The version of the board software has been updated. If you want to use a different theme (currently only subsilver is available), please do the following:

1) click your name in the upper right
2) click user control panel
3) go to the board preferences tab
4) Change from prosilver to subsilver
5) click submit.

Pitchers and catchers

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Pitchers and catchers

Postby jersey cubs fan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:09 pm

I completely lost track and just figured out they report on Saturday the 18th. Finally. This offseason has been way too long, and despite a lot of things being discussed, it's been boring as hell. Start playing baseball please so we can fast forward to whatever year it will be when this team is good again.

Derwood
Stall Monitor

Re: Pitchers and catchers

Postby Derwood » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:14 pm

I'm probably alone here, but pitchers and catchers reporting doesn't excite me much. Spring training is interminable and pointless and the season is still nearly 2 months away

CubsBearsMagic
All-Star

Postby CubsBearsMagic » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Derwood wrote:I'm probably alone here, but pitchers and catchers reporting doesn't excite me much. Spring training is interminable and pointless and the season is still nearly 2 months away

This. Spring Training is infuriating after about a week.
Lifelong fan of the Chicago Cubs, Chicago Bears, Orlando Magic, Tampa Bay Lightning, UNI Panthers, and Terry Labonte.

When the Cubs win the WS, we're guaranteed the best celebration in the history of sports. I'll take it over quantity of titles any day.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Yeah, I love it when everyone shows up and we see the early pictures, then it becomes agony, then it's fun again right when the spring training games show up on radio/TV and then it becomes agony again until opening day.
Spoiler: show

seanimal
stats enthousiast

Postby seanimal » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:50 pm

i especially hate those split squad games where one is televised and invariably it's the one featuring all of the guys who get cut within the next week and a half

BeerHere
All-Star

Postby BeerHere » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:59 am

WTF is wrong with you people? Spring training marks the beginning of baseball for me. It means that spring is around the corner. It means that I'll be watching/attending games soon. BeerWife and I are going to Mesa mid-March.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 am

Nuts&Gum wrote:Yeah, I love it when everyone shows up and we see the early pictures, then it becomes agony, then it's fun again right when the spring training games show up on radio/TV and then it becomes agony again until opening day.

Huh, seems odd to me. It gets tiresome toward the end but that's just getting anxious for opening day. Can't imagine this being agony.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Nuts&Gum wrote:Yeah, I love it when everyone shows up and we see the early pictures, then it becomes agony, then it's fun again right when the spring training games show up on radio/TV and then it becomes agony again until opening day.

Huh, seems odd to me. It gets tiresome toward the end but that's just getting anxious for opening day. Can't imagine this being agony.

Because nothing is happening after the initial newness of everyone showing up and then when the games start on TV/radio.

Banedon
Curse You!

Postby Banedon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:07 am

And ST games are absolutely dreadful tv viewing.

David
Hall of Fame

Postby David » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:11 am

Banedon wrote:And ST games are absolutely dreadful tv viewing.

i like the very first one and the last one or two that they usually do at chase field with most of the cuts already made.

jersey cubs fan
Hall of Fame

Postby jersey cubs fan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 am

Nuts&Gum wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Because nothing is happening after the initial newness of everyone showing up and then when the games start on TV/radio.

Stuff is happening. Guys are playing baseball and every sports themed website is writing about it. The last month or two have been painful with nothing but people writing about rumors that never come to fruition.

Sammy Sofa
Licks Butts

Postby Sammy Sofa » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 am

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Nuts&Gum wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:

Stuff is happening. Guys are playing baseball and every sports themed website is writing about it. The last month or two have been painful with nothing but people writing about rumors that never come to fruition.

Same difference to me.

Return to “Cubs Discussions”