- Already worth half a WAA over last season
- On pace for close to 7 WPA, already better than last year (4th in MLB this year)
- Already has 2.6 rWAR (worth 3.1 last year)
- As a Cubs pitcher his FIP is below 3
- 5:1 K:BB this year
- His 2.10 RA9 is far and away the best in his career
- 5-Time All-Star
- Posts: 8458
- Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:17 am
- Location: Heavenston
- x 1147
- x 726
- Curse You!
- Posts: 66797
- Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 9:36 pm
- Location: Kidding Myself
- x 5512
- x 5354
Duke Silver wrote:So this guy is worth every penny. He pitched in six games for us in the playoffs and we won five of them. He's basically been Madison Bumgarner in the playoffs, except for a longer time. Everyone wouldn't shut the hell up about his yips. Yet, he went out and threw nearly a quarter of our total playoff innings, with a 2.02 ERA. He gave us 3 innings on two days rest, throwing 55 pitches, in the biggest game in franchise history. Gutsy. Everything you'd want in an ace. And he never gets enough credit.
"I don't know if you're aware, but Jon Lester can't throw to first!"
- Sammy Sofa
- Licks Butts
- Posts: 79021
- Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:45 am
- Location: Washington DC
- x 11080
- x 13874
Sammy Sofa wrote:He's one of those weird players where they're really, really, really, really, really good at what they do, but it's easy to just kinda take it for granted. Like, "oh, yeah, Lester went out there and pitched another awesome game, ho-hum."
Not anymore. That man brought us a World Series Championship. There will be no taking any of these guys for granted.