Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Re: 2020 Schedule Released

Postby Sammy Sofa » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:33 pm

Bull wrote:
Andy wrote:
UMFan83 wrote:
No, just wishfully thinking I'd guess

At the rate people are getting infected lately, maybe we'll hit that fabled mid-20s percent rate and it'll start burning out by then. Pathetically, that might be our best hope.

Our bodies only remain immune to the three coronaviruses that cause common cold (some 30% of common colds, I think) for 18 months. So probably not.

Obvious disclaimer, we have no idea if that is true for this one which is so much different From those three in so many other ways, but this is probably with us until a (yearly) vaccine comes along.

This virus is like MERS and, obviously, SARS, and immunity to those lasts years.
2 x
► Show Spoiler

Bull
Formerly MrWood

Re: 2020 Schedule Released

Postby Bull » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:41 am

Sammy Sofa wrote:
Bull wrote:
Andy wrote:At the rate people are getting infected lately, maybe we'll hit that fabled mid-20s percent rate and it'll start burning out by then. Pathetically, that might be our best hope.

Our bodies only remain immune to the three coronaviruses that cause common cold (some 30% of common colds, I think) for 18 months. So probably not.

Obvious disclaimer, we have no idea if that is true for this one which is so much different From those three in so many other ways, but this is probably with us until a (yearly) vaccine comes along.

This virus is like MERS and, obviously, SARS, and immunity to those lasts years.

That’s ... encouraging
0 x

Return to “Cubs Discussions”