Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25938
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 7740
x 5452

Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby Cubswin11 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:13 pm

Figured this is significant enough for its own thread and would assume there will be plenty to share over the next month or so as he works his way back.

1 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25938
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 7740
x 5452

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:27 pm

0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25938
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 7740
x 5452

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:40 pm

0 x
Screw Pitchers

badger
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7795
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:25 pm
Location: Denver
x 454
x 528

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby badger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:44 pm

How's he been so far?
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25938
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 7740
x 5452

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:48 pm

badger wrote:How's he been so far?

4/22, 2 singles, 2HR (left and right handed) and 3BB. Don’t know where he’s been playing defensively. The HRs came recently, iirc.
0 x
Screw Pitchers

User avatar
Omar
Superstar
Posts: 19638
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:10 am
x 462
x 972

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby Omar » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:58 pm

I think he's ready.
0 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘

squally1313
All-Star
Posts: 3980
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:34 pm
x 1243
x 1439

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby squally1313 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Eh...where you going to play him right now? Right now it's hard to sit any of Schwarber/Castellanos/Happ. Obviously given their track records at least one of those guys is going to cool off (and soon)...but given the time off, I'd rather Zobrist get a week or two of consistent ABs at AAA.

The interesting part is for who. We haven't seen Kemp in CF at all yet. The most popular answer is Almora, but that would leave Heyward playing CF every day (and give them a lot less options for late inning defense). Bote is another option.
0 x

User avatar
Cubswin11
Hall of Fame
Posts: 25938
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:17 pm
x 7740
x 5452

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby Cubswin11 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:29 pm

squally1313 wrote:Eh...where you going to play him right now? Right now it's hard to sit any of Schwarber/Castellanos/Happ. Obviously given their track records at least one of those guys is going to cool off (and soon)...but given the time off, I'd rather Zobrist get a week or two of consistent ABs at AAA.

The interesting part is for who. We haven't seen Kemp in CF at all yet. The most popular answer is Almora, but that would leave Heyward playing CF every day (and give them a lot less options for late inning defense). Bote is another option.

He should be in RF or 2B vs almost all lefties, then just ride matchups/hot hand of him, Schwarbs and Happ and to a lesser degree Heyward between the OF and 2B. There’s ABs for him, even just as a PH. But he probably should be in Iowa until September or close to it. 22 PAs after 3-4 months off isn’t enough.
1 x
Screw Pitchers

TomtheBombadil
5-Time All-Star
Posts: 7575
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:35 pm
x 666
x 690

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby TomtheBombadil » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:33 pm

Yeah, 3-4 months out for a guy in his late 30s in the middle of a divorce warrants more than 22 PAs. I want Zobrist ready for October more than anything else, October bats will definitely be there for him no matter what, and don't think he has to be rostered before September to be playoff eligible
0 x
Spoiler: show
Image


"We struck down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not-bickering." - The Shoveler

User avatar
Little Slide Rooter
Formerly West Side Rooter
Posts: 26432
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:41 pm
Location: Here
x 197
Contact:

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby Little Slide Rooter » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Zobrist isn’t in the I Cubs lineup today, and while he’s still on their roster, he’s not listed as on the bench per the box score. Could he be on his way up soon?
0 x
We won the World Series.

Jaxbro
Starter
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:49 pm
x 37
x 123

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby Jaxbro » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:10 am

Little Slide Rooter wrote:Zobrist isn’t in the I Cubs lineup today, and while he’s still on their roster, he’s not listed as on the bench per the box score. Could he be on his way up soon?

Pretty sure it came out today they want him in Iowa for another week
0 x

User avatar
Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag
Posts: 34795
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:42 am
Location: Durnsville
x 949
x 6382

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:42 pm

Almora is hitting 500 at Iowa so he should be called up first.
4 x
Image

GaryWoods
All-Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: Mt. Sterling, Iowa
x 20
x 26

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby GaryWoods » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:36 pm

TomtheBombadil wrote:Yeah, 3-4 months out for a guy in his late 30s in the middle of a divorce warrants more than 22 PAs. I want Zobrist ready for October more than anything else, October bats will definitely be there for him no matter what, and don't think he has to be rostered before September to be playoff eligible


No, as I understand it if he's still on the restricted list at the deadline he's eligible.
0 x
"Well, I'm American, so he'll always be Ivuhn Duh-JEE-zuhs to me" - Uncle Bobby Collins on Ivan DeJesus, WGN radio, 1983

entbird79
Starter
Posts: 326
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:09 am
x 1287
x 94

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby entbird79 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Almora is hitting 500 at Iowa so he should be called up first.


#BEST25
1 x

GaryWoods
All-Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 9:32 pm
Location: Mt. Sterling, Iowa
x 20
x 26

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby GaryWoods » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:26 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:Almora is hitting 500 at Iowa so he should be called up first.


Who?
0 x
"Well, I'm American, so he'll always be Ivuhn Duh-JEE-zuhs to me" - Uncle Bobby Collins on Ivan DeJesus, WGN radio, 1983

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61082
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3048
x 10687

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby jersey cubs fan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:47 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

NOLA
All-Star
Posts: 4360
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:17 am
Location: Bywater, New Orleans
x 928
x 681
Contact:

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby NOLA » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:40 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:https://twitter.com/bearcub712/status/1163596804220284928?s=21

And not currently on Chicago’s roster per MLB.com.

EDIT: there you go.

0 x

User avatar
jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF
Posts: 61082
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:38 pm
Location: Hoboken squat cobbler
x 3048
x 10687

Re: Zobrist Begins Minor League Rehab

Postby jersey cubs fan » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:18 pm

0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.


Return to “Cubs Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests