North Side Baseball - Home Page

The place for discussion about the Chicago Cubs
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Pitchers and catchers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:09 pm 
Hall of Fame

I completely lost track and just figured out they report on Saturday the 18th. Finally. This offseason has been way too long, and despite a lot of things being discussed, it's been boring as hell. Start playing baseball please so we can fast forward to whatever year it will be when this team is good again.

Spoiler: show

google adsense
Post details
 Post subject: Re: Pitchers and catchers
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:14 pm 
Stall Monitor

I'm probably alone here, but pitchers and catchers reporting doesn't excite me much. Spring training is interminable and pointless and the season is still nearly 2 months away

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:39 pm 
All-Star

Derwood wrote:
I'm probably alone here, but pitchers and catchers reporting doesn't excite me much. Spring training is interminable and pointless and the season is still nearly 2 months away

This. Spring Training is infuriating after about a week.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:40 pm 
Formerly Nuts&Gum

Yeah, I love it when everyone shows up and we see the early pictures, then it becomes agony, then it's fun again right when the spring training games show up on radio/TV and then it becomes agony again until opening day.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:50 pm 
stats enthousiast

i especially hate those split squad games where one is televised and invariably it's the one featuring all of the guys who get cut within the next week and a half

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:59 am 
All-Star

WTF is wrong with you people? Spring training marks the beginning of baseball for me. It means that spring is around the corner. It means that I'll be watching/attending games soon. BeerWife and I are going to Mesa mid-March.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 am 
Hall of Fame

Nuts&Gum wrote:
Yeah, I love it when everyone shows up and we see the early pictures, then it becomes agony, then it's fun again right when the spring training games show up on radio/TV and then it becomes agony again until opening day.

Huh, seems odd to me. It gets tiresome toward the end but that's just getting anxious for opening day. Can't imagine this being agony.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:05 am 
Formerly Nuts&Gum

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Nuts&Gum wrote:

Huh, seems odd to me. It gets tiresome toward the end but that's just getting anxious for opening day. Can't imagine this being agony.

Because nothing is happening after the initial newness of everyone showing up and then when the games start on TV/radio.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:07 am 
Curse You!

And ST games are absolutely dreadful tv viewing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:11 am 
Hall of Fame

Banedon wrote:
And ST games are absolutely dreadful tv viewing.

i like the very first one and the last one or two that they usually do at chase field with most of the cuts already made.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:19 am 
Hall of Fame

Nuts&Gum wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Nuts&Gum wrote:

Because nothing is happening after the initial newness of everyone showing up and then when the games start on TV/radio.

Stuff is happening. Guys are playing baseball and every sports themed website is writing about it. The last month or two have been painful with nothing but people writing about rumors that never come to fruition.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 am 
Formerly Nuts&Gum

jersey cubs fan wrote:
Nuts&Gum wrote:
jersey cubs fan wrote:
Nuts&Gum wrote:

Stuff is happening. Guys are playing baseball and every sports themed website is writing about it. The last month or two have been painful with nothing but people writing about rumors that never come to fruition.

Same difference to me.

google adsense
Post details