john lackey sucks and we were always right to hate him

treebird
chinese food

john lackey sucks and we were always right to hate him

Postby treebird » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:25 am

thanks for giving up rockets to jean horsefeathering segura and making schwarber die
6 x

sneakypower
Javy Baez Fanclub President

Re: john lackey sucks and we were always right to hate him

Postby sneakypower » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:44 am

co-signed
0 x

treebird
chinese food

Postby treebird » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:47 am

let's start a pool for how many starts we have to give lackey before moving him to the bullpen

i call 5
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:48 am

holy horsefeathers, he's making our outfielders run marathons
0 x

Little Slide Rooter
Formerly West Side Rooter

Postby Little Slide Rooter » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:20 am

It's like the love child of Jason Marquis and Brian Schlitter had a love child with Hitler.
0 x
We won the World Series.

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:42 am

0 x

apete6
All-Star

Postby apete6 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:57 pm

There's always this, too: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ancer.html

I'll probably come around on him if he pitches well, but he's a douche.
0 x

Omar
Superstar

Postby Omar » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:13 pm

apete6 wrote:There's always this, too: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ancer.html

I don't see any reports that say he divorced her because of the cancer. Maybe she was just a bitch.

However, saying 'everything in my life sucks right now.' because his wife has cancer is a little douchey.
0 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Omar wrote:
apete6 wrote:There's always this, too: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ancer.html

I don't see any reports that say he divorced her because of the cancer. Maybe she was just a bitch.

However, saying 'everything in my life sucks right now.' because his wife has cancer is a little douchey.

uh, aren't there better ways to say maybe his marriage was just bad/failing?
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:38 pm

Omar wrote:

Nobody accused him of leaving her because of the cancer, the criticism is any person divorcing their spouse while they are fighting cancer.

And it's incredibly stupid to chalk it up to either because it was cancer or she was a B.
0 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:41 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Omar wrote:

Nobody accused him of leaving her because of the cancer, the criticism is any person divorcing their spouse while they are fighting cancer.

And it's incredibly stupid to chalk it up to either because it was cancer or she was a B.

i thought people were but in a tongue in cheek manner...i figured it was like a meme/running joke. maybe i misread the way it was said.
0 x

The Cubs’ transaction list under Epstein and Hoyer reads like a work of fiction, a wish-fulfillment list composed in hindsight.

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:54 pm

David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Omar wrote:

i thought people were but in a tongue in cheek manner...i figured it was like a meme/running joke. maybe i misread the way it was said.

Yes, that was the joke, it's fairly dickish to divorce somebody currently fighting cancer, he's a big dumb hick who played for the cardinals let's just assume the worst and say he left her because of the cancer.
1 x
longhotsummer wrote:I realize now, any opposing viewpoint, will not be tolerated.

David
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby David » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:56 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Nobody accused him of leaving her because of the cancer, the criticism is any person divorcing their spouse while they are fighting cancer.

Yes, that was the joke, it's fairly dickish to divorce somebody currently fighting cancer, he's a big dumb hick who played for the cardinals let's just assume the worst and say he left her because of the cancer.

right, i guess i just meant i thought it was a little weird that we were still running with it at that level when he signed here.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:57 pm

David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
David wrote:

right, i guess i just meant i thought it was a little weird that we were still running with it at that level when he signed here.

i was all set to get cozy with him until he broke schwarber
0 x

bukie
Superstar

Postby bukie » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:58 pm

David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
David wrote:

It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice!
0 x
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:59 pm

She really married below her station in life. Then again, anyone marrying that hump would be.
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Ding Dong Johnson wrote:

She really married below her station in life. Then again, anyone marrying that hump would be.

only if you consider rich athlete to be below the station of an attractive woman
0 x

Ding Dong Johnson
Crap Bag

Postby Ding Dong Johnson » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:16 pm

uh doy
0 x

Omar
Superstar

Postby Omar » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:20 pm

maybe its deeper than all of this. maybe psychologically (subconsciously) we put him on the same boat as fellow douches, Newt Gingrich and John Edwards.
0 x
┌( ◔_◔)┘

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:53 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
David wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Nobody accused him of leaving her because of the cancer, the criticism is any person divorcing their spouse while they are fighting cancer.

all things being equal, if someone would normally get a divorce, they shouldn't if one of them has cancer?
0 x

jersey cubs fan
Inner-Circle HOF

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:55 pm

seanimal wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
David wrote:

all things being equal, if someone would normally get a divorce, they shouldn't if one of them has cancer?

I don't really know what all things being equal means in a situation like this.
0 x

rocket
Superstar

Postby rocket » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:55 pm

seanimal wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
David wrote:

not if you're a classy st. louis cardinal
0 x

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:53 pm

jersey cubs fan wrote:
seanimal wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:Yes, that was the joke, it's fairly dickish to divorce somebody currently fighting cancer, he's a big dumb hick who played for the cardinals let's just assume the worst and say he left her because of the cancer.

ignoring the context of this situation as well as any outside factors that when introduced would change your response, if someone would normally get a divorce, they shouldn't if one of them has cancer?
0 x

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:58 pm

seanimal wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
seanimal wrote:

ignoring the context of this situation as well as any outside factors that when introduced would change your response, if someone would normally get a divorce, they shouldn't if one of them has cancer?

Sounds like quite the sticky wicket, old chap.
0 x
► Show Spoiler

Tracer Bullet
fka mariners revenge

Postby Tracer Bullet » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:01 pm

i guess i'm not sure what you're asking. but if you're like "boy I want a divorce" but just haven't filed the papers, doing so after your spouse gets cancer is a horsefeathers thing to do, yes. of course, if your spouse is abusive and you're happy he got cancer bc he'll die a miserable, painful death, then divorce away. but generally i think dropping divorce papers on someone on their way to chemo is yeah, you're an horsefeathers territory.
0 x

Return to “Cubs Discussions”