyHawk_Cub
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 6813
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:24 pm
x 117
x 1912

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby CyHawk_Cub » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:09 pm

Duke Silver wrote:As someone who is often offended by Christianity, let me just say that I am much more offended that he is playing his wife's music than I am offended that it is Christian music.


^^^YES
1 x

User avatar
JudasIscariotTheBird
All-Star
Posts: 3293
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:05 am
Location: Denver, CO
x 3052
x 1310

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby JudasIscariotTheBird » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:50 pm

David wrote:
Smack wrote:Not liking Christian music = ISIS beheading people. That's top notch.


plus nobody here was encouraging ISIS beheading people

If I knew I only had like 2 months to live, I would sign up to be beahead by ISIS, assuming I would be assured that no being would ever be forced to listen to Christian Rock again. Hell, I'd settle for no baseball fan being forced to listen to Christian rock for 10 seconds at a time. Tis a far, far better better thing that I do now, than I have ever done; tis a far, far better entrance song you'll hear, than Christ has ever known.
0 x
"None of these signal alarm bells to me"-Boris
"Sublime was driven by their frontman, who was, quite probably, a musical savant." -RIP Stannis
(Formerly Diceman4221)

User avatar
Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts
Posts: 77513
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
Location: Washington DC
x 9753
x 12885

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Sammy Sofa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:09 pm

0 x
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Andy
Hall of Fame
Posts: 31684
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:02 am
Location: West Michigan
x 556

Re: General Cubs Chit-Chat

Postby Andy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:50 pm

David wrote:
sneakypower wrote:Castro to Zobrist is probably the biggest dropoff in walk-up songs conceivable


bigger net drop/gain between castro to zobrist and coghlan to fowler?

as much as i want to say it's close to a wash just because i hated that coghlan song so much, really castro to zobrist is a considerably bigger loss than the other gain

Castro to anything is a major step down to be fair
0 x
TBS Playoffs Insider wrote:ITS THE THUGGISH RUGGISH BONE FOR GODS SAKES


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bear Cub and 6 guests